What line should Tyler Bozak play on?

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
The second line. It worked in the playoffs effectively when he was partnered with Lupul and Frattin. He has chemistry with Lupul. And with no Kessel on his line, he won't always feel obligated to pass and might actually use his very underrated shot more often. His shots can generate rebounds and Clarkson would be there to scoop in the garbage.

Van Riemsdyk - Kadri - Kessel
Lupul - Bozak - Clarkson
Raymond - Bolland - Kulemin

Delicious Dangles*

He doesn't fit anywhere technically, but given that we are stuck with him, he should be on the 1st line. Spreads our scoring out into 2 legitimate 1st lines. Otherwise we are top-heavy. Plus, Bolland is too good as a #3C.

I'm also worried about how offensively inept Bozak will look if we take him off the top line. I think keeping him on the 1st line is the only way he will keep enough value to have a chance to trade him.

Though if we are down going into the 3rd, I'd like to see him switch with Kadri.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
The second line. It worked in the playoffs effectively when he was partnered with Lupul and Frattin. He has chemistry with Lupul. And with no Kessel on his line, he won't always feel obligated to pass and might actually use his very underrated shot more often. His shots can generate rebounds and Clarkson would be there to scoop in the garbage.

Lupul - Bozak - Clarkson
Raymond - Bolland - Kulemin

Bozy looked great in his limited time with Clarkson during training camp too. I think we'll eventually see Bolland cool off, and revert back to a more pure shutdown role with Kulemin flanking him.

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
Lupul - Bozak - Kulemin is an 'offensive black hole'? Bozak is argueably a 50points center, Kule has hit 57points in his career and Lupul has been PPG since last season. You don't know what an offensive black hole is.

Bozak has played almost exclusively with Kessel. Kulie has hit it once alongside Grabo.

Lupul, care to show his point totals when not with Kessel or Kadri?

How many thread are you gonna insist that this line would be ok without anything to substantiate it? Who carries the offensive burden on that line.

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
Bozak has played almost exclusively with Kessel. Kulie has hit it once alongside Grabo.

How many thread are you gonna insist that this line would be ok without anything to substantiate it? Who carries the offensive burden on that line.

No one needs to carry the offensive burden on the 2nd line. Your making it seem as if Kadri is removed from that 2nd line suddenly Lupul and Kulemin/Clarkson become plugs that can't generate offense. Thats simply not true.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010

Lupul obviously.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
No one needs to carry the offensive burden on the 2nd line. Your making it seem as if Kadri is removed from that 2nd line suddenly Lupul and Kulemin/Clarkson become plugs that can't generate offense. Thats simply not true.

No, people think Kadri improves the 2nd line more than he improves the first line.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
No, people think Kadri improves the 2nd line more than he improves the first line.

Pretty much. Late in a game searching for offense, I like Kadri between JVR/Kessel. However for 3 balanced lines, I think we'll see Kadri go back to the 2nd line and subsequently Bozak back to the 1st.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
I can, however, agree that perhaps the Leafs should try Kadri on the first PP unit with Bolland on the second PP unit.

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
Pretty much. Late in a game searching for offense, I like Kadri between JVR/Kessel. However for 3 balanced lines, I think we'll see Kadri go back to the 2nd line and subsequently Bozak back to the 1st.

I thought about this too but I realized that's never going to happen. Randy won't put Kadri in between the 1st line if Bozak is there, its not even a thought.

In the EDM game a goal down Carlyle chooses Lupul to be the extra attacker (I agree) but he rolls the 1st line with Bozak in it. Bozak should certainly be substituted for Kadri, keep your eye on Bozak during the 6 on 5 advantage, he does nothing but circles lol...

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
I thought about this too but I realized that's never going to happen. Randy won't put Kadri in between the 1st line if Bozak is there, its not even a thought.

It happened once or twice in the early going when Bozak was healthy. He lined up Kadri between JvR/Kessel, and Dion with Rielly to try and get some offense going. Forget which game it was. He does like his set combinations, but with any coach, there are breaking points. It can happen.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
I'd like to see this:

Lupul - Bolland - Clarkson
Raymond - Bozak - Kulemin
Leivo/Bodie - McClement - Orr

Phaneuf - Gardiner
Rielly - Franson
Ranger/Fraser - Gunnarsson

Reimer/Bernier
Bernier/Reimer

first line is the first PP unit. second line is the second PP unit. same thing for the defense.

for the PK: Phaneuf - Gunner and then Fraser - Franson. then use McClement, Bozak, Kulemin, Bolland, Raymond and JVR.

also, we should be double shifting people from the top 9 to play in place of Orr when someone is rested and needs some more ice time.

(these are the lines i want, but I voted for bozak on the first line in the poll cause i think he's a good player and is getting too much hate around here.)

Delicious Dangles*

What are his point totals sans Kessel or Kadri again? his ppg?
As far as I know, he hasn't played away from them as a Leaf, at least not for any considerable amount of time from which to draw conclusions. If you think it would be so terrible, and have the stats to back that up, why don't YOU share with us what his point totals are sans Kessel/Kadri.

Lupul has shown that he is a driving force both when he was on Kadri's line and Kessel's. I don't know why he can't be one with others. Obviously with lesser linemates, he would put up lesser PPG. The discussion comes down to whether or not it would be better for the team as a whole, if it improves something a greater amount elsewhere.

My Sweet Shadow

Sep 5, 2008
Sioux Lookout, ON
In my opinion, he should be our 2nd line center. If he's playing well & Kadri's not, then he can slide back up to the top line. If he's not playing well & Bolland is, then he can drop back to the 3rd line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->