What stocks are you buying now? Part 29

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
What's funny is absolute none of the catalysts have even been announced yet. Like nothing has happened. Native tokens. Thats it.

It's still the easiest double I've ever seen...

Reactions: Cody Webster

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
@ZDH can you help explain this whole staking thing with my ADA? I was finally able to move it all out of binance over to Yoroi. When I go to delegate, there are a bunch of different pools I can put it in.
I'm guessing the costs is the cut they take, but what's the other numbers? For instance the (2%+340) in the first pool?

Last edited:

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
@Cody Webster
2% is the pool fee and the 340 ada is split amongst all the delegators in the pool so that brings you to your 2.3% or whatever it is. The most important stat to look at is simply the ROA (return on ada) this stat far outweighs any pool fee (up to around 5%) as fees are si dirt cheap in our system you can essentially ignore them.

Cardano Dan does a decent video about this.

I recommend KIND pool. You get 6-6.5% ROA which is tops and they give 25% 9f margin to charity. Win/win.

Also saturation point is currently 64 million and many pools are approaching that number. Also this number will be halved soon so keep that in mind, saturation point now and in the future are important as it takes 3 epochs to move from one pool to another so you need to take preemptive actions...

Last edited:

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
I messaged a few posters about loading up CAN and RIOT.

CAN up 200%, RIOT up 150% the past 2 weeks. I can finally brag about this after being away for 2 weeks for some unknown reasons.

My base cost of RIOT is at $15, 1000 shares, still holding long and strong.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Finally started a position in Redfin. Next on my list are Chegg and Pins. I may sell Lemonade to free up some cash if it hits 170 plus again.

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
Finally started a position in Redfin. Next on my list are Chegg and Pins. I may sell Lemonade to free up some cash if it hits 170 plus again.
Yo, I'm back! Now we don't need to PM about RIOT and CAN. hahaha.....hope you got in on CAN this morning.

I was thinking about dumping LMND and going all in on SOS.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Yo, I'm back! Now we don't need to PM about RIOT and CAN. hahaha.....hope you got in on CAN this morning.

I was thinking about dumping LMND and going all in on SOS.
I still don’t know which of them to invest in, also debating Mara and Hive!
How high these stocks gonna go? Seems like they’ve gone up a ton so fast.

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
I still don’t know which of them to invest in, also debating Mara and Hive!
I would still go with CAN. They are practically the NVDA of the crypto world right now. SOS is a nice gamble. EBON is another gamble. When the Chinese money starts moving, these three will explode.

Canaan is selling the cpus to miners. It's like a nuclear arms race. I recalled when oil prices soared, the companies selling to the drillers and exploration companies rocketed so hard.

Wondering where you were.

Thoughts on GME?
I said short on GME at $300. What happened to those who were long at $300 waiting for $1000?
Game is over on GME, hot money going to crypto miners. Just do your research on the btc miners and see which companies have the most processing power and systems setup.

You should be wondering where I was. I was following this thread while I was "away" and saw how the GME crowd evaporated as I predicted 2 weeks ago.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
@Cody Webster
2% is the pool fee and the 340 ada is split amongst all the delegators in the pool so that brings you to your 2.3% or whatever it is. The most important stat to look at is simply the ROA (return on ada) this stat far outweighs any pool fee (up to around 5%) as fees are si dirt cheap in our system you can essentially ignore them.

Cardano Dan does a decent video about this.

I recommend KIND pool. You get 6-6.5% ROA which is tops and they give 25% 9f margin to charity. Win/win.

Also saturation point is currently 64 million and many pools are approaching that number. Also this number will be halved soon so keep that in mind, saturation point now and in the future are important as it takes 3 epochs to move from one pool to another so you need to take preemptive actions...
Thoughts on this one?

Screenshot_20210219-221624.png

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Also wondering, anyone load up Binance Coin? Up 40% right now.
BinanceCoin USD (BNB-USD) Stock Price, News, Quote & History - Yahoo Finance

Binance is basically attacking ETH. ETH gas prices are ridiculously high right now so they're pushing their centralized coin, which is the ETH chain but with cheap fees. Of course it's controlled by one exchange, but they're betting the market cares more about prices than decentralization. And so far in the short term they look correct.

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
Binance is basically attacking ETH. ETH gas prices are ridiculously high right now so they're pushing their centralized coin, which is the ETH chain but with cheap fees. Of course it's controlled by one exchange, but they're betting the market cares more about prices than decentralization. And so far in the short term they look correct.
The big boys will try to bury ETH if it goes up too much, you watch.

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
I said short on GME at $300. What happened to those who were long at $300 waiting for $1000?
Game is over on GME, hot money going to crypto miners. Just do your research on the btc miners and see which companies have the most processing power and systems setup.

You should be wondering where I was. I was following this thread while I was "away" and saw how the GME crowd evaporated as I predicted 2 weeks ago.

whoooossssshhhhhhhhh

Looks really solid, definitely checks all the boxes. Also, if you have more than ~100,000 ada some pools offer additional incentives to bring you to their pool. Something to keep in mind if it applys to you now/later.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Vitalik is one of the more thoughtful guys in the whole space. Glad to see ETH succeed, even if this ends up being a bubble.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013

I probably should be clear. I don't have feelings one way or another about if this crypto boom is a bubble - who knows?

But Vitalik is someone who I've learned a lot from just by reading his thinking. So I'm glad more people get exposed to his view of the world via interest in crypto.

Reactions: TheTechNoir

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
I have about .09 of BTC play coins. I have my core crypto already so this is strictly for trying for outsized gains. Should I move them into ADA? BNB? Or keep in BTC, or some combo or in something different altogether?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->