"What 's gone and what's past help should be past grief" Habs lose 5-2

habalifeok

Oct 28, 2013
Was at the Habs-Jets game tonite. I swear half the jerseys in the stands were Red.
My son kept mentioning that Habs iced puck a lot . We noticed the Jets cleared zone by flipping puck high to centre ice area where they could try and beat stationary Habs defensemen as they waited for the puck to come back down.
I now see why Bergevin tried to unload Eller and Emelin.
If I had a choice of two Jets players easily Ladd and Byfuglin . Ladd is a miserable player to play against.
Montreal had many feeble clearing attempts sad to watch especially so called first line.
Desharnais tries but thats all I can say.
As far as the D goes Beaulieu is ok,Patteryn as well. Markov very savvy and Subban surprised me as it seems like he didnt care in the latter part of the game. As far as Petry is concerned I would look at other options.
Stands were chanting Carey but I think they were mocking Tokarski.

bruno2000*

vbiDYXj.jpg

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Pinniweg made good trades, particulatly with Buffalo. The deals made by the Habs at the deadline weren't nearly as good.

bruno2000*

you.......you.........YOU..........commit treason.......on your first post?!?!?!?!111111

Haha yes I did! Saw it on the Jets boards and smiled, I love it when rivals pay homage to our best players, it almost makes me proud. I PVR'd the game but decided not to watch it after accidentaly finding out what the final score was...

Who were the best and worst players tonight for the Habs ?

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Pinniweg made good trades, particulatly with Buffalo. The deals made by the Habs at the deadline weren't nearly as good.

DT after two period had allowed one goal every 3.25 shots. That's 4 goals in 13 shots.
Maybe one or two he couldn't do much, although I'd argue about rebound control, positioning, and speed (he's weak at all three of those), but others just went through him. That's just terrible.

Nynja*

Possibly the only time I agreed with everything MT said. Whoah.

Sad thing is:
They played great against Nash, lost
They played great against the Jets, lost

you KNOW Therrien's got that BlendTec workin overtime right now

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
Haha yes I did! Saw it on the Jets boards and smiled, I love it when rivals pay homage to our best players, it almost makes me proud. I PVR'd the game but decided not to watch it after accidentaly finding out what the final score was...

Who were the best and worst players tonight for the Habs ?

:laugh: yea i thought it was funny too but it does hurt just to see that

kassian

Sep 27, 2010
Montreal
What a boring game. I honestly would have had more fun watching paint dry.

Last exciting game was the one against the Blackhawks, a year and a half back (the one that went to OT, I think). I'm serious. Ok Maybe there have been 1 or 2 decent games this year. The rest were all snoozefests with a scoreboard resemebling that of most soccer/football games.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Last exciting game was the one against the Blackhawks, a year and a half back (the one that went to OT, I think). I'm serious. Ok Maybe there have been 1 or 2 decent games this year. The rest were all snoozefests with a scoreboard resemebling that of most soccer/football games.

We are the 'New' New Jersey Devils

Rely on Price (Brodeur), Markov (Stevens), PK (Niedermayer) and Pacs (revolving door Jersey sniper - Lemieux, Arnott, Langenbrunner...)

And if it brings us some Cups like them doubt too many fans will complain

But yeah, dammit I have to cheat and watch other teams sometimes for more exciting hockey

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares

Rely on Price (Brodeur), Markov (Stevens), PK (Niedermayer) and Pacs (revolving door Jersey sniper - Lemieux, Arnott, Langenbrunner...)

But yeah, dammit I have to cheat and watch other teams sometimes for more exciting hockey

The Devils were a bigger tougher team than most of our roster.

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012

I can't think of a single season going by memory where Brodeur was top 5 or even top 10 in SV%, the team made Brodeur as much as Brodeur made the team.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Brodeur was much more protected than Price will ever be. Many of the devils wins came with18-20 shots against. No comparison.

True on the shots against but same low scoring systems as Jersey played that resulted in boring hockey - our games are exciting for the other team getting chances

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
What a boring game. I honestly would have had more fun watching paint dry.
I don't know what you look for in a hockey game, because it was excellent watching the Habs last night. The boys worked hard, created chances, and ran into a hot goalie.

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
Tokarski was bad, plain and simple. I thought Montreal was the better team most of the game but they couldn't catch a break with how poorly Tokarski was playing. A better backup will certainly be one of Bergevin's priorities in the offseason.

Davebo*

It was amusing to see andrew ladd in his role as Turtle last night. Don't act like a tough guy if you're not going to back it up, andy...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad