What stocks are you buying now? Part 27

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Will definitely be selling some cciv on a bif run up tomorrow

Bought 100 apha at 17.14 also, pretty confident it'll be back over 20 sooner than later.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Been reading up on GEVO all afternoon. Bought 15 shares a week or so ago. Seems like an investment that'll pay off in the next year or two for sure. Their CEO was appointed to Biden's Science team, booya! Renewable fuel sources for cars and aviation too, so a cause i can get behind.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Okay, just went back and did the math. In 3 days of reddit penny stock bandwagoning, my initial investment of $100 is now worth $120.75 when factoring in the current value of the ones I'm holding and the cash in hand in the account. 20% return isn't bad for a first attempt at this, and really could've been more if I didn't negligently let ZSAN slip away and trigger a stop at a losing position as the market tanked Wednesday morning when it was at like a 30% gain at one point Tuesday afternoon. You live you learn I guess.

Reactions: Cody Webster

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Been reading up on GEVO all afternoon. Bought 15 shares a week or so ago. Seems like an investment that'll pay off in the next year or two for sure. Their CEO was appointed to Biden's Science team, booya! Renewable fuel sources for cars and aviation too, so a cause i can get behind.

I did some research on biofuels (albeit this was 5 years ago) and the results weren't great. Most research reports showed that biofuels were actually on par or worse for the planet when you consider all the other factors. Doesn't directly affect GEVO or the renewables trend and the technology now may be miles ahead of where it was 5 years ago , I just dislike how all renewables are considered a greener alternative.

/rant over.

Leafs1991

Nov 17, 2015
Based on those CCIV reports, I may just buy back in. I'll see how the price plays out tomorrow.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
I did some research on biofuels (albeit this was 5 years ago) and the results weren't great. Most research reports showed that biofuels were actually on par or worse for the planet when you consider all the other factors. Doesn't directly affect GEVO or the renewables trend and the technology now may be miles ahead of where it was 5 years ago , I just dislike how all renewables are considered a greener alternative.

/rant over.
There is good reason why some of us are so bullish on GEVO.
Their Net Zero - 1 initiative is pretty groundbreaking, and the only real example in the biofuels arena.

Gevo Inc. - News
"The concept of a Net-Zero Project is to convert renewable energy (photosynthetic, wind, renewable natural gas, biogas) from a variety of sources into energy dense liquid hydrocarbons, that when burned in traditional engines, have the potential to achieve net-zero greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions across the whole lifecycle of the liquid fuel: from the way carbon is captured from the atmosphere, processed to make liquid fuel products, and including the end use (burning as a fuel for cars, planes, trucks, and ships). Gevo announces that its project currently planned to be constructed at Lake Preston, South Dakota will be the first Net-Zero Project and will be named “Net-Zero 1.” Gevo expects that Net-Zero 1 would have the capability to produce liquid hydrocarbons that when burned have a “net-zero” greenhouse gas footprint.

Net-Zero 1 is currently expected to have a capacity of 45MGPY of hydrocarbons (for gasoline and jet fuel, based on current take-or-pay contracts), to produce more than 350,000,000 pounds per year of high protein feed products for use in the food chain, to produce enough renewable natural gas to be self-sufficient for the production process needs, and also to generate renewable electricity with a combined heat and power system. Net-Zero 1 is also expected to utilize wind energy."

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
There is good reason why some of us are so bullish on GEVO.
Their Net Zero - 1 initiative is pretty groundbreaking, and the only real example in the biofuels arena.

Gevo Inc. - News
"The concept of a Net-Zero Project is to convert renewable energy (photosynthetic, wind, renewable natural gas, biogas) from a variety of sources into energy dense liquid hydrocarbons, that when burned in traditional engines, have the potential to achieve net-zero greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions across the whole lifecycle of the liquid fuel: from the way carbon is captured from the atmosphere, processed to make liquid fuel products, and including the end use (burning as a fuel for cars, planes, trucks, and ships). Gevo announces that its project currently planned to be constructed at Lake Preston, South Dakota will be the first Net-Zero Project and will be named “Net-Zero 1.” Gevo expects that Net-Zero 1 would have the capability to produce liquid hydrocarbons that when burned have a “net-zero” greenhouse gas footprint.

Net-Zero 1 is currently expected to have a capacity of 45MGPY of hydrocarbons (for gasoline and jet fuel, based on current take-or-pay contracts), to produce more than 350,000,000 pounds per year of high protein feed products for use in the food chain, to produce enough renewable natural gas to be self-sufficient for the production process needs, and also to generate renewable electricity with a combined heat and power system. Net-Zero 1 is also expected to utilize wind energy."

Definitely interesting, but i'll believe it when I see they achieve Net-Zero emissions. With that being said, even if they don't achieve their goal but get close to it, that is still a huge win.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
To anyone getting into cryptocurrency this time around and didn't touch it in 2017, my main advice is to invest in Bitcoin first and foremost. Crypto is still very much in the early adopter phase, the most practical use of any token is an alternative to FIAT. There will be promising technologies and use cases out there, but just remember there is a higher than likely chance the technology will not get mass adopted and crypto is very volatile.

I see a lot of similarities to now as I did in 2017. Bitcoin saw a huge spike, and all the alt-coins followed shortly after as people thought that crypto was finally here. They thought they had a chance to get in on the next Bitcoin/Ethereum/etc. If Bitcoin didn't see this spike, nobody would be talking about Cardero or any of these other alt coins. I'm not saying Cardero or any other coin doesn't have practical uses or are a bad investment, just remember that XRP once made the news and was suppose to disrupt the banking industry by now.

At the end of the day if the value of Bitcoin goes down, so will the alt coins.

Reactions: BreadManPanarin

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
I bought 16 shares of GEVO earlier this week after my brother told me about them. Got in late, but it sounds like it could be a big payoff in a few years

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
Here's a real gem for you boys and girls.
Buy Kadena.
Don't ask any questions.
Figure it out.

PoS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>PoW

Cardano doesn't have rooms of GPUs and the enormous electricity bill that comes with them. This is yet another massive advantage Cardano has over that coin, bitcoin, ethereum, any PoW coin.

At this point Bitcoin uses more power than Belgium. Here's Charles dropping hot fire on Bitcoin --->

Last edited:

BreadManPanarin

Mar 15, 2017
Super curious but I don’t know how to make a poll....

how many people in here don’t own any Bitcoin?

And what is your reasoning?

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
PoS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>PoW

Cardano doesn't have rooms of GPUs and the enormous electricity bill that comes with them. This is yet another massive advantage Cardano has over that coin, bitcoin, ethereum, any PoW coin.

At this point Bitcoin uses more power than Belgium. Here's Charles dropping hot fire on Bitcoin --->

If anyone here believes in this nonsense, do yourself a favor sell all your crypto.

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
If anyone here believes in this nonsense, do yourself a favor sell all your crypto.

Why is Ethereum moving towards PoS w eth 2.0?

Bitcoin uses 87 terawatts of power, thats more than Belgium...

Can you stake your coin? Is the top crypto mind in the world at the helm?

Reactions: Szechwan

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Why is Ethereum moving towards PoS w eth 2.0?

Bitcoin uses 87 terawatts of power, thats more than Belgium...

Ethereum is doomed to fail, the creators know this if you pay attention.
Bitcoin being PoW is why it's so huge today; it's the main selling point for cryptocurrency.
PoS is a ponzi; think about it and be careful.

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte

I signed up for some crypto exchange right around the beginning of 2018, when BTC was starting on a big downswing.

Rather than showing up at the perfect chance to buy in, I got spooked and ran away like a big ol' coward

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
Ethereum is doomed to fail, the creators know this if you pay attention.
Bitcoin being PoW is why it's so huge today; it's the main selling point for cryptocurrency.
PoS is a ponzi; think about it and be careful.

Ok bud we rocketshipped to #3 on the back of PoS

your coin is #429

Don't tell me to be careful lol you have $ in a crypto that is ranked outside the top 400 ffs that uses PoW

Reactions: Szechwan

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal

I don't have any, I'm quite new in buying stocks by myself. (1st stock bough feb 28th 2020, lost 30% in 3 weeks, but didn't sell)

as for Bitcoin, it's overwhelming the process to acquire, maintain and secure the key.
The decentralized is something new for me. Someone can steal my bitcoins and no one can help.

I'm slowly learning on digital wallets.

If I can buy Bitcoin through my current broker, I would've already bought some fractions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->