What stocks are you buying now? Part 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
This is just nuts. Have to feel a bit for the people who have money with these funds being so reckless. Really is a free for all with what they do.

You really are a wealth of knowledge on this and have definitely been moral support to just wait and hold lol.

Thank you, but please don't take any of what I say as financial advice. This is all just my opinion. Do your DD and make sure you are comfortable with what's happening based on your own research, not on what I say.

This could still go either way IMO. But the upside is far bigger than the risk, for me, at this point.

Reactions: 2023FriendshipTour

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
This is just nuts. Have to feel a bit for the people who have money with these funds being so reckless. Really is a free for all with what they do.

You really are a wealth of knowledge on this and have definitely been moral support to just wait and hold lol.

Also, don't worry about these funds. There are not funds for regular people.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Coinbase and Kraken having major issues, looks like they've disabled buying BTC and ETH for now. Not sure whats going on, they might be struggling to meet demand with their current supply.

In any case not allowing people to buy is going to really hurt this rally.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Did the hearing for single game sports betting happen? Wondering why SCR dropped 10% today.

Nope. It got pushed back from Dec. 9 to Jan 29th. Then pushed back again and apparently not on the slate for next week. Apparently the liberals are playing games. So we are going to have to start tweeting people and applying pressure.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Noob looking for some help with this. Opened a Fidelity account yesterday and the money was in the account this morning. When I go to buy a stock it says

"The buy order you are about to place exceeds your settled cash balance. Selling these shares before paying in full for the trade could result in a Good Faith Violation. Read Avoiding Cash Account Trading Violations for further clarification."

The cash available to trade is the amount I put in but the settled cash is $0.00. Any stock I buy today I have to hold the 2-3 days until it settles?

For me with Schwab, I have to hold the funds from a sold stock for 2 days until it "settles". I forget the reasons but basically it's to ensure everything went through properly. I think if you sign up to trade on margin then you can use that money much quicker. In your case with it being a deposit, I think they are just requiring that the funds be in there 2-3 days to be safe on their end. Think of your deposit like you wrote them a check for $X. They are waiting to make sure that check doesn't bounce before letting you invest and potentially lose that money.

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
Shorted more at 400 this morning. YEEEEEEEEHAAAW! GME can't hold these levels. I guarantee it'll be under 100 next month. Book it. Free money coming.

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
Coinbase and Kraken having major issues, looks like they've disabled buying BTC and ETH for now. Not sure whats going on, they might be struggling to meet demand with their current supply.

In any case not allowing people to buy is going to really hurt this rally.

I am really disappointed with Kraken, I tried to get funding on that damn site twice both times my wire gets kicked back even though I followed their own directions, I think i am just going to cancel my account and find someone else, I wanted to use them because they carried the coin I want to invest in

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
Noob looking for some help with this. Opened a Fidelity account yesterday and the money was in the account this morning. When I go to buy a stock it says

"The buy order you are about to place exceeds your settled cash balance. Selling these shares before paying in full for the trade could result in a Good Faith Violation. Read Avoiding Cash Account Trading Violations for further clarification."

The cash available to trade is the amount I put in but the settled cash is $0.00. Any stock I buy today I have to hold the 2-3 days until it settles?

you are allowed 3 good faith violations within an 18 month period. If you have a margin account, no good faith applies

BreadManPanarin

Mar 15, 2017
I said I was going to move 20% of my portfolio to cash today to hedge myself from potential liquidity risk from the GME trade, but I haven't made a single move yet. So hard to decide what to sell.... Sigh

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
Are you able to cover if you get margin called?
You haven't been following me since March. Over 1000 shares TSLA in my account, you think I can't cover a few hundred shares shorted? This is peanuts.

I bought GME at 60 and rode it up to 360 and sold, now I do the opposite and short. I'm here to make money, not here to listen to some WSB phoneys trying to prop up their own agenda.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
You haven't been following me since March. Over 1000 shares TSLA in my account, you think I can't cover a few hundred shares shorted? This is peanuts.

I bought GME at 60 and rode it up to 360 and sold, now I do the opposite and short. I'm here to make money, not here to listen to some WSB phoneys trying to prop up their own agenda.

Ok man, good luck to you. Hope you don't get margin called if this thing triples.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->