What ongoing TV series are you keeping up with?

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
crap

forgot Silicon Valley but add that to my list

also I wasn't sure if True Detective season 3 is coming out but it looks like they're shooting. Hard for me to call that an ongoing series because there's no certainty after each season

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Game of thrones
Stranger things
American gods
Westworld
Preacher
The americans
The exorcist
Sherlock
Ash vs. Evil Dead
Better call saul
Bosch
Vikings
Netflix marvel stuff
The Flash
Supergirl
Suits
Agents of SHIELD
The night of
Outlander
Star wars rebels
Mr. Robot
Supernatural

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
Too many haha.

AMC- The Walking Dead, Better Call Saul, Preacher, Into the Badlands, The Son

FX- American Horror Story, American Crime Story, The Americans, Fargo, Taboo, Legion, Feud, Snowfall, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Archer, Louie, Baskets, Atlanta

HBO- Game of Thrones, True Detective, Westworld, The Deuce, The Young Pope, Ballers, Silicon Valley, Vice Principals, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Veep, Room 104

Showtime- Ray Donovan, Homeland, The Affair, Shameless, Billions, I'm Dying Up Here

Netflix- House of Cards, Stranger Things, A Series of Unfortunate Events, Trailer Park Boys, Arrested Development

Cinemax- Outcast, Strike Back

USA- Suits, Mr. Robot

Starz- The Girlfriend Experience, Power, American Gods

BBC & PBS- Sherlock, Peaky Blinders, Luther

CraveTV- Letterkenny

Adult Swim- Rick and Morty

Amazon- The Man in the High Castle, Goliath

I could definitely quit a few of these shows and not look back, just that I don’t like giving up on shows that I’ve sat through 5+ seasons of.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Veep, Longmire, Supernatural, Shooter, Fargo.

2 are ending and 2 could end at anytime then I'm left with Fargo which takes more than 1 year to produce a season it seems. Not been happy with most of the offerings out there the last 3 years or so despite the plethora of options.

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
Game of Thrones
The Deuce
SuperNatural
Southpark
WestWorld
Rick and Morty
MindHunter
Archer
Shameless
Legion
It's always Sunny in Philadelphia
Dragonball Super (Both Sub and Dub)
Gintama
One Piece
Inuyashiki
Fate Apocrypha
Daredevil

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Couldn’t find a thread for it but I recently watched American Crime Story - The assassination of Gianni Versace.

They did a really good job with this. Darren Criss was fantastic.

Highly recommended

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
I went with these for 2020:

Brooklyn Nine Nine
Always Sunny In Philadelphia
Schitt's Creek (this is now finished)
Arrested Development (this is now likely finished)
The Good Place (this is now finished)
:damnpc:

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Wow. Bumpage.

Vikings
Better Call Saul
The Expanse
Bosch
Westworld
Kevin Spencer (long finished but I'm slowly working my way through it)
Brooklyn Nine-Nine (my wife watches it, usually only one or two episodes before bedtime)
The Good Place (have one more season to go)
JJ Villard's Fairy Tales
Forged in Fire
The Grand Tour (whenever they get around to making more)

Shows that I've watched that I might get back to at some point:

The Man in the High Castle
Ray Donovan
Tales from the Loop

My wife watches various foreign language stuff on Netflix...it's at the point where she complains that Netflix no longer gives her any English language options when she's browsing. That'll learn her for sitting through three seasons of that stupid Turkish adventure show she was watching.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I feel like television is in a lull right now where there isn't really anything particularly worth watching.

The only show I've watched recently is Masaaki Yuasa's latest, "Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken!" which is well below his standards, but is an admirable and loving ode to hand-crafted animation, the creative process, and working within limitations.

Last edited:
Reactions: member 51464

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Mozart in the Jungle
Shetland
The Last Kingdom
Ozark
Picard
Lucifer
Dark
The Crown
Russian Doll
The Kominsky Method

By lightyears right now, the most series that I have ever kept track of at one time in my life even if it is on a binge basis.

member 51464

I feel like television is in a lull right now where there isn't really anything particularly worth watching.

The only show I've watched recently is Masaaki Yuasa's latest, "Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken!" which is well below his standards, but is an admirable and loving ode to hand-crafted animation, the creative process, and working within limitations.

Yes, I think the golden era of television has closed. Hopefully it's not too long to get another.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Since Game of Thrones ended I have not really had a show I actively follow. Streaming services make things so much easier, plus then I don't have to have more available nights to keep up with things. The only thing I watch live now a days is sport.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Currently I am watching Snowpiercer and doing another viewing of the Office whenever I have spare time to kill. There isn't really much out that has me interested atm.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
What's the difference between the film and the show?

I enjoyed the film.
Different characters entirely. The mockumentary format is the same, but the setting is moved to Staten Island and follows 3 new vampires; Nandor, Lazslo and Nadja (Lazslo's wife for centuries). Also an "energy vampire" named Colin Robinson who doesn't suck blood but instead tells you long, pointless stories that sap your energy and make you either drained or furious. Funnier that it sounds...eventually.

Oh yeah. Another major character is Guillermo, Nandor's pudgy, put-upon familiar who lives in a closet under the stairs and yearns to be a vampire.

Standout episodes include:
  • The one where Lazslo tries to feed on their neighbour across the street but is discovered by the neighbour's girlfriend, transforms into a bat, then gets knocked unconscious and taken away by animal control and Nandor tries to find a way to free him,
  • The one where visiting elder vampire "The Baron" wants to go out on a night on the town, gets drunk and stoned by drinking the blood of drunk, stoned people, then tries to eat pizza and vomits so profusely he launches himself through the air like a chihuahua holding the end of a firehose,
  • And the first season finale where Guillermo gets the results of everyone's DNA tests back and learns something about his own dark history.
"I drank the blood of some people, and the people were on drugs, and now I'm a wizard!" -Nandor, wearing a traffic cone on his head.

Last edited:
Reactions: NyQuil

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Better Call Saul
Devs
Ozark
Dark
Big Mouth
Rick and Morty
Fargo
Stranger Things
The Boys
The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
The Haunting of Hill House

I still need to get around to watching the Expanse, What We Do in the Shadows, the Crown, and the Mandalorian.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Ozark

Stranger Things

Black mirror (Not sure if they are making more)

Arrested development (I'm on season 2 and not sure if they are making more)

Homeland - I'm early in this one as well... Not sure if it's all wrapped up yet.

Bruins4Lifer

Jun 28, 2006
Regina, SK
Not watching a lot of current shows at the moment, but Better Call Saul is the best of the ones I am. At the moment I'm mostly watching shows that have completed their run.

Arrested development (I'm on season 2 and not sure if they are making more)

Homeland - I'm early in this one as well... Not sure if it's all wrapped up yet.

AD did 3 seasons (after this is where I'd recommend to stop watching) and then Netflix revived it 7 years later and they did another 2 seasons that tarnished the show.

Homeland just finished it's 8th and final season in April.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Not watching a lot of current shows at the moment, but Better Call Saul is the best of the ones I am. At the moment I'm mostly watching shows that have completed their run.

AD did 3 seasons (after this is where I'd recommend to stop watching) and then Netflix revived it 7 years later and they did another 2 seasons that tarnished the show.

Homeland just finished it's 8th and final season in April.

Based on what I'm seeing so far, it's a shame that AD only went 3 seasons in its original run. Im enjoying it alot. Its not often that I am invested in almost every character in a show.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad