What rules at the Memorial Cup?

no Gino

May 16, 2005
I know the WHL didn't use the rules adopted by the NHL this year while the O and Q did. Which set of rules are they using at the Memorial Cup? I would guess it would be a huge adjustment.

Corona-12

May 17, 2006
BC, Canada
expofan said:
I know the WHL didn't use the rules adopted by the NHL this year while the O and Q did. Which set of rules are they using at the Memorial Cup? I would guess it would be a huge adjustment.

The WHL did use some of the rules, they just didn't crackdown on hooking/holding penalties as much.

Kevin Forbes

Jul 29, 2002
Nova Scotia
www.kforbesy.ca
Honestly, from the games I saw, the fact that Vancouver might be unfamiliar with those rules hasn't been what's stopping them. The main penalties that I have viewed called against the Giants are undisciplined penalties such as roughing and cross checking. A lot of scrums after the whistle.
There's a few hooks, but nothing too different from the other games without the WHL team. Vancouver comes out strong and it appears they get frustrated and that frustration boils over in the penalties.
The Giants prepared for these rules during their off time by meeting with an NHL referee, viewing tapes and consulting with part-owner Pat Quinn as well as Ken Hitchcock.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->