What of the fail for nail mentality this late in the rebuild when McDavid is around?

Status
Not open for further replies.

superduperleaffan

Aug 1, 2014
Toronto, ONT.
I am a Maple Leaf Fan but at heart I've been an Oilers fan remembering the Gretzky/Messier/Coffey days. Looking at the 83-90 dynasty made me a believer but these days the balance of a successful hockey team is built differently.

Taylor Hall in 2010 and Ryan Nugent-Hopkins in 2011 were easy picks 1st overall then they failed for Nail then Nail failed for the Oilers.

The issue I see with this franchise is they don't know how to draft past the top 5 picks. I never liked the Yakupov draft hoping they would of drafted one of Galchenyuk or Murray(a defensive need) ahead of the cocky khl risky Russian but it is what it is.

At this point and time Its a long shot to push for a wild card spot alone a playoff spot so why not try "for the last time" drafting high? in this case we have 3 potential franchise players in this draft coming... (Eichel, Hafinen, McDavid). Its a win win for the Oilers in this draft if they draft one of these three players IMO... the only negative is having too many centers if they have Dristali, RNH, and one of McDavid(the next crosby) and Eichel(unknown!) projected as top 6 centers.

If I were GM I'd trade at most 2 core pieces while drafting in the top three if it comes to it.
Yakupov and J.Schultz for Seth Jones or Philip Forsberg. Forsberg would cost Eberle + but with Nashvilles depth on D Yakupov and Schultz might get er done for Jones... can you imagine Nurse and Jones piggybacking this defensively weak team but if they wanna win they need dependible goaltending, a quality coach and proper upper management on top of good drafting....

What say you?

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Wow another clueless Eastern fan chiming in on Yakupov.. What else is knew?

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
When did Nashville have Philip Forsberg :help::shakehead.

I'm wondering when Nail failed for the Oilers and was ever a cocky KHL risk. Yak shows a lot of heart and work ethic.. The Perron and Yak trade talk is crazy to me. You move Eberle before those two, easily.

oil Leaks

The Ultimate Decoy
Jul 5, 2011
I'm wondering when Nail failed for the Oilers and was ever a cocky KHL risk. Yak shows a lot of heart and work ethic.. The Perron and Yak trade talk is crazy to me. You move Eberle before those two, easily.

Exactly what I'm thinking too. We need more players like Perron and Yak. Ebs can GTFO for what I care.

Summary

Oct 13, 2009
Yakupov didn't and hasn't failed the Oilers, the Oilers failed for and then failed on Nail Yakupov

Nunymare

/ˈnʌnimɛr/
Sep 14, 2008
YEG
Sorry, given the mood of this board at the moment I don't think this is heading anywhere productive. Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese