What Level of Credit is Due to Dorion for the Karlsson Deal?

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Dunno where else to put this.

Did everyone see the dorion video last week where he talks about the team and the draft and what's going on during covid.

Anyways, in the video he says he'd like to personally thank all the essential workers. He'd like to thank the LCBO and beer store workers. As he says that his eyes twinkle and a subtle smirk on his face appears. Me and my buddy laughed at this for a few days and cracked jokes. Tuesday I was waiting to get into the LCBO waiting for someone to leave so I can go in. Who leaves? Dorion with a huge box filled with bottles as he leaves in hurry like he's late for something. Was hilarious. I wanted to yell at him "I'd like to personally thank the LCBO workers!"

Reactions: swiftwin

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road

Did everyone see the dorion video last week where he talks about the team and the draft and what's going on during covid.

Anyways, in the video he says he'd like to personally thank all the essential workers. He'd like to thank the LCBO and beer store workers. As he says that his eyes twinkle and a subtle smirk on his face appears. Me and my buddy laughed at this for a few days and cracked jokes. Tuesday I was waiting to get into the LCBO waiting for someone to leave so I can go in. Who leaves? Dorion with a huge box filled with bottles as he leaves in hurry like he's late for something. Was hilarious. I wanted to yell at him "I'd like to personally thank the LCBO workers!"

I'd be drinking a lot more too if I knew that I could be swindled out of top draft picks

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Haven't watched many of the Sportsnet Classic games since the season was suspended, but just flipped to period 2 of Game 6 against the Rangers and am just watching #65 control the whole game when he was on the ice. It's unbelievable to remember how good he was throughout that run.

I know, sorry, probably wrong thread.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
rL8gr0U.jpg
Still the best assessment of Dorion and this trade.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa

I mean, he's French Canadian...

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
That trade was a mistake by DW ,he overestimated his actual depth behind his top end guys....When injuries started to pile up ,he had nothing to fill the gaps with as we took virtually any depth the had ...And the team sunk

Reactions: Tuna99

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
That trade was a mistake by DW ,he overestimated his actual depth behind his top end guys....When injuries started to pile up ,he had nothing to fill the gaps with as we took virtually any depth the had ...And the team sunk
I disagree with this. The only depth the team lost was DeMelo and Tierney. DeMelo was replaced by EK on the roster. I guess you could debate that Tierney was valuable, but even that is a stretch. There was no way that Balcers and/or Norris would have spent any time on the main roster.

Wilson would definitely want a do over, but not because of the reasons you listed. Probably more to do with losing a lottery pick in the deepest draft in years than for depth reasons. If he lost a pick in the 20+ range, instead of in the top 5, I am willing to bet that he would still be quite pleased with how little he gave up for EK.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I disagree with this. The only depth the team lost was DeMelo and Tierney. DeMelo was replaced by EK on the roster. I guess you could debate that Tierney was valuable, but even that is a stretch. There was no way that Balcers and/or Norris would have spent any time on the main roster.

Wilson would definitely want a do over, but not because of the reasons you listed. Probably more to do with losing a lottery pick in the deepest draft in years than for depth reasons. If he lost a pick in the 20+ range, instead of in the top 5, I am willing to bet that he would still be quite pleased with how little he gave up for EK.

I suspect if Norris hadn't had the shoulder injury he would have been a full time NHLer by last Christmas on their roster or ours

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Do you think Norris and Balcers will be stars in the NHL? I think if we didn't get a star player out of the Karlsson deal then it is a complete failure.

With Norris being named AHL rookie of the year, it looks like he's on track to make the NHL within the next calendar year ... but the jury is still out on whether he's be a "Star Player" .... but depending on how the lottery balls bounce, there is a good chance the Shark's pick could turn out to be that "Star" to prevent the trade being a "complete failure" to you.

Based on what we've seen in EK65s game play in his last year in Ottawa and his time in San Jose, it's a safe bet to say that his better days are probably behind him ...... however, this long layoff may end up benefiting him, and it would not be shocking to see him return to form once he returns to the ice ..... but lets keep in mind, father time is catching up with him too.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Man, you could not have had a better season if you are a prospect the way Norris did in the AHL. Heck, BALCERS, the 5th good looking piece in that trade (Tierney and Demelo were/are very serviceable and did well with us) still looks like he has top 6 upside.

Exciting to think Norris has top 6 potential. I'm still not sold fully but that resume cant get any better for the hype.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad