Proposal: What Should the Bruins do this Summer ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

don

Aug 31, 2002
Nashua, NH
If Brodin is the target and you get him, then Krug should be traded for the forward you need.
PS most of the posters here has the 5.25 million powerplay special on the 3rd pairing.

:handclap: Most here won't see it but I agree. It's mainly the money for me, 5.25 for a 3rd pairing guy. We are deep enough in young, cheap LDs. And who else do you use to get that forward we need. Scraps aren't going to do it.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
:handclap: Most here won't see it but I agree. It's mainly the money for me, 5.25 for a 3rd pairing guy. We are deep enough in young, cheap LDs. And who else do you use to get that forward we need. Scraps aren't going to do it.

Most won't agree for good reason. The other thing with trading Krug is who's running the PP? Are we hoping the McAvoy can take that over in his first season? Not to mention you are only paying your first pairing LD 4 mil, Brodin 4.1 mil and two rookies under 1 million.

It's pretty pointless to worry about Krug getting 5.25 million when our entire D makes roughly 16 million dollars.

Last edited:

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Probably cost-prohibitive as there'll be a lot of interest out the more I think about it the more I think Duchene would be a great addition - as it would solidify the forwards for the foreseeable future. Possibly if the Avs are looking for picks and prospects...

Marchand - Bergeron - x
x - Krejci - Pastrnak
x - Duchene - Backes
x - (Moore?) - Nash

and be able to adjust in-game if needed and move him to wing if you need to shorten the bench and run
Marchand - Bergeron - Backes
Duchene - Krejci - Pastrnak

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Probably cost-prohibitive as there'll be a lot of interest out the more I think about it the more I think Duchene would be a great addition - as it would solidify the forwards for the foreseeable future. Possibly if the Avs are looking for picks and prospects...

Marchand - Bergeron - x
x - Krejci - Pastrnak
x - Duchene - Backes
x - (Moore?) - Nash

and be able to adjust in-game if needed and move him to wing if you need to shorten the bench and run
Marchand - Bergeron - Backes
Duchene - Krejci - Pastrnak

I don't know if this is cost prohibitive if you move out Belesky and Hayes. The problem is those empty spots have to be filled by low money contracts. DeBrusk should be ready for a 4th line roll, not sure if he is a top 6 forward. Heinen may be ready for a spot as well, Bjork, Senyshyn, JFK all look to need seasoning in the AHL for a year. Before the Bjork bandwagon rolls over me I offer Vesey as a comparable, he may be a good player and have stretches of good play but I would not count on him to be an impact player as a rookie. You could fill those bottom two LW spots with some toughness that should be available before the expansion draft. Austin Watson and Matt Martin would fit those rolls nicely. But you still have two big holes in our top six before you shorten your bench. I have faith in Cassidy's willingness to make in game adjustments (my biggest issue with Claude was his inability/unwillingness to do so) but you still need a little bit of balance.

It's an interesting idea, I think Duschense, much like Landeskog, getting away from the Avalanche dumpster fire would put him back on track to be a top tier player, Boston has good coaching and support and could easily be the right fit to help turn his game around.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008

Krug will be surpassing Chara on the depth chart very soon. Regardless of if he deserves the spot or not, he will be the defacto top LD on this roster as currently constructed.

Acquiring a Brodin, gives us leeway when the eventual handover of Chara to the next happens.

I'm all for getting a better defenseman, but we'll still need 2 in our top 4. And Chara probably won't (EDIT: shouldn't) be in it about 13 months.

Last edited:

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
I don't know if this is cost prohibitive if you move out Belesky and Hayes. The problem is those empty spots have to be filled by low money contracts. DeBrusk should be ready for a 4th line roll, not sure if he is a top 6 forward. Heinen may be ready for a spot as well, Bjork, Senyshyn, JFK all look to need seasoning in the AHL for a year. Before the Bjork bandwagon rolls over me I offer Vesey as a comparable, he may be a good player and have stretches of good play but I would not count on him to be an impact player as a rookie. You could fill those bottom two LW spots with some toughness that should be available before the expansion draft. Austin Watson and Matt Martin would fit those rolls nicely. But you still have two big holes in our top six before you shorten your bench. I have faith in Cassidy's willingness to make in game adjustments (my biggest issue with Claude was his inability/unwillingness to do so) but you still need a little bit of balance.

It's an interesting idea, I think Duschense, much like Landeskog, getting away from the Avalanche dumpster fire would put him back on track to be a top tier player, Boston has good coaching and support and could easily be the right fit to help turn his game around.

Agreed. If you see my posts in here and the line-combos thread, you'll see I'm one who errs on the side of caution with pencilling in kids.
Acciari or Kuraly on the 4th line is fine.
Vatrano (if not used in trade for Duch) probably takes one of the other three spots.
I'd find out what Stafford is looking for. What Spooner gets (but want him moved)
At worst case Nash could probably handle 3rd line with Duchene while the kids season for a bit longer.
Look into offering some PTOs to give the team some insurance in case none of the kids are ready.

Really curious what kind of return Sakic gets for either/both Landeskog and Duchene. Whether he just looks for a young impact d-man or goes for multiple pieces. I'd go quantity if I was him but... ? what do I know.
I'd be on board with Boston giving up 2 1st rounders and 2 prospects or something like that for him.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

Why don't you name me all these young, cheap LD's that are proven and can step in?

Morrow?

Third pair? MAYBE?

I like the B's D prospects (O'Gara, Lauzon, Zboril, Lindgren), but there is literally nobody that's a proven enough commodity to be a 3rd pair LD, let alone replace Krug's contributions, particularly on the PP. Brodin is not going to give you that, and Chara has two years left max, so trading Krug just produces another hole to fill.

But you just keep advocating trading him.

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
Phil Kessel was acquired for a laughable price. Anything can happen with a team wanting to rebuild. Guess what we have? A ******** of promising prospects!

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
If we can get rid of Beleskey and Hayes without retaining any salary I will consider that a good off season. I do like the idea of Duchene with the Bruins though, much more than Landeskog. Duchene reminds me so much of Marc Savard, a little on the smaller side, but great face off guy, good speed and can score. Put him on the Bruins and I think he excels.

Lord Ahriman

Oct 21, 2009
Why don't you name me all these young, cheap LD's that are proven and can step in?

Morrow?

Third pair? MAYBE?

I like the B's D prospects (O'Gara, Lauzon, Zboril, Lindgren), but there is literally nobody that's a proven enough commodity to be a 3rd pair LD, let alone replace Krug's contributions, particularly on the PP. Brodin is not going to give you that, and Chara has two years left max, so trading Krug just produces another hole to fill.

But you just keep advocating trading him.

Stop wasting your time, guy is just a hater and the true fact is: Krug is a top 4 and a leader on this team.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I wouldn't trade Krug for Brodin. What's the obsession with his contract? Are we up against the cap and unable to sign anyone?

Krug chances being traded are zero

Anyways Lou where you put Landeskog on Krejci left or third line

don

Aug 31, 2002
Nashua, NH
Most won't agree for good reason. The other thing with trading Krug is who's running the PP? Are we hoping the McAvoy can take that over in his first season? Not to mention you are only paying your first pairing LD 4 mil, Brodin 4.1 mil and two rookies under 1 million.

It's pretty pointless to worry about Krug getting 5.25 million when our entire D makes roughly 16 million dollars.

Sorry but IMO Krug isn't that good at running the PP and yes McAvoy, IMO, does a better job. Also the D would be over 17 Mil. The big thing that I think everyone is missing id the word "IF" in the proposal.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Sorry but IMO Krug isn't that good at running the PP and yes McAvoy, IMO, does a better job. Also the D would be over 17 Mil. The big thing that I think everyone is missing id the word "IF" in the proposal.

Actually Krug is very good at running the PP, he's the main reason our PP has been very good the last 2 years.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Stop wasting your time, guy is just a hater and the true fact is: Krug is a top 4 and a leader on this team.

Sorry I don't see it. Not saying he is not a gifted offensive defense. But please don't put in the top four. I just don't think in a playoff run defensively he holds up.
Again just my opinion

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

Your opinion on Krug doesn't carry a lot of weight around here.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO

I'm not even sure what to tell you?

25 points this past year on the powerplay, 19, 14, 19 the 3 years before that. The only guys with numbers like these are elite players like Hedman, Burns, Karlsson etc. Oh and Shattenkirk.

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
Sorry I don't see it. Not saying he is not a gifted offensive defense. But please don't put in the top four. I just don't think in a playoff run defensively he holds up.
Again just my opinion

Last time Bruins escaped the first round of playoffs without Krug was in 2011. If anyone watched the Ottawa series and thought to themselves "boy we sure look better without Krug and aren't missing his ability to move the puck" I want to know what they were drinking.

BruinsPortugal

Dec 3, 2009
Portugal
Don't know where this Brodin talk came up but I would be stocked.

Brodin, Krug, Carlo, Mcavoy, Chara, k miller has to be one of the best defenses in the league, if not now, in a year.

Also , We don't know what's gonna happen with Chara and we don't know how Carlo/Mcavoy Will progress, finding Chara's heir sooner rather than later should be priority #1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad