What players wanted out of Edmonton or did not want to play for Edmonton over the years?

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
Wouldn't it be easier to name all the players who didn't want out? Or wanted to play here?:badidea:

Nah, it's the off season, this will be a much longer thread... resume :snide:

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Yet no one picked him on waivers and no one traded for him after being a step behind in the ahl

Because we were trashing his damn name and he was overpaid. If he wasn't NHL quality he wouldn't have played two more seasons in the league. How the Oilers treated him was despicable.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
Of the players mentioned, how many actually didn't mind playing here but were forced to look for a trade because their spouses/girlfriends hated being here? Hard to say, but I'm sure it's happened more than once.

One time for sure I know it happened was with Vincent Damphousse...apparently he told mgmt that his wife was going to divorce him if he didn't get moved out of Edmonton.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Because we were trashing his damn name and he was overpaid. If he wasn't NHL quality he wouldn't have played two more seasons in the league. How the Oilers treated him was despicable.
Putting him on re-entry wasn’t bad and he had he rags scouting him, but every time they showed up he was garbage

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Putting him on re-entry wasn’t bad and he had he rags scouting him, but every time they showed up he was garbage

They actively called him a cancer in the media and tried to force him to play hurt repeatedly. I can't believe someone here is still defending f***ing Tambellini

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
^^

"It sucks. Patrick Maroon on losing in Hockey mad Edmonton"

Its unfortunate Staples relies so much on bait and switch titling of articles. That is an interesting headline given the content of the article. The title is actually a fabricated and taken out of context to the article. SHAMEFUL journalism.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
^^

"It sucks. Patrick Maroon on losing in Hockey mad Edmonton"

Its unfortunate Staples relies so much on bait and switch titling of articles. That is an interesting headline given the content of the article. The title is actually a fabricated and taken out of context to the article. SHAMEFUL journalism.

Yeah it’s Damien Cox level of garbage.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
He could of skipped the middleman and just made a thread about how Edmonton and the fans suck.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
They actively called him a cancer in the media and tried to force him to play hurt repeatedly. I can't believe someone here is still defending ****ing Tambellini
Still can’t beli be people are painting souray as a princess in this whole situation

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
I remember everyone rallying behind Tambellini at the time. Sour-ay was how we all put it.
How wrong we were.

No, not everybody. I thought the conduct of the Oilers org in this was disgusting. The height of which was Tambo barring Souray from camp due to infectious cancer...

I knew who the cancers were. So did Souray.

Reactions: harpoon and Aerrol

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
his momma didn't like it or something like that. Wasn't he the one that was still living with his mother? Seemed kind of strange.
Only one I remember living with his mother was Yakupov. I seem to recall Pitkanen never wanting to move out of the hotel though. Too long ago to remember exact details but there’s no doubt he didn’t like it here right from day one.

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting

Unfortunately as well NHL GM's are a little backwards and self supporting of their colleagues. When a player gets blacklisted by any member team it tends to get around. Other GM's should be considering source, i.e. Oilers org, rather than just assuming the player is in the wrong.

It also exists that the NHL coaching/GM fraternity also contains a lot of the nature of personalities that figure their generation was the best and that any brat generation after it is worthy of being spat at. Its a real small minded league. Some teams manage to rise above this level. But the Oilers surely don't.

Reactions: Aerrol

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
Only one I remember living with his mother was Yakupov. I seem to recall Pitkanen never wanting to move out of the hotel though. Too long ago to remember exact details but there’s no doubt he didn’t like it here right from day one.

I just checked.

Pitkanen rented an apartment or hotel room here and stayed with his mother the whole time. he was the weirdest dude. Not even the players could not relate to him (expectedly) and he exuded the independence of a helicoptered Elementary kid. Plus he was wuss on the ice. It was ugly. This was a market that was wanting and expecting a team with balls and they traded for a guy whose mom was packing his lunch for games..;)

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I just checked.

Pitkanen rented an apartment or hotel room here and stayed with his mother the whole time. he was the weirdest dude. Not even the players could not relate to him (expectedly) and he exuded the independence of a helicoptered Elementary kid. Plus he was wuss on the ice. It was ugly. This was a market that was wanting and expecting a team with balls and they traded for a guy whose mom was packing his lunch for games..;)

Actual a few parents fly in and live with their kids when they start there career--it is in some cases parents being parents but in other times it was something the team agreed with to help ease the player into the nhl and it is not unusual for European players to have family come over with them as well

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
Actual a few parents fly in and live with their kids when they start there career--it is in some cases parents being parents but in other times it was something the team agreed with to help ease the player into the nhl and it is not unusual for European players to have family come over with them as well

The big issue was they lived in a hotel the whole time. It was pretty clear he didn’t want to stay. Something you think you’d find out before a trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->