"What 's gone and what's past help should be past grief" Habs lose 5-2

President XD

Apr 30, 2014
At some point, whoever's in charge of the Power Play will have to tell Subban, among others, to stop trying to carry the puck from end to end. You can't have your forwards having to stop at the blue line waiting for the defenseman to carry the puck in, dump it in or pass it to a player who's standing still and can easily be checked.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Therrien's first toughts when they got on the PP is to put Desharnais' line out there:

Desharnais : 0 PP goal in his last 42 games
Pacioretty: 2 PP goal in his last 32 games
Parenteau: 0 goal in his last 25 games

Why the PP isn't working?
Best options on the bench for sure....PO is coming.

Strat

Nov 24, 2011
Toronto
Tokarski is the worst goaltender in the league. 4 goals on 12 shots.

No way this guy stays in the NHL. The Habs will have to get somebody else and quick. Sitting Price is almost a guaranteed loss, now.

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
Some worrying stat my dad told me about yesterday during the game:

Apparently, over the last 20 years, the cup winner was always amongst the top 6 teams with the best record for the last 20 reg season games. In other words, look at games 62-82, find the best 6 teams, the cup winner is almost certainly one of them.

Now there are always exceptions to stats, but this is not looking good for us.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
thing is cant hide the fact, big teams are tough to play against for the habs.

need to look up faceoffs , cause not sure....

Dannyhab

Feb 5, 2010
Tokarski was bad, plain and simple. I thought Montreal was the better team most of the game but they couldn't catch a break with how poorly Tokarski was playing.

My sentiments exactly. This HF collective freakout over DD and MT is getting very old very fast. All you guys need to calm the **** down.

I don't care if we lose games if I feel we were the better team. Like the game against Nashville I felt we outplayed them and would handle them in a playoff series. Tokarski won't play a single playoff game. I'm not worried and I'd rather the team not get too comfortable sitting at the top of the standings anyways. I don't care about the President's cup. I care about the Stanley Cup.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
My sentiments exactly. This HF collective freakout over DD and MT is getting very old very fast. All you guys need to calm the **** down.

I don't care if we lose games if I feel we were the better team. Like the game against Nashville I felt we outplayed them and would handle them in a playoff series. Tokarski won't play a single playoff game. I'm not worried and I'd rather the team not get too comfortable sitting at the top of the standings anyways. I don't care about the President's cup. I care about the Stanley Cup.

but if we lose , we don't get points or playoff advancement.

which is the wrong players are in, means coaching

VL55

Aug 12, 2010
Montreal
Some worrying stat my dad told me about yesterday during the game:

Apparently, over the last 20 years, the cup winner was always amongst the top 6 teams with the best record for the last 20 reg season games. In other words, look at games 62-82, find the best 6 teams, the cup winner is almost certainly one of them.

Now there are always exceptions to stats, but this is not looking good for us.

Too bad he stopped at 20 years. 21 or 22 years ago, the cup winner had a putrid last 20 games which carried into the first two games of the playoffs before wining 10 in a row.

What was that team, again?

;)

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
Too bad he stopped at 20 years. 21 or 22 years ago, the cup winner had a putrid last 20 games which carried into the first two games of the playoffs before wining 10 in a row.

What was that team, again?

;)

As I said, stats can be wrong and rarely predict something perfectly. Just another stat pointing out we'll need a miracle to win the cup. An exception can certainly happen once in every 20 years or so, but will we necessarily be that exception? I sure hope so :crossfing

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Then he's not a number one center potential player if he cant make it work with a guy like Pleks.

I'm sorry, but if you want to call him a truly good player, you make your teammates play better, and you finish and you produce.

Jagr could produce whether he played with Francis or he played with Hrdina and Titov.

Jagr is a top 15 player of all time.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
As I said, stats can be wrong and rarely predict something perfectly. Just another stat pointing out we'll need a miracle to win the cup. An exception can certainly happen once in every 20 years or so, but will we necessarily be that exception? I sure hope so :crossfing

The Rangers and Lightning have both been good over their last ten. And certainly I would think both are favourites along with our habs to represent the East at the Cup Finals.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Jagr is a top 15 player of all time.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

The expectations on here! Pleks doesn't produce liek Jagr! BooHoo!

Offensively, I think Pleks is a bit selfish with the puck, and he isn't very creative. But he gets pucks on net which is why he has 20 goals and 50 points this year. Which isn't half bad considering he is the 2nd wave PP and 5 on 5 center. Outpacing DD.:naughty:

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
Shall I compare thee to Carey Price's play?
Thou art much smaller and more unfocused:
Rough nerves do shake this darlings play come May,
And summer’s lease hath all too short a date:
Sometime too hot the eye of hab fans shine,
And often is his gold playoff complexion dimm’d;
And every fair from fair sometime declines,
By chance or this youth's changing course untrimm’d;
But thy post-season summer shall not fade
Nor lose possession of these wins thou owest;
Nor shall losses brag thou wander’st in his shade,
When in eternal lines to time thou never growest:
So long as fans can breathe or eyes can see,
So long as Tok' plays, he gives losses to thee.
tumblr_mpdjonMvaQ1rvvdtlo2_500.jpg

Nov 24, 2006
Jets fan coming in peace. You guys really took it to the Jets last night IMO, especially in the first period, and we're lucky that Good Pavelec has been on a hot streak. With Price in your net, and the regular Shaky Pavelec in ours, this could have been 6-1 Montreal.

Don`t get insulted by the chants, it`s just the way the fans get into the game. Subban was getting booed when he played on the Hamilton Bulldogs against the Manitoba Moose!

Good luck in the playoffs!

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Jets fan coming in peace. You guys really took it to the Jets last night IMO, especially in the first period, and we're lucky that Good Pavelec has been on a hot streak. With Price in your net, and the regular Shaky Pavelec in ours, this could have been 6-1 Montreal.

Don`t get insulted by the chants, it`s just the way the fans get into the game. Subban was getting booed when he played on the Hamilton Bulldogs against the Manitoba Moose!

Good luck in the playoffs!

i was at the game last night, and the jet fans are good fans, they did what they should do , cheer for their team...

go jets , hope they get in

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal

Exactly. Yesterday was a case of Montreal being better and getting bad goaltending. This team competed hard against Nashville and Winnipeg, two teams doing quite well this year, so I'm satisfied. Overall performance really is more important at this stage than points.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Therrien's first toughts when they got on the PP is to put Desharnais' line out there:

Desharnais : 0 PP goal in his last 42 games
Pacioretty: 2 PP goal in his last 32 games
Parenteau: 0 goal in his last 25 games

Why the PP isn't working?
Best options on the bench for sure....PO is coming.

I thought the PP looked best with Beaulieu/Petry on the back end, with Pleks and the Gallys up front. Commentators were talking about good movement on the PP when they had their shot, and generated 5 shots on one of them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad