What should the Jets do to counter Nashville's use of the Neutral Zone Trap?

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Nothing is easy at this level ;) a flip dump into the corner isn't too hard to execute. What the Jets need is a set play where they attack the zone with speed when the puck is out of reach for Rinne. It's a quite small adjustment to the play where they rimg it around the boards, really.

I'm more a fan of the strong side fake, weak side catapult. We did it twice towards the end of last game and it worked perfectly. If they start keying in on the catapult you just pretend to do the drop and they bite on it and you skate into the zone clean or with a pass.

Reactions: Scheifelaine

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
D should softly lob it into their zone. Can't shoot around because Rinne will play it.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
I'm more a fan of the strong side fake, weak side catapult. We did it twice towards the end of last game and it worked perfectly. If they start keying in on the catapult you just pretend to do the drop and they bite on it and you skate into the zone clean or with a pass.
Yeah, this. I thought a couple times their support on the weak side was late last game, but this definitely hat they need to do. The secondary support needs to be ready though.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Yeah, this. I thought a couple times their support on the weak side was late last game, but this definitely hat they need to do. The secondary support needs to be ready though.

Of course we can always jut give Laine the puck and let him superman it up the ice like he did late in the 3rd. That was a herculean rush. Where the hell is that all the time?

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
Of course we can always jut give Laine the puck and let him superman it up the ice like he did late in the 3rd. That was a herculean rush. Where the hell is that all the time?
Yeah, I was at that game and distinctly thought to myself, why don't we see more of that? He really does have the ability to take over games on his own. Just needs to learn when to pick his spots, it doesn't always present itself.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Yeah, I was at that game and distinctly thought to myself, why don't we see more of that? He really does have the ability to take over games on his own. Just needs to learn when to pick his spots, it doesn't always present itself.

It seemed like he just wanted to will them to victory but to little to late. We need that all game. Some don't get my frsutration with Laine. It's because I know he is capable of doing that ALL THE TIME. But we only see glimpses. Maybe he doesn't have a green light, or the confidence but man if he ever gets either of those he will be unstoppable.

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
It seemed like he just wanted to will them to victory but to little to late. We need that all game. Some don't get my frsutration with Laine. It's because I know he is capable of doing that ALL THE TIME. But we only see glimpses. Maybe he doesn't have a green light, or the confidence but man if he ever gets either of those he will be unstoppable.

Him trying to will them to win might be what excites me most about him. He's a competior , combined with his skill, that's a scary combination.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Him trying to will them to win might be what excites me most about him. He's a competior , combined with his skill, that's a scary combination.

Yeah and he hasn't even scratched the surface of what he is capable of. Probably won't for another 2 years or so. Most franchise forwards peak around 22 and have a very long prime, plateau at about 30-32 and tend to stay there for a long time. Especially those with elite shots as shooting tends to be one of the last things that go. I'd imagine we won't see his shooting ability peak until about 25-27.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad