Movies: What movie is this? American track star moves to Canada

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Can anyone remember this movie? Some of the details may be off...

A high schooler who runs track moves from Michigan to Canada (either to Hamilton or Windsor, maybe?) to the other parent who resides there. His brother or friend makes fun of the off-brand candy bars in Canada with names similar to Snickers and Milky Way.

The guy either makes some new friends or has friends visiting and one of the old friends passionately hugs his new friend against her will at or after a Gordon Lightfoot concert that they went to together.

It is just somehow stuck in my brain and I can't get it out. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a TV movie. It cannot have been made later than 2005.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Can anyone remember this movie? Some of the details may be off...

A high schooler who runs track moves from Michigan to Canada (either to Hamilton or Windsor, maybe?) to the other parent who resides there. His brother or friend makes fun of the off-brand candy bars in Canada with names similar to Snickers and Milky Way.

The guy either makes some new friends or has friends visiting and one of the old friends passionately hugs his new friend against her will at or after a Gordon Lightfoot concert that they went to together.

It is just somehow stuck in my brain and I can't get it out. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a TV movie. It cannot have been made later than 2005.

I hate this feeling. It took me like 10 years to figure out the name of a movie that was stuck in my head (it was Beastmaster 2). I finally was able to figure out via intensive google searching. Now I rate every single movie I see on IMDB so I wont ever forget a movie again. I wish you luck!

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
No idea but just wanted to point out in that timer period that things could be released in multiple parts on TV first and that gets record on IMDB as TV a series with multiple episodes, but after the TV airing they could be released on VHS as a 'movie'. In the 'things from history that should be made' thread on here I went digging for a title I remembered watching about Atilla the Hun and a Roman general that I remembered around 2000 renting from the movie store but had some trouble identifying it on IMDB because it was listed as a TV show.

the squared circle

Aug 3, 2005
Maple Leaf Gardens
Someone here suggested to me, Moviechat.org. It’s a message board like HFboards, but all about movies. It’s helped me get answers to many movie questions. Maybe if you go and ask your question there in the “general” area, you may get your answer.

Reactions: mattihp

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad