• Thread starter Zetterberg4Captain*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Petey21

Dec 19, 2003
Sweden
www.geocities.com
I just got a Bauer Vapor VI Stick'um for my birthday (Naslund pattern), and I love it although it's not a high-end OPS, and I can recommend it for anyone who wants a decent OPS with grip.

08Neely

Blades of Steel
Mar 17, 2003
Sunny Arizona
Visit site
I dunno how you guys can use composite sticks or those shaft and blade combos.
Sherwood Bourque models all the way at this point since they stopped making white Canadien fiberglass models - god I loved those sticks.

Mackee

Oct 9, 2003
Montreal
Goalie sticks:
Koho 590 Roy curve...I hope that RBK continues the Roy curve.

Player sticks:
Sherwood PMP 9970 Spezza curve, 130 flex...love this stick
Canadian CPM 15 senior...great low budget stick, got it for $10 at Zellers. On the heavy side but great for ball hockey.

Edit: Just bought an RBK 3K blade (Datsyuk curve) for an old Nike shaft I found the other day. I must say I'm very pleased with the blade.

Last edited:

gtoddh

Apr 22, 2005
Main stick is Easton Synthesis 100 flex shaft with carbon Synthesis Modano blade. I've also put in a carbon end plug from a Stealth stick in place of the wood plug. Every little bit helps, right? Backup stick is a Louisville TPS Red Light XX-Stiff Shaft with a Branches Grinder wood blade. The blade pattern has no name, but it's very close to my Modano blade. I also have a Louisville TPS Tri-Core XX-Stiff shaft that currently is bladeless. I got the 2 TPS shafts from a Hurricanes pro sale. The are actually too stiff for me, but the price was right at the time ($30 each.)

I find it very hard to justify paying for a 1-piece that will likely break. I'd rather stick with the tapered shaft/carbon blade combo. The blades aren't cheap, but they are less than a new 1-piece! Of course if the shaft breaks then I'm SOL, but I've still got 2 other shafts to get me by until I can get another Synthesis/R2/L2/XV/6K....

Todd

Mackee

Oct 9, 2003
Montreal
Mountaineer said:
Anybody remember Branches? Not sure what model I had but that stick was great - now all they make are oars/paddles etc...

I had a Branches blade a while back. A strange toe curve if I recall. Was a pretty good blade, heard their sticks were much better.

HFNHL Canadiens

Aug 12, 2004
Guelph
I have a Bauer Vapor XX Lindros curve, probably the best curve on the market right now, and my backup is a Sherwood 9950 Spezza curve and its nearly as light, i got it for about 25 bucks at Nationals Sports

nl player

Jan 27, 2005
Black TPS int. rubber, x-stiff, with vapor 10 blade Lindros p88 curve, A++++
Yellow TPS int. rubber, x-stiff, with vapor 5 blade Lindros p88 curve, A++
$15 senior Canadian wooden stick A++++++++=

nspeen

Oct 20, 2005
i have been using a synergy si core 85 flex modano and i dont like it. i think im going to by a whip flex r2xn10 shaft and throw either a tapered inno mogilny on it or a easton wood synthesis sakic blade on it.

Sticks of Fury

Apr 25, 2002
Visit site
BooBlancRouge said:
Edit: Just bought an RBK 3K blade (Datsyuk curve) for an old Nike shaft I found the other day. I must say I'm very pleased with the blade.

What is the Datsyuk curve equivalent in easton curves?

Grave77digger

Feb 27, 2004
profiles.sports.yahoo.com
I bought a a Easton Synergy (med flex) with a Drury curve.... and I love it. Ive scored 3 goals in 3 games which is impressive for a newbie like myself. All wrist shots that either went over, under, or threw the glove.

It Kills Me

Aug 6, 2004
Lindros curve? He barely has one.

I have a RBK 2K, Datsyuk curve. I could've bought the 3K at Sportschek for 30 bucks, but I went to Canadian Tire and bought the 2K for 40.

toroytorero

Sep 20, 2005
I have a bauer VI stickum 102 flex lindros curve. I really like the lindros curve that and the recchi. It did take a little getting used to..the VI is also my first ops but I like the stick a lot now.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Grave77digger said:
I bought a a Easton Synergy (med flex) with a Drury curve.... and I love it. Ive scored 3 goals in 3 games which is impressive for a newbie like myself. All wrist shots that either went over, under, or threw the glove.

:amazed: :amazed: You must have some shot!

RangersMoogle

Oct 25, 2005
Ohio
www.tehinter.net
I had a Synergy, but it broke. That's always a time to mourn when you have to pay that $150 yourself.

Now I use a Nike Quest V9, Kovalchuk curve. It's a nice stick, does what I want, and it's only $20.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad