OT: What show should I watch next?

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
I finally started Watchmen after a lot of resistance. I didn't like Damon Linedlof because Star Trek: Into Darkness was a disgrace and Cowboys and Aliens was one of the most boring movies I've ever seen. Plus Alan Moore isn't involved so I immediately wrote it off. However, I made a "covid free time" promise to a close friend on the other part of the country and.....

Wow it's great. Definitely it's own thing but I like the direction it went and being true to the comics (The Squid etc).

Reactions: Praetorian Caps

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Just blew through "Dave" on Hulu. I didn't know anything about Lil Dicky or have any expectations for the show but I have to say it was very enjoyable. Multiple laugh out loud moments every episode. I feel like it's way better and funnier than it had any business being. So anyone who needs a light hearted comedy to watch, I would definitely recommend it.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Finishing up Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell. It was okay. Beautifully shot and the effects are very well done. Felt some characters could have been written better.

Desdichado93

Jan 7, 2012
Sweden
I just finished watching season 1 and 2 of Babylon Berlin. Very good (except for some really questionable scenes). Now just started watching Deutschland 83.
Weissensee is another good German tv-series but it might be hard to find on streaming services.

Deleted member 23124

If I had had a son instead of two daughters, I would have named him Raylan...lol

I’ve said on other occasions, that IMO Justified is the greatest TV series in history that most people have either not watched or never even heard about either/or.

Just thinking about characters like a Boyd Crowder, Dickie Bennett, Wynn Duffy, Mags Bennett, Raylans Dad Arlo Givens and how great and at times funny they were, makes me want to give Justified another ride while we still are in lockdown...hmmm what to do what to do.
I sent you a PM with a question about Peaky.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Have Netflix? Who the F doesn’t....

Watch “The Wrong Missy” laughed my ass off!

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
The Last Dance was awesome. Some of Jordans records and achievements might be broken, but there wasn’t a better basketball player or more competitive athlete imo. Ever.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
I guess I'm a little late to the game with the Sandler movie "Uncut Gems" but I watched it last night and frankly I don't know how I feel about it. On one hand, it was pretty good, the ending was a bit surprising and if your of the Jewish faith, you probably could get alot more of the shit that was going on.

And on the other hand, I dunno, I guess I thought Sandler over did it. Was not very impressed with his performance in a non comedic role. On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the best, I'd probably give it a 7 which is pretty dissapointing seeing all the reviews and Rotten Tomatos had it getting rave reviews.

Wondering what the thoughts are of some of y'all who also saw it. Am I being overly harsh or what?

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
finished the entire 1st season of Hunters on prime just now.Fanf***ingtastic.Cant wait for season 2.Wonderful cast led by Pacino.Loved the ending of season 1!

Reactions: Maximus

motopanekeku

abnormally high
Aug 23, 2009
I guess I'm a little late to the game with the Sandler movie "Uncut Gems" but I watched it last night and frankly I don't know how I feel about it. On one hand, it was pretty good, the ending was a bit surprising and if your of the Jewish faith, you probably could get alot more of the shit that was going on.

And on the other hand, I dunno, I guess I thought Sandler over did it. Was not very impressed with his performance in a non comedic role. On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the best, I'd probably give it a 7 which is pretty dissapointing seeing all the reviews and Rotten Tomatos had it getting rave reviews.

Wondering what the thoughts are of some of y'all who also saw it. Am I being overly harsh or what?
I thought it was dope all the way through. Did not expect nor was I surprised by the ending. Very effective. Sandler can be a very good actor as is the case here and in Punch Drunk Love. Not a great actor, you'll probably never get a 10/10 performance out of him ever. But come on. It's Adam Sandler and it's a dope movie.

Edit: not a Jew

Reactions: Maximus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad