What kind of hockey stick do you have?

• Thread starter Zetterberg4Captain*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zetterberg4Captain*

Im just wondering what kind of hockey stick eveyone has. I have a CCM Vector. Its pretty light and I can shoot way better with it then with my ultra carbon.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
I have a CCM V-120 shaft w/ a Koho Poti blade and a Sherwood 9950 Crosby woody as well as well as a Christian T-7 blade and a Graphite T-Flex Drury. I have an order in with Christian for some Custom Wood sticks that should've been here, but got delayed because of the Pro Leagues starting up. I've recently sold most my collection, so I'm pretty low right now. I'm going to try going back to Woody's (obviously) see how it works out.

Canadian Chris

Feb 28, 2002
Nanaimo, BC
Visit site
Currently, I've got the Easton Synergy Grip, the yellow one, not gold, 110 flex, shannahan pattern. I've also got an Easton Si-core, 110 flex, Modano pattern.

I like both, but definitely the grip a little more. Still trying to get used to a slightly different lie in the Modano.

I'm looking at going back to a Mission M-1 too...LOVED that stick....either that, or maybe getting a Vapor XXX as I can do pro deals through both Bauer and Mission, and get the sticks dirt cheap

justsomeguy

Sep 2, 2004
I've got an all-wood, straight-bladed Christian. Well, two actually. Have had them for a long time. Bought a half-dozen at a closeout about ten years ago.

Anyone know if you can till get adult sized straight-bladed wood sticks anymore? I'm sure if you want to buy a dozen you can get 'em somewhere but I'm gonna but mine a couple at a time. At my age each season could be my last.

Cappy76

Sponsor
Sep 1, 2005
London, Kentucky
I got and easton Stealth and i love it!!!! my shots harder, more accurate and i can get off shots so much faster and i finally found my slapshot with this stick!

Qui Gon Dave

Aug 3, 2005
Cheshire, England
ice berg slim said:
Mission Dangler, Easton Octane

I used to use a Mission Dangler all the time and loved using it, especially for stickhandling and wrist shots. But for some reason, i think because of the curve of the shaft, i had difficulty getting a decent slapshot from it. That was the only problem i ever had with it. Otherwise it was great and the most durable shaft i have ever owned (still got it after a few years).

Octanes i used to like, cheap, decent performance, you know what you're getting. But i broke one every 5-6 weeks for a good few months. I'm not that big or strong, i guess the 80 flex was still too weak for me.

So instead of getting another Octane, a few months ago i splashed out (kind of) on an Rbk 5K snake grip shaft and have loved using it ever since. It doesn't feel like its weakened much since i bought it, my slapshot is flying now, wrist shots are still great and its nice and lightweight. When/if it ever breaks i'm pretty certain i'll buy another one. The only reason i wont is if i find someone over here who sells Innovative shafts. I'd love to try a Novius out but im not sure about importing a stick.

Pothier

Aug 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Right now I am using a Special Edition Sherwood Eclipse 1-piece Composite that was only available at a certain pro shop here in Ottawa. It's got 77 flex and the Spezza blade pattern. It only cost $80 but the first time I used it, I snapped it right in half. So I returned the stick, no problems, and got a replacement. I've been using the stick for about a month now and I absolutely love it. My backup stick is a Bauer Vapor XX 1-piece Composite, that is in rough shape to be honest (I bought it in July 04' what can you expect!). It also has 77 flex and has the Jokinen blade pattern.

I also have a 50-flex Z-Bubble that I use for Ball Hockey. It has a Easton Focus Flex Yzerman blade on it. I have a realllly long extension in the end of it. Road hockey, I use a wooden Sher-Wood, Bourque blade pattern. And finally, for Pond Hockey, I use a wooden Nike Lecavalier pattern.

My favourite stick that I have used is probably the Vapor XX. It is so durable and I could really feel a difference in my stickhandling and my shot. Once my current Vapor XX breaks, I'm probably going to purchase the Ottawa 67's Special Edition Vapor XX. They're selling for less than face value.

HFNHL Commish

Feb 28, 2002
Easton Z-Carbon (wood) - Modano pattern, 90 flex. It takes me a long time to get comfortable with a stick, so I just went and bought a horde of these from Hockey Monkey. ;)

Dr GLU

Mar 1, 2002
Northern Hemisphere
I use two Innovative Novius shafts. When I play D, I use a standard, 300 flex paired with a wood Bauer P106 blade (Jokinen/Linden). When I play up, I use a tapered 380 flex paired with a Easton Hybrid Synthesis Modano (which I hate, but I'm cheap).

Qui Gon Dave

Aug 3, 2005
Cheshire, England
GLU said:
I use two Innovative Novius shafts. When I play D, I use a standard, 300 flex paired with a wood Bauer P106 blade (Jokinen/Linden). When I play up, I use a tapered 380 flex paired with a Easton Hybrid Synthesis Modano (which I hate, but I'm cheap).

With Innovative, are the higher flex numbers the more flexible sticks or not (im sure i remember reading somewhere that the numbers representing stick flex go the opposite direction to most brands).

Also, how have you found reliability/durability? I've heard reports that the Novius has great performance/feel, just not heard much about the rest of its attributes.

Avant-Gardien

May 6, 2005
Cambridge, MA
doot doo goalie sticks:

Been using a CCM Heaton 10 Biron pattern for a couple of years now, and just switched to the RBK 6K Joseph pattern. Great stick with a nice little toe curve on it, not too open. Lays nicely in the butterfly and gives enough leverage to rim it up and around the boards.

pitthockey81

Apr 5, 2004
Pittsburgh, PA
Mylec street with one of those plastic blades you can bend into an 8" curve.

Synergy SL...incredibly light, but I seem to have lost some feel for the puck. My slap shot and wrister has more velocity, but I can't find the sweet spot for snap shots, which is driving me nuts since thats primarily what I use. My former stick was a TPS Tricore shaft with a Vector blade, until I snapped it a month ago. Probably the best combo I've ever used, and I will probably be going back to it soon.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Qui Gon Dave said:
With Innovative, are the higher flex numbers the more flexible sticks or not (im sure i remember reading somewhere that the numbers representing stick flex go the opposite direction to most brands).

Also, how have you found reliability/durability? I've heard reports that the Novius has great performance/feel, just not heard much about the rest of its attributes.

The higher the number, the more flex, for Inno sticks. I've heard they do their flex rating based on a "bow" in the stick. With a certain amount of pressure (on all their sticks) they measure how much of a bow it has and thats why the higher the number, the more the flex. I really liked my Novius. I had a 300 Kovy, which was great. Some people have had issues with it torquing a bit, and I did as well, which is why I unloaded it, but if you aren't "hard" on alot of sticks and tend to be a smoother shooter it shouldn't be much of a problem.

As to the Striaght Bladed Christians, not sure if they are available or not for retail, I know they have a fair bit of retail patterns, but they also start their custom orders at a minimum of 6, so thats an option as well.

Johnny Postman

Nov 24, 2004
Hudson, NH
I use a Pro Stock Easton Synergy (the silver one) Glen Murray curve, which I got for $90 U.S. I love the stick although I can't score like he does. :biglaugh:

I'm currently trying to save enough pennies for a back up in case my baby becomes a casualty.

Lord ZipLock

Aug 7, 2005
I use an easton ultra lite flex 110, also have an easton octane a tps redline an easton v-flex(good stick), and an easton e-flex i think(my oldest stick about 5 years old)

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Had to run out and buy a temporary stick for my game tonight as the Car I went in had no sticks. I scored a decent Quest 2 wood stick 300 flex, Pm66 (I love my Drury clones) for $17 at Canadian Tire. Not bad at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad