What stocks are you buying now? Part 20

Status
Not open for further replies.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Oh f*** me. Held AAPL. Cashed more money into my account and bought 20 more shares of SQ, bringing my total to 25.

This is how I'm gonna go broke. :laugh:

Mike8

Jun 24, 2002
Visit site
Yeah, today's been really nice to me. Made a bunch of dip buys in PLTR, WORK and MRVL a few weeks ago and the first two have worked out in absurd fashion. At this point, I've trimmed PLTR to half of the stake I originally built and right now it is a retail options toy - this is going to come back down 40-50% at some point. The majority of this stock buying is dealers hedging their call sales. Hopefully those dudes on Reddit bidding up the stock will exit fast enough, haha.

For what it's worth, I'm not sure that Slack will sell here. Their opportunity is massive and the buyout price might have to be at quite a premium to get them to agree. At minimum $45 buyout price, I think.

Agreed. I don't see it selling at anything less than $45, and likely a bit more.

Sep 18, 2009
Anybody buy the TSLA dip today? -2% might be the biggest one we see for the next few weeks... already bounced back to almost +2%.

I feel bad for anyone who looks at a $500B valuation and says "that's ridiculous for a car company. They can never grow from here." The lack of imagination and understanding expressed in that statement is astounding.

Elon Musk said it best himself, "Tesla should really be thought of as roughly a dozen technology startups, many of which have little to no correlation with traditional automotive companies.”

In my mind, Tesla is a handful of startups including CNC Manufacturing, Robotics, Product Development, Software Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, Autonomy, Chip Design, Battery Innovation, Solar Panel, Insurance, and Infrastructure (supercharger network) startups which are all loosely connected within one parent company/incubator that makes amazing cars so they can pay the bills. What is more exciting than that? :D
What if something happens to Elon?

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Am I alone in feeling like we're just teetering on the edge of massive closures?

I feel like gyms are about to get axed again, and PTON's gonna explode.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Am I alone in feeling like we're just teetering on the edge of massive closures?

I feel like gyms are about to get axed again, and PTON's gonna explode.

Some locations most certainly but others aren’t showing any signs of doing much. PTON could certainly see another surge soon.

Viggo Mortensen

Gandalf the Grey
Dec 14, 2008
Gondor
I don't usually buy into meme stocks but I had a bit of money I wanted to play with so I bought PLTR at $15 a couple of weeks ago, and SPCE. Theyre both up nicely to say the least. Im up 80% on PLTR. This market is just stupid. Tough to get a good read on it.

Reactions: CreamOfTheCrop

BreadManPanarin

Mar 15, 2017
What if something happens to Elon?

If something happened to Elon a year ago, I'd say it could potentially ruin the company.

At this point, I think it would probably slow innovation and give the stock price a nice wallop, but I think that he has put the plan in motion well enough that they would still be an extremely valuable company going forward.

A compelling next-level question is: "what would happen to Elon's stock?" He said that he will be the last one to cash out, but who knows if his heirs would feel the same.

BreadManPanarin

Mar 15, 2017
Wondering the same, considering I just bought into the crypto FOMO...

Probably a combination of the fund running a bit ahead of the actual BTC price (by a few percent) and the fact that investors want to risk off since the market is closed 3.5 out of next 4 days and BTC will keep trading during that time. It is a little bit annoying but not something to be worried about, I don't think.

CRAZY_FAN

Aug 26, 2002
Quebec
LCA moving up after hours!

At this point the merger is pretty much a sure thing now that the approval by the NJ board is done. Also 2 new states (Illinois and West Virginia), GNOG is already profitable (I expect close to 150M in revenue next year). They were expecting revenues from new states only in 2025, now I think this will happen way sooner then expected.

It is still a spac, so yes there is risk, but it is now a calculated risk. I can see this moving to $30+ very soon imo.

YLC

May 6, 2010
Darn...I didn't listen and missed out on a lot of profit. I'm up $20k in 8 months from a $73k book cost but I could've easily doubled or even more if i listened sooner:(

Last edited:

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
If something happened to Elon a year ago, I'd say it could potentially ruin the company.

At this point, I think it would probably slow innovation and give the stock price a nice wallop, but I think that he has put the plan in motion well enough that they would still be an extremely valuable company going forward.

A compelling next-level question is: "what would happen to Elon's stock?" He said that he will be the last one to cash out, but who knows if his heirs would feel the same.

Apple has been garbage since Steve Jobs died (Outside marketing and integration) and they still go up.

Granted, Apple was a lot more established than Tesla is.

Leafs1991

Nov 17, 2015

Again, I'm not doing short term plays. But if anyone is... this just launched from +25% to +58% in the past 2 minutes.

Edit: +72%

Lol, I just finished work and it came crashing right back down. I'll think about buying tomorrow. I got $600 to put back into the market, not sure what to do with it yet.

YLC

May 6, 2010
Didn't pay attention to TSLA until 2 months ago. Also didn't read up on SQ and follow this forum earlier.

BreadManPanarin

Mar 15, 2017
Have a Happy Thanksgiving, or whatever it is you Canadians do while we’re off work eating turkey. Hopefully we’ll see TSLA at $580 on Friday and $600+ next week. :nod:

Reactions: YLC and al secord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->