The Athletic - Boston What makes Jack Edwards tick?

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
he's got too much respect for JFK that he wont call Forsbacka-Karlsson "JFK" but didn't have enough respect for the Kennedy's that he had to keep comparing hockey players to RFK's murderer until Ray Shero tried to get into the press box

Seem to recall this vaguely. What happened?

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Ahh yes, Jack working for NESN completely excuses him of berating refs, trash talking other teams opposing players and throwing tantrums in the booth over marginal penalties that he accuses the other teams of assault.

He’s had to publicly apologize on multiple occasions for his conduct in the booth. BUT HEY! I guess that doesn’t matter because he’s a bruins announcer and not on a major network.

He’s a full grown man who acts like an 8 year old sports fan.

Give me Dave Goucher, former Bruins radio play by play any day over Jack.
Can’t do that. He works in Vegas now. Perhaps you’d like Mr. Vanilla, Dale, to return.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
This was another gem

Of course, his rant in 2011 after the Bruins beat Montreal in Game 7 will never be topped. Jack elects to drive to Montreal when he can because he loves driving through the mountains and somehow this came out of his mouth.

Why is it funny that a man uses his position to go on a cringey, tongue-in-cheek historical diatribe all while trying to “call out” the pompousness of Habs fans? And that his network allows him to do so?

Jack is a caricature and that’s “unique” and “entertaining” to some people. To me, it’s just one guy thinking he’s a lot wittier and smarter than he actually is.

Rarely do I find him entertaining, and this righteous epic about “what makes Jack Edwards tick” in which he refers to some unbiased, fictional and unassuming character which Jack could not be further from, is f***ing pathetic.

The denial of this guy’s idiocy across the board is absolutely beyond me.

Reactions: jgatie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad