What makes Alex DeBrincat so good?

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
I don't wanna jinx his current season, but...
I'm pretty sure he will score 50+ goals this season
his ceiling is somewhere way higher thou.

No one even got 50 goals last year and you think his ceiling is way higher than 50 +?

I mean he’s off to a great start but let’s ease up a little. Goal scoring gets tougher as the season goes on.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
The hyperbole is pretty thick in here. He's not the second coming and he's not as good as Matthews, Laine and the like, but he's a pretty darn good player and has an elite shot and a knack for getting his shot on net.

Something I haven't seen mentioned is that he plays bigger than his size and by that I mean he competes physically. He isn't going to overpower many guys but he sticks his nose in there and it's amazing how many times he comes away from a board battle with the puck. He doesn't shy away from that part of the game at all and in fact it seems like he almost embraces the challenge to go at it with bigger guys. In fact I wish Schmaltz would have the testicular fortitude that DeBrincat has.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Because when he was 16 he played a full season with McDavid.

Oilers were dumb not to draft him.

Though an interesting question is why is Connor Brown so garbage after posting 128 in 68?

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
Because when he was 16 he played a full season with McDavid.

Oilers were dumb not to draft him.

Though an interesting question is why is Connor Brown so garbage after posting 128 in 68?

Oilers are inherently stupid with their drafting.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Watch his positioning on the ice.

He's always camped in front of the open side of the net. Couple that with his above average wrister and that's what you get.

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Pretty sure he was ranked pretty high but size was question. His skill level was never a question though and league has opened up skill and speed have taken over. We will see a lot of faster smaller players excel now and game is better for it. Playoffs will be different as it always is but who knows maybe this is the year the refs call playoffs same as regular season.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
His shot is up at the top end of the league but he’s also a great passer so defenders back off of him. His shot is so good, beats goalies from all over the offensive zone and uses the whole net. Hawks are going to have to pay him big bucks.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Why is Johnny Gradeau good?

Because both have tremendous talent and size in this league is not as important anymore.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Don't not draft a player because of his size.
This. This is why i think Turcotte will go sooner in the Draft than where he's expected to go.
I could see the Top 7 going like this: Hughes/Kakko/Cozens/Turcotte/Byram/Dach/Podkolzin.
Caufield, Brink & Pelletier could go sooner than expected as well.

Alex K

Apr 20, 2016
Earth
Because he has the best smile in the nhl :)
89Pc.gif

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
well he plays on a team with abysmal defense so teams just trade chances with them.

ello

Jun 12, 2018
Natural born scoring instinct, something you can't teach or necessarily explain but he just has it.
This. It’s like how certain players have all the tools but seem to lack “finish”. DeBrincat always seems to be in a good scoring spot with his hands and feet angled just the right way whenever he takes a pass.

Reactions: SniperOnTheWing

ViktorBaeArvidsson

Greenville Swamp Rabbits fan lol
Feb 18, 2017
The Bible Belt of South Carolina
Every GM should feel stupid for passing on this dude. I feel stupid too cause I originally didn’t think he was gonna be that great, boy I was dead wrong, and the fact he’s on the Blackhawks makes it 10 times worst. Love and hate him at the same time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad