What measures should Crosby take to try avoid concussions?

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
What measures should Crosby take to try avoid concussions?

1. Do you approve Crosby dishing out BIG hits like the one Bickel vs NYR? I am just talking about the BIG hits here, not the occasional bumping into players. (Hitting increases the chance of retaliation hits possible causing a concussion)

2. Do you approve Crosby getting into between whistles scrums? (Engaging in verbal and physical battles creates anger towards Crosby and the opponent is more likely to go out of the way to get back at Crosby with cheapshots etc.

3. Do you approve Crosby fighting to jump start the team like he has done in the past? (Explanation not required = fighting dangerous for the head)

4. Am I the only one to cringe everytime Crosby is hit? I feel holding my breath worrying about Crosbys health is taking away some of the enjoyment I get out of the game.

---

Am I just paranoid pointing out these factors? Or do you think the Penguins organization has discussed some of it with Sid?

I for one think Crosby should be able to be smart in all situations above and still play at the highest level, he can be angry and aggressive without getting into fights and between whistles arguments.

I am perfectly aware there is no way of eliminating the possibility of concussions entirely, but minimizing the risk would be worth it, correct?

We all know that Crosby might be one concussion from retirement - so I would be doing everything possible to reduce the risks.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I'm not trying to bust your balls but this is the worst thread. Crosby should just play hockey. Plain and simple. What is the ridiculous infatuation with this guy's concussion?

When you try to prevent a concussion, you usually get another one.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I'm not trying to bust your balls but this is the worst thread. Crosby should just play hockey. Plain and simple. What is the ridiculous infatuation with this guy's concussion?

When you try to prevent a concussion, you usually get another one.
2nded in every way shape and form.

Its only been two games but it seems to me that teams are taking runs at him. You can't play hockey and avoid that stuff. Its Crosby... he's a target.

It made me sick to see Lucic talking garbage to Sid last year. Then end it with "... what are you going to do about it?" Then we see Asham standing between Chara and Lucic. It was almost laughable. Thats on the Pens and shame on them for not understanding that.

I'm not talking about bringing in a goon but the Pens need legit toughness and size. Man I miss those championship run teams.

Dessloch

Nov 29, 2005
So for all the people making fun of the thread - you are even willing to see Crosby fighting because its part of the game? You would not mind him getting knocked out like DiPetro vs Johnson?

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
So for all the people making fun of the thread - you are even willing to see Crosby fighting because its part of the game? You would not mind him getting knocked out like DiPetro vs Johnson?

I think we should mindlessly panic over something we have no control over.

And after that's done, we can start worrying about whether or not Kris Letang is going to die of botulism because of his unhealthy love of eating homemade jams.

Til the End of Time

May 18, 2003
Santa Monica, CA
Visit site
people dont like this thread because they dont like being reminding of the fact that crosby is at higher risk for another head injury.

its a touchy subject.

i dont like thinking about it.

i guess to answer the question, i hope sid avoids scrums/chippy play after the whistle and doesnt fight. play hard whistle to whistle. but ive always wanted him to tone down the extra-curricular stuff, ever since he came into the league.

MonsterSurge

Nov 14, 2011

Ricky D actually got his face broke. He didn't get KO'd. ;)

jhjhjhjhjhjh*

Other players have had it worse than Crosby why is his concussions and the talk about him being injury prone always so popular.

Dessloch

Nov 29, 2005
Other players have had it worse than Crosby why is his concussions and the talk about him being injury prone always so popular.

Because he is the best and most famous in the world? :sarcasm: ;)

MonsterSurge

Nov 14, 2011
If you go into a sport being worried, you shouldn't be involved in that sport. That may sound harsh, but it's true.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
The best way to avoid hockey-related head injuries has always been to move to the mountains and chill out in your bubble. Sid's done enough for this city... he should go live out his retirement in peace. Find a nice wife who knows how to cook in a bubble, have some babies... and God help the persons who take it all away from him. For they will have created the next frontier legend -- Liver Eating Crosby.

bubble-architecture-.jpg

jhjhjhjhjhjh*

Because he is the best and most famous in the world? :sarcasm: ;)

Still people should lay off his injuries and thread like these make me laugh. If he starts changing his game he won't ever be the same player.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
people dont like this thread because they dont like being reminding of the fact that crosby is at higher risk for another head injury.

its a touchy subject.

i dont like thinking about it.

i guess to answer the question, i hope sid avoids scrums/chippy play after the whistle and doesnt fight. play hard whistle to whistle. but ive always wanted him to tone down the extra-curricular stuff, ever since he came into the league.

We don't like hearing about it because it's petty and annoying. The dude is healed. People need to get over it and let it go. I'm sure he's done thinking about it.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
OP, I just realized that Kris Letang has also had a concussion! Do you think that Letang's concussion is responsible for his behavioral problems off the ice (reckless preserving of foodstuffs, insatiable hunger for starches, his lotto addiction)? Please advise!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad