What stocks are you buying now? Part 20

Status
Not open for further replies.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
I took a small flyer on KNR with the McD's rumours/news. Got talked into BTC. Going to throw up...then purchase more.

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
I think I'm going risk it, a deal with McDonald's would be massive. And I'd asume more would follow..
Well, there is no proof of order, just testing with McD. Still, yeah, it would be massive if they do get a contract with McD.
For me, it's simple as I don't have any more spare CDN cash available so no more KNR shares for me.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Question for my fellow investors. Saw bitcoin with a big time drop today. So 2 part question. Any securities u think of selling off asap? Any securities if they drop 5-10% over next 7 days from bitcoin investments you buy asap? Thanks for the advice as always!

Leafs1991

Nov 17, 2015
For sure. It would be a home run type contract. Just feels a little more like gambling than investing. But I may also talk myself into it by Monday
I averaged down to 3.06 with 400 shares now. I'm also considering adding more and this tweet almost gives me hope that good things are coming.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
I averaged down to 3.06 with 400 shares now. I'm also considering adding more and this tweet almost gives me hope that good things are coming.
I did 600 shares to average down to 3.1...

The confirmed testing in McDonald's, and the tweet after nothing for a month, on a day the US market is closed, leads me to believe something is happening, soon.

Its definitely a gamble, but one I'm going to take.
Also considering selling some DraftKings and buying more tomorrow at market open.

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto

The confirmed testing in McDonald's, and the tweet after nothing for a month, on a day the US market is closed, leads me to believe something is happening, soon.

Also considering selling some DraftKings and buying more tomorrow at market open.
Well, supposedly another 3-4 McD's sites (all in London I think) were testing it out.
As far as I know, KNR did target schools first (and ignored the private sector) but realized there was too much red-tape to get through so changed gears towards the private sector (i.e. McD's etc.). Hopefully, as a parent with a kid going to school, they would continue to try to push a deal to get this into schools (Toronto specifically ;) ).
KNR is supposed to release their earnings call soon (today? Monday? can't remember). So would be nice if they had a surprise contract announcement as well. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Question for my fellow investors. Saw bitcoin with a big time drop today. So 2 part question. Any securities u think of selling off asap? Any securities if they drop 5-10% over next 7 days from bitcoin investments you buy asap? Thanks for the advice as always!

One I'm going to add to is $SI - Silvergate Capital.

Their SEN exchange is the exchange used by the major institutions (Coinbase, Gemini, Paypal) for a variety of crypto transactions, not just bitcoin. There are a couple of podcasts out there with the CEO, Alan Lane. The stock has run hard, a double in the last month. But it's only at 500M market cap and I think 1 billion at minimum is in play (stock price around the 50s).

MSTR (Microstrategy), RIOT and others are involved but I don't know anything about them.

Also OSTK is a low key crypto play and the chart is starting to turn around. Many don't realize that Overstock owns a stake in TZero Xchange which is used for not just crypto transactions but in theory, other blockchain applications. I haven't done much work on the name, I just trade it based on price action sometimes. For what it's worth, the CEO just bought stock in the 50s.

Leafs1991

Nov 17, 2015

Its at 3.27, a little higher than I want but I think you're right. I'm gonna add more tomorrow morning, hopefully it isn't too much higher tomorrow.

I could easily add another 1000 here haha

Leafs1991

Nov 17, 2015

I also am interested in if anyone has an idea of what KNRs target share price could be if it manages to get contracts? Like we talking a potential $10 or more?

Reactions: EXTRAS

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
I also am interested in if anyone has an idea of what KNRs target share price could be if it manages to get contracts? Like we talking a potential $10 or more?
Err, I don't think it's possible to give an estimate without knowing what the contract is and how much revenue that contact will bring in. And even then, considering how irrational this market is...who knows...

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
Its at 3.27, a little higher than I want but I think you're right. I'm gonna add more tomorrow morning, hopefully it isn't too much higher tomorrow.

I could easily add another 1000 here haha
I should mention that investing in KNR is still VERY risky. Although I have my hopes up but this still could go down the drain. We still have NO sales yet. The McD deal that everyone is hyping about may never happen. Some black swan new tech may just pop up and kill the BioCloud idea out the window or a competitor could swoop in and destroy KNR's prospects. I'm fairly hopeful with this but everyone should check their risk tolerance before investing. Good luck.

Last edited:

Leafs1991

Nov 17, 2015
I should mention that investing in KNR is still VERY risky. Although I have my hopes up but this still could go down the drain. We still have NO sales yet. The McD deal that everyone is hyping about may never happen. Some black swan new tech may just pop up and kill the BioCloud idea out the winder or a competitor could swoop in and destroy KNR's prospects. I'm fairly hopeful with this but everyone should check their risk tolerance before investing. Good luck.
Good points. Sounds good. I'm also reconsidering buying back into Hive tomorrow if it dips below 0.85. Hopefully Ethereum doesn't bounce back too much tonight

Reactions: ZDH

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012

They have 35 million shares outstanding. Currently valued at around 100m...IF they were to fill the apparent 20k/month production capacity @ $10k/unit that would be sales of 200 million in one month. So just baseline sales would double the price, but apparently similar stocks have been priced at 5x current sales, so would make it a 1b valuation that would be around a 30 dollar stock. The CEO paul ghezzi has said they hope to be a midcap company which are typically 2 billion-10 billion companies.

It's a pretty big IF on sales though, as no one seems to have any info yet. Although, that they are just now testing the commercial units publicly means that production is probably just getting underway now.

One other note: the CEO paul (who only ever retweets things) has never made a personal tweet before (he doesn't seem like much of a hype man) and today posted his first 2 personal tweets ever. They were thanking everyone he has been working for In what seemed like a celebration tweet he said essentially "thanks for all the hard work everyone...good things come to those who work hard and wait" ...

One other thing, is that company insiders own huge shares in the company, like close to 35% and not one of them unloaded any shares...not even when it was over 5 bucks.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Well, supposedly another 3-4 McD's sites (all in London I think) were testing it out.
As far as I know, KNR did target schools first (and ignored the private sector) but realized there was too much red-tape to get through so changed gears towards the private sector (i.e. McD's etc.). Hopefully, as a parent with a kid going to school, they would continue to try to push a deal to get this into schools (Toronto specifically ;) ).
KNR is supposed to release their earnings call soon (today? Monday? can't remember). So would be nice if they had a surprise contract announcement as well. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Monday afternoon

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
original_259612201.png

Didn't know this. (If it's even true, just saw it on the internet today)

BreadManPanarin

Mar 15, 2017
Just took out a $20k personal loan at 3.99% interest to buy 40 more TSLA shares tomorrow in my brokerage acct. Only 36 of my 281 shares are currently in my brokerage acct, the rest are in roth/traditional IRAs. Gotta make some more money that I can use before retirement lol.

This probably sounds reckless or even stupid to some people, but I believe that the yield on those shares over the next 3 years will kick the crap out of 4% annualized. Hell, it may only take a week to cover the interest of the whole loan period. I predict that by 2030 that $20k will be worth around $100-200k.

*obligatory “don’t try this at home” statement

Last edited:

CRAZY_FAN

Aug 26, 2002
Quebec
Just took out a $20k personal loan at 3.99% interest to buy 40 more TSLA shares tomorrow in my brokerage acct. Only 36 of my 281 shares are currently in my brokerage acct, the rest are in roth/traditional IRAs. Gotta make some more money that I can use before retirement lol.

This probably sounds reckless or even stupid to some people, but I believe that the yield on those shares over the next 3 years will kick the crap out of 4% annualized. Hell, it may only take a week to cover the interest of the whole loan period. I predict that by 2030 that $20k will be worth around $100-200k.

With a loan at 6% and less the odds of making money is better then the odds of loosing money in my opinion. So 4% is really good.

There is good debt and there is bad debt. If you took a 20k loan to buy something that will loose value, then that would be bad debt. In this case you took a loan in order to make money out of that loan so to me this is good debt. Is there risk? yes sure, but it is a good calculated risk in my opinion. Of course I would not go all in on TSLA (or any stock for that matter) but to each their own I guess!

Last edited:

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018

3.99% is pretty cheap. Still, it is a risk.

Reactions: BreadManPanarin

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019

Not my choice but I sure do get it. May sell off some of my meh stock holdings for more tsla and shop. We'll see how frisky I feel.

Reactions: BreadManPanarin

SlpLessInMuskoka18

Aug 13, 2018
Sorry I got some folks into knr a bit early. I didn't expect such a successful short attack.

I've been banned here or else I would've kept you up to date.

Ha i can post now!

Accumulated over 47,000 since i entered protecting the baseline.

I did personally send a friend to confirm that mcdonalds leak. No news on orders just rumors on my end. Also I was privy to that private conference call. All the promo vids and website info ect is under my user tandem on ceo if you need more updates

Last edited:
Reactions: StarDucks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->