What position of yours, from the start of the season, are you now eating crow on,?

CanuckCity

Aug 23, 2012
Budapest
Really though the Flyers would start slow then have a super strong 2nd half once they got accustomed to AVs system and be a darkhorse cup contender. Guess this is still TBD.

Didnt think Drai would be close to repeating last year, expected him to be ~40+~40. Passed over him while already having McDavid :help:

Fell for the NJD & Subban trap card.

Expected Vegas and SJS sharks to be convincingly 1-2 in the Pacific. Also big things from Hertl.

canuckster19

Former CDC Mod
Sep 23, 2008
Gothenburg Sweden
I didn’t think the Miller trade would work as it has, I didn’t think Edler was worth signing for that much either, but they have both been instrumental in the Canucks being where they are right now. I also thought Demko would have got the starting job by now.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
I thought the Penguins would collapse this year, given the loss of Kessel and their pathetic play during the playoffs last year.

gtrower

Feb 10, 2016
Hamilton has always been up and down. After his start last season I wasn't a big fan but then he had a good 2nd half.

So I guess my crow is I never once in my life thought Hamilton would compete for a Norris but IMO he would have won it if not for his injury.

giphy.gif

Reactions: nbwingsfan

Kamus

Oct 21, 2005
So presenting statistical realities in the face of subjective narrative and misleading numbers = a bad poster?
Show me statistical evidence, correlation and causation that due to his pp points going up is at the expense of his even strength points

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
Show me statistical evidence, correlation and causation that due to his pp points going up is at the expense of his even strength points

It was a sarcastic post pointing out the fallacy of some McDavid supporters who argue he was better than other players so far in his career because he had more ES points than them. Now the shoe is on the other foot.

I really don't care how he gets his points, great players get their points regardless.

Kamus

Oct 21, 2005
It was a sarcastic post pointing out the fallacy of some McDavid supporters who argue he was better than other players so far in his career because he had more ES points than them. Now the shoe is on the other foot.

I really don't care how he gets his points, great players get their points regardless.
So like i said all your posts are BS and then you get called out and retract your statement. In a thread about admitting your wrongs you still go out of your way to slag Connor and oilers fans... Your obsession with us makes you the worst poster on HF

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I figured Boston was ripe for a cup run hangover given their older core

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
I thought between Girard and Makar the Avs wouldn't miss Barrie's output. Turns out we only needed Makar for that.

Seriously tho, I think our entire board expected Burakovsky to bomb and kid has delivered way more than we thought possible.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
better than expected: Columbus. Thought they were insane for heading in to the season with that tandem in net and figured they'd be in for a couple years of rebuilding as-is after the departures this offseason.

worse than expected: San Jose. I figured that they'd have some drop off but to... maybe 3rd/4th in the Pacific and in a wild card spot at worst. Yeaaaah about that.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
So like i said all your posts are BS and then you get called out and retract your statement. In a thread about admitting your wrongs you still go out of your way to slag Connor and oilers fans... Your obsession with us makes you the worst poster on HF

You think quite highly of yourself if you think that an obsession with Oilers fans is going to be anywhere near an obsession with a big market team.

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
Standings at the moment aren’t exactly what I saw (Toronto down, NYI up, etc.) but nothing too off the wall.

San Jose however is the one that’s a complete 180; I thought they’d either win their division or be right there.

All-Star break and they’ve got a 5% chance or so to make the playoffs.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I thought that New jersey would win their division after the off season they had.

This absolutely boggles my mind and goes along with my earlier post. I just don't understand how anyone could look at the Devils roster before the summer and think that *that* team would suddenly become the East powerhouse after adding Hughes, Subban, and Simmonds.

Maybe next off-season people will stop underrating just how good the cores of the Pens and Caps are and won't pick another mediocre team who added one or two good, but not great, pieces to overtake them just yet.

Reactions: Danrs112

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->