Speculation: What realistic trade for a Defenseman is there?

Ben Matlock

Resteriged Uesr
Aug 21, 2007
Severson
Greene
Müller
Prout
Moore
Lovejoy

+Waiver-exempt guys
Santini
Butcher
Kapla
Dyblenko
etc.

It actually looks decent.

tailfins

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2005
Severson
Greene
Müller
Prout
Moore
Lovejoy

+Waiver-exempt guys
Santini
Butcher
Kapla
Dyblenko
etc.

It actually looks decent.

Seems like stretching the definition of "decent"?

Not saying the D can't be greater than the sum of its parts, but that listing of D is probably bottom 5 in the league. Right now, the top 2 are the only ones guaranteed to make the top 6 of most other teams.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND

Not saying the D can't be greater than the sum of its parts, but that listing of D is probably bottom 5 in the league. Right now, the top 2 are the only ones guaranteed to make the top 6 of most other teams.

Way to hit the brakes on the optimism train.:P

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

Plus like three guys in column B might actually be better than three guys in column A :laugh: Of course it remains to be seen how the D will all shake out and how competent they'll actually be when the games start counting.

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
At the deadline send Henrique to Calgary in some kind of deal for Rasmus Andersson who is currently blocked on that team. Then next season you have a good looking core.

Greene-Severson
Mueller-Andersson
Butcher-Santini

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
I look at teams like Carolina, Ottawa and Anaheim where there can use a 2nd line LW like Henrique could be and trade away one of there #3-4 Defenseman such as a Cody Ceci or a Sami Vatanen.

I would look for this in the 2018 off season.

Ceci is awful, but Vatanen would work for me. Makes sense, they have so much depth on D. Vatanen would be a good fit in our top 4.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad