What should Chevy do at the deadline?

phamJET

Feb 1, 2010
the jets need to add scoring depth, they will need it for the playoffs and future years.

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
Well, right now, I'm feeling like it really doesn't matter what they do if they don't win the division because with Morrow, Murray and now Iginla, I sure won't be watching if they end up drawing the Penguins in the 1st round. That would be one hell of an ugly a$$ whooping the Jets would be taking.:shakehead

Winning the division becomes that much more important now. Honestly can't see anyone in the East beating the Penguins now unless the Bruins land Clowe and Boyle or something like that.

After the JETS are out, Chicago is now my team for the Cup.:yo:

PaperRockChamp

Oct 19, 2009
Wpg
Well, right now, I'm feeling like it really doesn't matter what they do if they don't win the division because with Morrow, Murray and now Iginla, I sure won't be watching if they end up drawing the Penguins in the 1st round. That would be one hell of an ugly a$$ whooping the Jets would be taking.:shakehead

Winning the division becomes that much more important now. Honestly can't see anyone in the East beating the Penguins now unless the Bruins land Clowe and Boyle or something like that.

After the JETS are out, Chicago is now my team for the Cup.:yo:

This is extreme.

GodTukka*

offer two garbage prospects to Jay Feaster for Bouwmeester

Apparently that's all it takes

Repoman

Jun 21, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
I still think we have to trade Antro and Ron unless we can resign then for a few years at a significant reduction to their current salaries. Looking what Pittsburgh has done and a few other teams in the east, I really don't see us making it to the cup finals (assuming we make the playoffs). On the other hand I don't see us getting all that much in return either and we are already pretty heavy on picks. I think ideally I would like to see us sign both to smart 2 year deals that will still allow us to be active on the FA market.

untouchable21

Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
I've always had a soft spot in my heart for the Pens. After being awful for so long...it's like a constant underdog story lol.

Except they're no longer underdogs and haven't been for awhile.

I absolutely LOATHE that team other than Malkin. Hope they CHOKE big time in the playoffs, but I'm not counting on it.

Yeah, apparently if you deal with Feaster, you can get something for nothing. Stempniak shouldn't cost more than a 5th

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
Except they're no longer underdogs and haven't been for awhile.

I absolutely LOATHE that team other than Malkin. Hope they CHOKE big time in the playoffs, but I'm not counting on it.

Yeah, apparently if you deal with Feaster, you can get something for nothing. Stempniak shouldn't cost more than a 5th

I know that...but they just sucked for SO long. They had like a 17game losing streak. I dunno, O find it hard to not root for them against The other Yankee teams lol

untouchable21

Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
I still think we have to trade Antro and Ron unless we can resign then for a few years at a significant reduction to their current salaries. Looking what Pittsburgh has done and a few other teams in the east, I really don't see us making it to the cup finals (assuming we make the playoffs). On the other hand I don't see us getting all that much in return either and we are already pretty heavy on picks. I think ideally I would like to see us sign both to smart 2 year deals that will still allow us to be active on the FA market.

Doubtful that either takes a two year deal. 3 is probably the minimum and Hainsey I'm sure will be looking for more term.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg

I posted this in another thread but think it should go here:

I just have this feeling that Chevy will either offer Hainsey a contract ASAP, or send him Boston for a first rounder. He will not let him go for nothing even if we are in 3rd. I would like to keep Hainsey but you could argue that we are sitting in 3rd and we got there with Enstrom and Bogo missing lots of time and Buff missing some. Our depth guys must be doing something right so he may think losing Hainsey is not the end of the world?
I also get how important it is for this club to make the playoffs now and maybe make some noise there. But if we get another first rounder that would be big. Some people are saying late first rounder may never see the NHL and that we have too many picks this year and that could be troublesome down the road. I think Chevy is smart enough to figure that out. If we get another first he may use it in a trade to acquire a top 6 RW, or after this year's draft he will have many prospects to use in the trade block. He is looking to build for a long run 3-4 years from now, which is why my gut (and it's a big one) is telling me he will trade big Ron.

PaperRockChamp

Oct 19, 2009
Wpg
Holy crap, the deadline is in SIX days!

If we deal with Boston, I kind of hope Chevy finds a way to unite Camara and Scheif

Rheged

JMFT
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
Interestingly, and perhaps luckily, if the Penguins and Jets finish 1st and 3rd in the conference respectively they wouldn't be able to meet until the conference finals :)

/Getting ahead of ourselves

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Interestingly, and perhaps luckily, if the Penguins and Jets finish 1st and 3rd in the conference respectively they wouldn't be able to meet until the conference finals :)

/Getting ahead of ourselves

that's the best news I've heard today. Seriously.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
I want to expect more

BGVGs_vCYAAq5oJ.jpg:large

phamJET

Feb 1, 2010
With the penguins loading up their roster in the east, would this cause powerhouses like chicago in the west to go after defensemen at the deadline?

would you guys be interested in:

Hainsey for bolland + draft picks?

or

Hainsey for bolland + stallberg?

It would be great if the Jets could acquire bolland and stafford at the deadline, trade hainsey for bolland and picks, trade picks for stafford.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
With the penguins loading up their roster in the east, would this cause powerhouses like chicago in the west to go after defensemen at the deadline?

would you guys be interested in:

Hainsey for bolland + draft picks?

or

Hainsey for bolland + stallberg?

It would be great if the Jets could acquire bolland and stafford at the deadline, trade hainsey for bolland and picks, trade picks for stafford.

Chicago already have enough defence, if they really wanted one I think they go after Yandle or Giordano.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
I posted this in another thread but think it should go here:

I just have this feeling that Chevy will either offer Hainsey a contract ASAP, or send him Boston for a first rounder. He will not let him go for nothing even if we are in 3rd. I would like to keep Hainsey but you could argue that we are sitting in 3rd and we got there with Enstrom and Bogo missing lots of time and Buff missing some. Our depth guys must be doing something right so he may think losing Hainsey is not the end of the world?
I also get how important it is for this club to make the playoffs now and maybe make some noise there. But if we get another first rounder that would be big. Some people are saying late first rounder may never see the NHL and that we have too many picks this year and that could be troublesome down the road. I think Chevy is smart enough to figure that out. If we get another first he may use it in a trade to acquire a top 6 RW, or after this year's draft he will have many prospects to use in the trade block. He is looking to build for a long run 3-4 years from now, which is why my gut (and it's a big one) is telling me he will trade big Ron.

If we trade Hainsey for a first round pick + that would be awesome and then get some one like Cory Sarich for a 3 round pick.

veganhunter

Mexico City Coyotes!
Feb 15, 2010
Calgary
I know that...but they just sucked for SO long. They had like a 17game losing streak. I dunno, O find it hard to not root for them against The other Yankee teams lol

This team has managed to fall @$$ backwards into Lemeuix, Jagr, Crosby, Malkin, etc. and their fans disappeared in the lean years. I find it very hard to find anything but hate for the Penguins. I especially dislike the Penguins "fans" from other NHL cities that claim they have watched the Pens forever, even though they couldn't name 3 players other than Lemeuix or Jagr on the Pens before 2005.

Last edited:

ajmidd12

Know-It-All
Apr 16, 2012
This Planet
Whats with the antro hate? I like the guy, besides his lack of speed of course. He's tough in the corners, his reach is helpful in the defensive zone, and he scores garbage goals (someone has too) when he's with Kane.

Hainsey we do need to dump.... NOW!

Snot Rocket

HF anti-tank squad
Feb 3, 2013
Winnipeg
I think I heard Lawless mention something about the asking price for Hainsey is a first...but I was already half asleep and the sound of his voice lulled me into a near comatose state as he dithered on for 5 monotone minutes until I heard "asking price" "Hainsey" and a "first".....

FWIW, sometimes the guy is in the know, other times he sharts in his pants and performs prognostications from the splatter pattern..."A Lawless Tea Leaf Reading".

Aries56

Jan 10, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
I think I heard Lawless mention something about the asking price for Hainsey is a first...but I was already half asleep and the sound of his voice lulled me into a near comatose state as he dithered on for 5 monotone minutes until I heard "asking price" "Hainsey" and a "first".....

FWIW, sometimes the guy is in the know, other times he sharts in his pants and performs prognostications from the splatter pattern..."A Lawless Tea Leaf Reading".

Yeah, I caught that too, between his heavy breathing. Think he worked up a sweat eating cheeseburgers before the interview. He said with the Jets leading the division, Hainsey's price has jumped and he probably wouldn't get moved for anything less than a first.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->