What position of yours, from the start of the season, are you now eating crow on,?

FunkySeeFunkyDo

Aug 3, 2014
I participated, on the pro side of the “Does GMJR need to go?” on the Pens board. It was after the Kessel trade. I didn’t like the way he badmouthed players on the way out. In this case blaming Kessel for locker room troubles last year. And of course the signing of Jack Johnson the year before. The signing of Tanev looked like a similar, but much less egregious mistake. Well, it turns out that Tanev has been great and some other moves HOFGMJR made were excellent—getting Kahun, Marino, Sprong for Pettersson, keeping Jarry. Signing Jack Johnson is still a mind bottling self shot in the foot, but otherwise the Pens look great and a large part of that is GMJR.

Reactions: NOLAPensFan

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
I was fairly certain that James Neal would have single digit goals this season. I guess I'll take the double digit minus as ketchup for my crow. And a 3rd round pick as seasoning.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
I thought Bennett could at least rebound and have a decent year.

Nope, I have officially given up on him. I've gone into the past 3 seasons saying, "this is his year" and he not only comes out worse every year, but he has 6 points this year. I still don't want him traded just for the sake of trading him, but I don't understand how you can have so much potential and have nothing to show for it other than some good playoff games.

Smiggie Balls

Sep 27, 2017
I thought Makar's playoffs were a mirage, and he'd be a distant 3rd in Vezina voting to Kakko & Hughes (both of whom i thought would be much better than they have been)

Thought Fox would need seasoning in the AHL, boy was I wrong there

Thought Panarin would only be an 80ish point player for us on such a bad team

Thought Howden might actually be sent down to the AHL, but no, he just continues to make every line he's on that much worse

tehe!:sarcasm:

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
James Neal. I couldn't believe how many goals he scored in October. Was not expecting that and ate a lot of crow then. Thank gawd he's reverted back to expectations as he totally blew his load in that first month and is pretty well useless most nights since then and I'm back to dining on steak.

Last edited:

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I thought signing Talbot was a bad move by the Flames. He's surprised me this season. I still worry a bit when he's in net but no way to even being close to the worry I would be experiencing if Smith was still playing for the Flames.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
This absolutely boggles my mind and goes along with my earlier post. I just don't understand how anyone could look at the Devils roster before the summer and think that *that* team would suddenly become the East powerhouse after adding Hughes, Subban, and Simmonds.

Maybe next off-season people will stop underrating just how good the cores of the Pens and Caps are and won't pick another mediocre team who added one or two good, but not great, pieces to overtake them just yet.

you forgot Gusev....and Hall missing 2/3rds of the season last year

maybe they're underrating how good the rest of the division is but you're underrating the sheer amount of talent New Jersey added

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
-I thought the Leafs can be successfull having a top heavy team (salary wise) and they would be able to hide their depth issues.

- i thought CBJ would be a bottom feeder

- I thought Q hughes would only be a 1-way purely offensive player and would be exposed defensively.. couldn't be more wrong

Depth issues when they are leading the league in goals and have one of the best bottom 6's?

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
My big ones

- Hughes is better than Makar

- Carolina will be favourites to win the cup (not saying they are bad by any stretch, just I expected them to be closer to a division leader)

- The Atlantic will be the best division by a wide margin, no team will really be able to pull away in that division even though Buffalo, Detroit, and Ottawa will be bottom feeders

- Stars will suck this year

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
I said the Oilers had ZERO chance of making the playoffs.

If their goaltending holds up they have a shot.

Laphroaig

Aug 26, 2011
The Town Fun Forgot
I thought Mark Borowiecki didn't belong in the NHL. He's been pretty good.

I thought Nashville would be a Stanley Cup favorite. They're not

I thought Jesperi Kotkaniemi would take a big step forward. He's regressed.

I thought Gerard Gallant had great job security. He didn't.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad