What other sports/hobbies do you guys play(keep you in shape)?

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Watch some YouTube videos. Most of your bad swimming habits can be corrected with some pretty basic short videos, and being mindful about it next time you go.

The Man in White

Jun 28, 2004
Tennis in the summer. Hockey in the winter. Started doing Jiu Jitsu twice a week back in October (great for cardio and flexibility)..didn't realize how fun it would be.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
I've been playing ping pong (pretty competitively) the last month or so here. There's times that I'll wake up the next morning and my legs will feel the same way they do after I play hockey.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
If everybody had an ocean then everybody would be surfin like californi-a

(I need to move somewhere I can surf, without a wetsuit)

Not everwhere that has an ocean can you surf. From Vancouver you need to travel a good 5 hours to find somewhere to surf.

BogsDiamond

Anybody get 2 U yet?
Mar 16, 2008
I'm 43 and play in a competitive hardball league.
There are only 4 teams, but two of them are populated by local Mexican immigrants working in greenhouse farms.
It's a trip.
They have tonnes of fans come out and heckle us 'gringos' in Spanish.
They'll blow horns while we're pitching or hitting too. It's awesome.

Not sure it keeps me in shape for hockey season, but baseball is an amazing sport. Love everything about it.

My regular hockey league may be folding this Fall.
If it does, I've been seriously considering joining the local boxing club. I'm not Ali and I don't want to shock the world.
But I've always loved the sport. It'd be awesome to spar a bit and maybe even get in an amateur bout.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Cycling, Brazilian jiu-jitsu, reffing/playing hockey. Played in a touch rugby sevens league this summer as well. Good fun, but the turf we played on was awful. I'd rather we had played on an all-weather field instead. Hoping to add mountain biking and more skiing this fall/winter.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Need to do more exercise but play Badminton or Squash once a week. Squash is absolutely killer cardio.

Xelebes

Jun 10, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta
Swing dancing. Can do 8-count lindy hops comfortably but the east coast kills the ankles. The asymmetry of the shuffle steps kill me everytime whenever I have to go north of 120 bpm. Otherwise developing my turn technique. Still needs lots of work.

The ankle bit is humourous since I can do ankle-busting jit moves without discomfort.

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
Hiking & climbing. Usually 2 days a week, in winter I switch to ski touring. Enough to keep you in proper shape.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->