What should I do?

drewandy98

Apr 16, 2019
i got an offer to go and play div 2 Sweden for Odey IK but I also got a bunch of offers to go play ncaa div 3 and ACHA club div 1 also CIS hockey. But I don’t know what i should do?
I was supposed to play div 1 hockey but wasn’t eligible for ncaa cause I was missing a few classes.
What should I do?

KKWG11

Nov 25, 2017
Without taking money into consideration and international student fees.... 100% go Usports.... As cool as it would be to go to Sweden its on div2 and they have import player rules...a couple bad games to start the season you could be traded or released with no option to go to afterwards... Play a couple seasons of usports get your education and go from there

Barclay Donaldson

Feb 4, 2018
Tatooine
Go play in college. You're not going to make any money in Div 2 and if you go up to Div 1 you barely earn any more. Your place on the team will be shaky enough if you're an import, go get an education at a school you like and pro hockey will still be an option when you graduate.

Reactions: Drummer

FreddyFoyle

Mar 12, 2008
Fredericton, NB
i got an offer to go and play div 2 Sweden for Odey IK but I also got a bunch of offers to go play ncaa div 3 and ACHA club div 1 also CIS hockey. But I don’t know what i should do?
I was supposed to play div 1 hockey but wasn’t eligible for ncaa cause I was missing a few classes.
What should I do?
U Sports (CIS) hockey is higher level than NCAA D3 or ACHA, so it you want to improve your game and get a degree, that would be the better option.

Drummer

Better Red than Dead
Mar 20, 2009
Freddy Beach, NB
www.vredshockey.com
There is a hefty penalty for playing pro in Europe when it comes to playing in USPORTS later on - regardless of the level you play in Europe. The USPORTS team you're interested in can explain the eligibility impacts with more insight.

Same goes for Div 3 and ACHA - each program can outline the tuition & program costs. If you're Canadian, playing in the US may not be the way to go as these two leagues have limit or no Athletic Awards.

The main goal should be finding the academic program you're interested in - then working Hockey into that second.

Playing in Europe may sound exotic, but if they are making offers now - they'll likely be similar offers in 4 years.

My $0.02 worth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad