What position of yours, from the start of the season, are you now eating crow on,?

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Clayton Keller, He's the guy I wanted Vancouver to pick instead of Juolevi at 5.

Sophomore season -> "He's gonna put up 70 points"
This season -> "He's gonna put up 70 points"

Reactions: CanuckCity

TheStuntman

Oct 27, 2015
I predicted that the Ducks after their strong start to the season where they beat some strong teams, were a dark horse Cup contender. Oops!

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
Miller trade and Myers contract. Hated the Miller trade but it's looking like a good move now, the Myers contract is meh but nowhere near as awful as I thought it would be.

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
I’ve renounced everything, Lord please take me!!!

yada

move 2 dallas 4 work
Nov 6, 2006
watching happy pony
Something im glad to be wrong about was feeling like the injury in game 82 for connor mcdavid would effect him negatively this season. I thought he may take awhile to regain form, thank god he came out and still has the explosive skating ability

saluki

Nov 18, 2017
I really thought Debrincat would keep improving.

He seemed to have such a good feel for scoring his first two years. How do you lose something like that?

yada

move 2 dallas 4 work
Nov 6, 2006
watching happy pony
Same. I'm scared to look back at all my awful hot takes from the trade board went it went down. I hope that thread stays dead and buried.

Credit to JT. Guy has clearly taken his game to new heights and is not just stat padding next to Pettersson. Would have been nice if JT had gotten his **** together just a few years earlier, he would be a key player in NY right now.

Arent there rumours that either miller is a dick head or was unhappy with the rangers for sending him up and down from hartford causing him to be traded? Even if thats not true i just dont see much of a scenario of him being kept around due to the rebuild.

Kevin hayes was the better player and he got traded

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Arent there rumours that either miller is a dick head or was unhappy with the rangers for sending him up and down from hartford causing him to be traded? Even if thats not true i just dont see much of a scenario of him being kept around due to the rebuild.

Kevin hayes was the better player and he got traded

It was reported that he had problems with AV because he was "uncoachable" and well.. AV won out only to be fired a month and a half later.

Talonted

Dec 9, 2010
That the Oilers would get a teeny tiny bit of respect if they weren’t out of the playoffs by November.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Hamilton has always been up and down. After his start last season I wasn't a big fan but then he had a good 2nd half.

So I guess my crow is I never once in my life thought Hamilton would compete for a Norris but IMO he would have won it if not for his injury.

Lol no he wouldn't have. He's been great but Carlson had the Norris wrapped up well before Hamilton injuring himself.

Reactions: kuzy92

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Happy to be eating crow on Cale Makar.

Before the season started I said 40 points would be a phenomenal rookie year from him. Instead he almost has 40 at the All-Star Break. I though it'd take at least 2 years for him to become a bonafide #1D and one of the very best Dmen in the game.

I was completely wrong.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I thought that Dahlin would lead the sabers, along with Eichel to the playoffs.... but there is always next year.

I also thought that the Sharks would be a lock for a playoff spot as a top 3 team in the Pacific.

Tom Polakis

Eternal Optimist
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
I thought the Sharks would be near the top of the Pacific. I thought the Pens would be well out of a playoff position by the break.

Avsavsavsavsavs

Nov 30, 2017
Came in here expecting at least 1 of the 200 Leafs fans that bashed us about Kerfoot to eat crow, that future physical Selke winner not panning out so well.

I will say that Kadri is a little underwhelming and hasn't met expectations in my opinion over here, but he's playing a little better as of late.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Didn’t think Haley would ever play an NHL game again before the start of the year...he’s played 22 games for the Rangers.

Reactions: CanuckCity

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
- I thought Pavelski would be able to contribute offensively at a clip close to what he produced last year and really change that Dallas PP. Still think he can turn it around in the last 30+ games.

I saw the Sharks downfall, the fact the Ch-twins weren't ready, and the fact that Kellman/Bergmann would be factors in the bottom 6, but ya that Pavs in a star jersey has not gone how I thought it would.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
My analysis has been pretty spot on when it comes to the Rangers. I was one of the biggest advocates of signing Panarin and insisted he’s a top 5 player in the league, I was a big detractor of Trouba and thought he would be the biggest mistake of our rebuild. I’ve said for years that DeAngelo is going to be one of the best offensive defensemen in the league. I said Kakko wasn’t that ready and that Hughes would be better.

Most crow I’m eating I suppose would be on JT Miller, although he’s still making all of the bonehead decisions that he did dating back to NYR.

Reactions: Ryan Michaels

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->