What Prospect will Fall Lower than Expected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasper17

Apr 27, 2004
There always seems to be one guy who everyone before the draft thinks is a can't miss but for some reason falls to either the mid or late first round.

Last year it was Parise, who does everyone think it will be this year?

If I had to pick one I think it may be Olesz.

I think Olesz may fall lower than expected because there really isn't any super star talent after the first two picks. Because of this I think a lot of teams will go for a more sure thing (if there is one), or a safer pick.

You look at guys like Ladd, Stafford, Radulov, Barker, Thelan and maybe even a goaltender like Montoya could all go ahead of him.

I know Chicago will prob pick him 3rd and make me look like an idiot for calling this one, but I think Olesz may be the guy who falls lower than everyone expects.

NYR469

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
i'd be absolutely shocked if olesz falls below #6...if he is still on the board when the rangers pick, they will do cartwheels

as for the guy who could go much lower than his talent warrants, that will likely be robbie schremp

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
I really hope Olesz will fall to the Ducks but it's unlikely, I see him as this year Michalek.

The two prospects that will fall in the draft are Wolski and Schremp. I'm not that high on Picard either.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
I don't know if Olesz would slide past the Rangers. But, I can see him sliding to them. To me, that would be lower than expected.

I think 3-5 will go like this...

Chi- Barker
CBJ- Ladd
Phx- Tukonen

If Rangers want Olesz, he'll be there, I think. But, if I'm Columbus, I'd swap with the Rangers, pick up a second and pick one of Ladd, Tukonen or Thelen.

Jasper17

Apr 27, 2004
NYR469 said:
i'd be absolutely shocked if olesz falls below #6...if he is still on the board when the rangers pick, they will do cartwheels

as for the guy who could go much lower than his talent warrants, that will likely be robbie schremp

Schremp isn't going to fall lower than expected. I think everyone already knows he isn't going to go as high as his talent warrants.

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
Lisin. He is falling in the rankings and because this appears to be the consequence of bad work ethic, I can see many teams bypassing him. Maybe twice.

leafaholix*

SabresIn05 said:
O'Neill could very likely go to Buffalo at 13.
He can also go to New York at 6, Florida at 7, Carolina at 8, Anaheim at 9, Atlanta at 10, LA at 11, or Minnesota at 12.

rupispupis

Apr 26, 2004
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe said:
I don't know if Olesz would slide past the Rangers. But, I can see him sliding to them. To me, that would be lower than expected.

I think 3-5 will go like this...

Chi- Barker
CBJ- Ladd
Phx- Tukonen

If Rangers want Olesz, he'll be there, I think. But, if I'm Columbus, I'd swap with the Rangers, pick up a second and pick one of Ladd, Tukonen or Thelen.

No way! I am a huge fan of the Hawks and read all the press... and the more I read it the more I think the Hawks are leaning towards either Ladd or Picard.

But these things I am fairly sure of:
1.CBJ will take Barker.
2.Tukonen will not be picked before Olesz.
3.Olesz will not slide past Phx.

As for the the guy to fall the hardest? I think it will be Salmonsson. Teams are very wary of injured players.
Look at James Wisnewski 2 years ago. He was slotted to go in the top 60, but had a serious knee injury a month before the draft. Chicago ended up picking him up in the 5th round. Long story short, he was just named as the CHL defensman of the year.

BrettNYR

Mar 26, 2004
Olesz will not fall past #6, I guarentee it. I also think that Phoenix will pick Tukonen over Olesz because I've read that the Coyotes LOVE Tukonen.

IFK

Jul 25, 2003
Visit site
Broadway Crosby said:
Olesz will not fall past #6, I guarentee it. I also think that Phoenix will pick Tukonen over Olesz because I've read that the Coyotes LOVE Tukonen.

Tukonen is amazing and i think he is 3rd talented forward in this draft. Second, Olesz has his head problems and thats why he is going to fall.

BrettNYR

Mar 26, 2004
IFK said:
Tukonen is amazing and i think he is 3rd talented forward in this draft. Second, Olesz has his head problems and thats why he is going to fall.
Olesz DOES NOT have head problems! He probably has the best head in the whole draft! He works VERY hard, and he does anything his coach wants him to do. Where did you get that Olesz has head problems?

IFK

Jul 25, 2003
Visit site
Broadway Crosby said:
Olesz DOES NOT have head problems! He probably has the best head in the whole draft! He works VERY hard, and he does anything his coach wants him to do. Where did you get that Olesz has head problems?

I talk that Phaneuf hit Olesz and Olesz hurt his head. Not how good he listening his coach or how good he use his mind on the ice.

BrettNYR

Mar 26, 2004
IFK said:
I talk that Phaneuf hit Olesz and Olesz hurt his head. Not how good he listening his coach or how good he use his mind on the ice.
Oh, sorry, my bad. I'm a little slow up top.

I heard that he is fine now, but it's up to the team doctors to decide that.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
rupispupis said:
As for the the guy to fall the hardest? I think it will be Salmonsson. Teams are very wary of injured players.
Look at James Wisnewski 2 years ago. He was slotted to go in the top 60, but had a serious knee injury a month before the draft. Chicago ended up picking him up in the 5th round. Long story short, he was just named as the CHL defensman of the year.

rupispupis,
Reading your post it makes me believe that you know nothing or very little about Salmonsson's situation.

- Mid-October, it is revealed that Salmonsson has problems with his shoulder and will undergo surgery in November
- Early November, Djurgården announce that Salmonsson feels no pain, can play unbothered so they postpone the surgery until after the season.
- March/April, Djurgården eliminated from the playoffs - Salmonsson has his surgery in order to not miss the summer training with Djurgården (which he would have missed parts from if he had been playing for Sweden in the U18 WJC, before having the surgery)
- Early May, Salmonsson reports that he is recovering really well and is already now capable to train. Feels in good shape and very confident for next season.

Conclusion:
# Salmonsson did not have a serious injury (heck, he was able to play with it)
# Salmonsson's stock will not fall because of his shoulder injury, if anything it will because he did perform as well during the spring as he did early in the season.

Ströba

Dec 5, 2002
Visit site
Tukonen seems to be some kind of head case (arrogant head in the clouds kind of kid). He might drop out of top 10 if scouts don't like his attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->