What player from last season do you miss the most?

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
Seto? Clutter? Cullen? PMB? Gilbert?

Not necessarily because you miss their play though that can factor into it... but even in general due to personality or whatever else, what player that was on the team last season that's not on it this season do you miss the most?

Last edited:

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
None really. I don't think any of those four would make our current team better. If anything they would make it worse.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
None of them. Thinking back, the only player that has left in recent years that I would truly like to have back is Burns. Maybe Larsson, but otherwise I don't feel like getting any recently moved players back will do much for the current team.

And to clarify, I'm not saying I would take the trades back. Just that having these guys on top of our current team could help. Others wouldn't I think.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
Old Bouchard 4/5/9 -1 Cullen 3/3/6 -6 Setoguchi 4/6/10 +3 vs new Niederreiter 3/8/11 +6 Granlund 2/10/12 +6 Pominvile 12/4/16 +9 courtesy @dhbrownTFP twitter

tomthestone*

Not that they weren't decent hockey players, and I'm sure they're all good guys...

But why would anyone miss anything about last year with the team rolling the way they are now?

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
None, but if I had to choose one I'd take either Gilbert or Cullen back.

Last edited:

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
I don't see why missing them necessarily means you'd prefer them to their replacements. I miss Blutarsky, Clobberhorse, Bighead and Grizzly Adams. They were the ham in my stories at one time or another. I'll miss Heatley next year, though it's not going to mean I wish he was on the top line.

State of Hockey

Oct 9, 2006
Clutterbuck, no question. We could use the speed, energy, hitting, and solid two-way play in the bottom lines. Plus, he was just fun to watch. We lack those guys.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Clutter, only because we an agitator and a gritty type of player. But given we traded him for Nino, then no one.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Clutterbuck, no question. We could use the speed, energy, hitting, and solid two-way play in the bottom lines. Plus, he was just fun to watch. We lack those guys.

Wut?

Also, I'm perfectly content with how our bottom 6 has played. I'd even venture to say, our 3rd line has been downright dominant.

When I use the term "our" meaning actual fans of the team. Just FYI.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
None. We got rid of the players we needed to get rid of. Cullen, Seto, Clutterbuck, and older Bouchard were terrible at puck-possession. It's fantastic to see our team actually move the puck through the neutral zone and controlling it in the offensive zone, instead of just dumping and chasing constantly.

The truth is that the team was already in a losing position by the time Clutterbuck was going in for one of his big hits - which became weaker with every passing season.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
I would have said Cullen. But his replacement has done just fine in his place.

So, none. I see no need to downgrade.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
Gilbert, if any of them. He'd be a good 3/4, and if he were around then Heatley would be gone, which I think would be better for our team as a whole, even though Heater has been at least better lately.

None really though, and I'm pretty happy Cullen is gone.... Nice for the kids to get some chances at those key positions.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
It would have been entertaining to see Cooke-Brodziak-Clutter on a line just for grins. And Gilbert-Ballard on a line (if Gilbert played like he did prior to last year) would have been pretty sweet.

But to be honest, this team is too balanced right now to think that any of the old guys would have been a major impact in any regards. It would have hindered the kids as well. If Clutter stays, they probably waive Fontaine since he is on a one-way and Granlund would probably be in Iowa if Cullen was here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad