What should HF Seattle look like?

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Since the announcement I received some private messages asking questions about how HF Seattle will work.

Since we've got a while to hang out together prior to the expansion draft, new Key Arena construction getting underway, and ultimately hockey, we should discuss how we're like HF Seattle to look until the expansion draft comes.

As that day appraches, the board will start to morph into a "normal" team board, so this isn't a decision that has to last forever and we can always change it as things change and the HF Seattle group grows and develops its own character. However, I would definitely like some input on how you all want the board to develop now.

The way I see it, we have two options:

Option 1: Have threads for specific topics and encourage all discussion on that topic to take place in a that thread. A construction thread, a team name thread, a team color thread, etc.. This option allows all similar topics to be contained in a single thread per topic and some more important threads may get "stickied." (Current examples: Team name thread, AHL affiliate thread, news thread.)

Option 2: Have individual threads for individual topics/ideas. A Sockeyes thread, a Ken Holland thread, etc.. This will allow individual team names, expansion draft simulations, logo designs, etc. to have their own thread and discussion. (Current examples: Indigenous Art in the logo thread, the Welcome from XXX threads.)

This is a decision for HF Seattle posters, so I'm starting this thread as a poll. Please feel free to discuss this decision in this thread prior to voting and. If you'd like, I'm happy to add some of the more arguments for either option to this OP.

This is not something that needs to be rushed, but it would be nice for Seattle folks to have input on how their board is organized since you'll be spending so much time here.

The poll will close in 10 days and responses are private so nobody will see how you voted.

Last edited:
Reactions: SundayNiteBlackout

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
You guys have spoken, and it wasn't even close.

We'll have stickied "megathreads" for the most popular topics of discussion and we'll make an effort to keep everything organized by merging new threads into those as time goes on.

Thanks for participating.

Reactions: LeafChief

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad