Line Combos: What lineup would YOU like to see?

solo16

Nov 22, 2007
CT
I doubt you have an example of this happening other than in theory. Helm doesn't play PP and that takes away almost any possible chance of this happening. Makes even less sense considering how much we play our top two centers and don't use a four line system.

3rd line playing top6 minutes due to special teams is not the same thing, many teams roll three lines fairly equally.

I agree. It will be a crime if they don't roll helm with Tootoo.

Abs Helm Tootoo would be a sick 4th line.

Samuelson Helm Cleary would be an ok 3rd line.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
I agree. It will be a crime if they don't roll helm with Tootoo.

Abs Helm Tootoo would be a sick 4th line.

Samuelson Helm Cleary would be an ok 3rd line.

Do you agree, or disagree? :)

I'm advocating for Helm staying as the 3rd line center, no matter the circumstances. When Sheahan and Jarnkrok are here, I might reconsider and see what fits us best.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I doubt you have an example of this happening other than in theory. Helm doesn't play PP and that takes away almost any possible chance of this happening. Makes even less sense considering how much we play our top two centers and don't use a four line system.

You see, Emmerton and Tootoo has been playing ~8minutes without any special teams role.

Special teams like penalty kill adds ~3min to your ice time. Then 1 minute of extra shifts per period adds another 3minutes.

Voilá! You have 8+3+3=14 minutes of icetime for a 4th line center.

We have done this with Kris Draper and the Grind line before.

solo16

Nov 22, 2007
CT
Do you agree, or disagree? :)

I'm advocating for Helm staying as the 3rd line center, no matter the circumstances. When Sheahan and Jarnkrok are here, I might reconsider and see what fits us best.

Sorry. To clarify. I believe Helm should be our 4th line center but play more than our 3rd line center. I think he is a fine 3rd line center but we should find a better fit.

Cleary Emmerton Samuelson would be fine as a 3rd line
Tootoo Helm Abdlekader would kill for a 4th

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Hes looked pretty good the last 4 games on the error side of things. I agree with you generally. I almost lost a few monitors early in the season. I screamed every time he was on the ice. But I have reached the point where I am willing to man up and say he is playing great.

We used to all ***** about Ericsson too. Look at him now. Ericsson is starting to look like a franchise dman. How the hell that happened I will never know.

Well, I'm just going to go on record as saying that

1. I defended Big E when everyone else was crapping on him. I knew his potential because I remembered 2009 Playoffs. He made mistakes, but he was a new defenseman and that's rough. I was willing to give him some time because he had shown me what he was capable of. A big, tough guy who played solid D. To me it was unlikely that he would do that for a deep playoff run and then never get back to that form again.

2. I hated Q after a few games last year. I was there his first game. He. was. bad. He showed me nothing positive at all for the last bunch of games he was there. He's starting to look less bad now, but don't confuse that with good. Especially when it's likely a result of the entire team playing better AND his much reduced minutes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->