What players wanted out of Edmonton or did not want to play for Edmonton over the years?

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
How many of these actually wanted out of the city and how many just couldn’t stand management?
Of the players posted so far, I think just Visnovsky (weather) and Nylander (wife) wanted out because of the city. Maybe Jimmy Carson as well. I was too young for that but know him demanding a trade helped the Oilers win the Cup later that season.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Of the players posted so far, I think just Visnovsky (weather) and Nylander (wife) wanted out because of the city. Maybe Jimmy Carson as well. I was too young for that but know him demanding a trade helped the Oilers win the Cup later that season.

Not sure I’d even consider Nylander as I think his agent was using us.

Pretty sure I remember Cole and Pitkanen maybe not asking for trades but being happy to be no longer in Edmonton.

Aug 10, 2015
I remember hearing that Bernie Nicholls got two speeding tickets (from the same cop) after getting traded, and he supposedly could not get away fast enough, it seemed appropriate at the time.

Reactions: Bring Back Bucky

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Headline:

Millionaire hockey player and his family hates playing in Northern Canadian city where the average temperature during the hockey season is -20 and you can't even use the bathroom without the media criticizing you.

Reactions: Tremor

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Based on his recent interview on spitting chicklets, I don't think he didn't want to play for Edmonton.
He asked for a trade because Tambellini was sewering his career in the AHL
He asked for a trade at the end of the season. Long before he ended up in the AHL the following training camp. And as for sewering him in the ahl... the oilers did everything in their power to move him. They even put him on re-entry waivers (still a thing under the last cba) leaving his contract at 1/2 price for any team in the league to take. No one wanted him.

Reactions: Pointteen

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Poti was whining the fans wanted him out of Edmonton on his day out, so I imagine he asked to be traded.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Poti upset some fans by holding out in 2001 and then playing poorly when he finally re-signed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad