What level of hockey did you play?

clarkiestooth

Mar 6, 2017
Played Junior A, then NCAA Div 2. Had a couple opportunities after college, but decided it would be too short term so opted for Corporate America.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
AA mostly. Grew up with Nigel Dawes who played for Team Canada U18 and various NHL teams and played against him when we were pretty young. Another classmate was David Anning (and was Nigel's bff/teammate for years) who is the head coach for the Brandon Wheat Kings currently. Played about 3 seasons against Travis Zajac in my early to mid teens. Hurt my shoulder playing house league hockey in my last game at age 18 and have maybe been on skates 5 times since then. I was looking to get back into it and found out they dozed all the outdoor rinks minutes from my house at the Dakota C.C. (aka Jonathan Toews C.C. now). I was pretty pissed about that. Adult leagues would be fun to try, but I'm working 3:30 - 11:30 now. Until that changes I'm probably stuck waiting for next winter and looking for other community rinks to skate around on outdoors since most of the indoor ice at Dakota doesn't allow sticks and pucks to my knowledge. :(

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Street and pond hockey.

When my friends and I were in 5th grade, we beat some 7th/8th graders. They couldn't believe that they lost. We beat them worse the second time. That was it in my school, nobody would play us after that.

A few years later, we played a few college club players in a pick up pond hockey game. We beat them because I recognized a local college goalie that I had seen in action and he played on our team, but it was close game.

I stopped playing at 13. My high school didn't have a team. I retired with all of my teeth.

Everybody but Alko beats me. Congrats to you all!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad