What my dream NHL Looks like...

Status
Not open for further replies.

no13matssundin

May 16, 2004
My dream NHL has 24 teams with 18 man rosters. Olympic Sized rinks. No Red Line. Wide Blue Line like in the AHL. Goalie movement restrictions like in the AHL. 9.5 inch pads on Goalies. Trap Defences illegal defenses resulting in 5 min majors. Also, we'll build 40K super arenas with very close sightlines and the most expensive tickets are 50$ in any and every arena during the regular season... as low as 12.50$.

Oh ya... 25$ Mil HARD CAP and screw the NHLPA if they dont like it... id use replacement players for 20 years if needed be in my dream NHL.

NORTHWEST
Vancouver Canucks
Calgary Flames
Edmonton Oilers
Winnipeg Jets

MIDWEST
Minnesota Wild
Milwalkee Chiefs
Chicago Blackhawks
Detroit Red Wings

SOUTHWEST
Utah Saints (Salt Lake City)
Colorado Avalanche
St. Louis Blues
Dallas Stars

NORTHEAST
Maritime Sharks (Halifax)
Montreal Canadiens
Ottawa Senators
Toronto Maple Leafs

MIDEAST
Buffalo Sabres
Cleveland Ice Dogs
Columbus Blue Jackets
Pittsburgh Penguins

ATLANTIC
Boston Bruins
New York Rangers
New York Islanders
Philadelphia Flyers

Cheer/Jeer away

Last edited:

SedinFan*

Can't run a successful business on those figures.

25 million dollar cap? haha I laugh at that.

Olympic sized rinks? haha I laugh at that.

24 teams? haha I agree with that.

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Man you dream small. Id want public transportation right to the arena. Playboy running a bar that delivers to your seat. I think each fan should get to operate the large screen remote control once. Glass around the rink that magnifies everythin on the ice so you can the face going into the glass from the top row. Obviously cheap beer and you can buy as much as you want. All seats should have a voting device to pick the 3 stars of the game.

Most importantly, no more whining. From anyone. No more whining owners. No more whining players. No more whining fans. Now that would be paradise. No matter what happens, we are destined to forever live with the whining I think. If the owners got a $20mil cap, they would be back in 5 years whining about something.

YellHockey*

thinkwild said:
Man you dream small.

But so are you....

Id want public transportation right to the arena.

"Public transportation is for jerks and lesbians!"

Give me helicopter to the rink, if not, at least a stretch limo.

Playboy running a bar that delivers to your seat. I think each fan should get to operate the large screen remote control once. Glass around the rink that magnifies everythin on the ice so you can the face going into the glass from the top row. Obviously cheap beer and you can buy as much as you want.

Playboy delivering to your seat with naked playmates.

Every fan should get their own large screen.

Cheap beer? Screw that! Free beer! And was much as you want! And don't give me that crappy Labatts or Molson products either! I want Creemore Springs!

All seats should have a voting device to pick the 3 stars of the game.

And the device should also allow you to administer an electric shock to the opponents penalty box.

Most importantly, no more whining. From anyone. No more whining owners. No more whining players. No more whining fans. Now that would be paradise. No matter what happens, we are destined to forever live with the whining I think. If the owners got a $20mil cap, they would be back in 5 years whining about something.

Preach on Brother Thinkwild!

no13matssundin

May 16, 2004
Mt.Nigeria said:
You cant run a successful business on those numbers

avg of 30$ a ticket X 40,000 seats x 38 games=45,600,000$...

even if you get half that amount youre looking at 22.8 Million BEFORE concessions, parking, sponsorships, merchandise, tv money and so on... with a player salary cap of 25$ mil and operating cost at no more than 10 more million altogether(operations, advertising, staffing, built in voting systems for the 3starts), youre looking at a total of 35 Mil... and I can guarentee you, with those prices and the amazing sightlines these super arenas would provide, ppl by the thousands would be coming to a cleveland, or utah, or minnesota, or winnipeg of Leafs game for 20$ or 30$ bucks.

You can bet your butt that is a successful business plan, my man.

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Fair enough, limo it is. I do like the idea of the electric shocks in the opposing teams penalty box.

EventHorizon

Bring Back Ties!
That's funny, I posted something similar in another forum, here it is:

Just for fun, I put together my vision of the perfect NHL. My only requirement is that we can't lose teams that have won the Stanley Cup before (which probably saves Dallas, Pittsburgh, Tampa Bay, and New Jersey in my eyes). Oh, and first things first, let's get back the real division and conference names, none of this generic "we wanna be like the NBA" division naming scheme garbage.

Wales Conference:
Patrick Division:

New Jersey Devils
New York Islanders
New York Rangers
Philadelphia Flyers
Pittsburgh Penguins
Washington Capitals (must change their horrific uniforms to be allowed in my NHL!)

Adams Division:

Boston Bruins
Buffalo Sabres (must go back to blue and gold to be allowed in my NHL!)
Montreal Canadiens
Ottawa Senators
Tampa Bay Lightning
Toronto Maple Leafs

Campbell Conference:
Norris Division:

Chicago Blackhawks
Colorado Avalanche
Detroit Red Wings
Minnesota Wild
Nashville Predators (I know, I know, why keep Nashville and lose Colombus? Because Blue Jackets is just a stupid name. Besides, Nashville's right near St. Louis, natural rivalry there)
St. Louis Blues

Smythe Division:

Calgary Flames
Dallas Stars
Edmonton Oilers
Los Angeles Kings
San Jose Sharks
Vancouver Canucks

And with all due respect to the fans of these teams
FOLDED TEAMS

Atlanta Thrashers
Carolina Hurricanes
Columbus Blue Jackets
Florida Panthers
Mighty Ducks of Anaheim
Phoenix Coyotes

X0ssbar

EventHorizon said:
Nashville Predators (I know, I know, why keep Nashville and lose Colombus? Because Blue Jackets is just a stupid name. Besides, Nashville's right near St. Louis, natural rivalry there)
St. Louis Blues

So with that logic you can add Red Wings, Blue Jays, Yellow Jackets, Red/White Sox, etc to your list of so called "stupid names". Its no different - pick a color and add a noun.

I don't even want to get into your logic of folding a team b/c you don't like their name :shakehead

Benji Frank

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
My dream NHL has Anna Kournikova as commissioner.

I could probably also find room for Maria Sharapova in my dream NHL!!! :yo: :p: :yo:

I know I'm forgetting someone(s). I just keep waking up too quickly!!!! :whine:

no13matssundin

May 16, 2004
Seven_Nation_Army said:
that's that there newfangled math in Canada ... multiply everything by 2 and you get the true amount of people through the GATE :lol

Theres also this great thing in Canada called READING... you should try it some time:

"And we'll BUILD 40K super arenas"

Literacy. Its a Good Thing.

IkeaMonkey*

no13matssundin said:
. Goalie movement restrictions like in the AHL. 9.5 inch pads on Goalies.

And that's where I stopped reading.

These rules are regoddamndiculous.First of all, the puck movement rules in the AHL are TERRIBLE. I dont understand why they are punishing goalies who have good puck handling abilities. It's just STUPID. Don't say "SCORING IS UP", while yes, it is. Want to know what else is up?? The talent. I'm willing to bet there are more first round/top 15 picks in the league then there ever have been before.

Have you ever personally put on goalie pads??? Ever??? I'm talking standard 12/13 inch wide pads??? I'm willing to bet you have not. First of all, the proposed 10 inch rule that the AHL tossed around, is rediculous. I took a pair of 10 inch wide pads on ice for a practice and A.They are awful to adjust to. Shots hit the sides and just roll in. B.They are hard to move in because the lack of width causes you to roll to one side if your weight isnt in proportion. With your rules, a goalie can have 44 inch high pads, which can close the entire bottom of the net off when in the butterfly, but he has to have 9.5 inch WIDE pads??? Stop.

mzon

Feb 13, 2003
Raleigh, NC
Visit site
no13matssundin said:
Theres also this great thing in Canada called READING... you should try it some time:

"And we'll BUILD 40K super arenas"

Literacy. Its a Good Thing.

Who is going to pay for these 40k seat arenas? For that matter what makes you think that they will sell-out every night?

Thinking before you post. It's a good thing.

EventHorizon

Bring Back Ties!
Top Shelf said:
So with that logic you can add Red Wings, Blue Jays, Yellow Jackets, Red/White Sox, etc to your list of so called "stupid names". Its no different - pick a color and add a noun.

I don't even want to get into your logic of folding a team b/c you don't like their name :shakehead

It's nice to know there are people here with a sense of humor. :shakehead

X0ssbar

EventHorizon said:
It's nice to know there are people here with a sense of humor. :shakehead

ummm..your point being _________??

Last edited by a moderator:

no13matssundin

May 16, 2004
MR. X said:
Who is going to pay for these 40k seat arenas? For that matter what makes you think that they will sell-out every night?

Thinking before you post. It's a good thing.

The thread title: "What my DREAM NHL Looks like"

Again... Literacy.. Its a GOOD THING. :joker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad