Speculation: What Jets forward will scratched the most this season?

Festinator

Apr 6, 2016
Calgary
Tanev if he's not with the moose. If not him, then Petan with his laughably low shot %. He's not good enough to slot anywhere into the top 9, except maybe at 3C but someone is gonna have to show me some stats showing that he can be good there defensively before i'd be willing to put him there over Lowry, and Mo is probably gonna put Matthias in the lineup over Petan, which i personally don't have a problem with because Matthias can actually produce some kind of offense without the man advantage and put the puck in the net at a rate higher than Petan's 1.8%.

I think Petan needs to be traded, unfortunately. I believe Roslovic will succeed at the 3C spot before Petan does, and there's no space for him on the wings on this team.

Edit: You know what, Put Petan on the moose and just have him be the first call-up so he's not wasting away in the press box.

Last edited:

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
It will be one of Tanev, Mathias or the new guy. While I don't put it past Moe to send Petan to the PB regularly Chevy isn't going to let that happen. Petan will either be playing regular minutes in the Jets or Moose.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
He's going to retire?

Obviously not. I just feel Petan is not going to get an opportunity in Winnipeg. While he has not shown a ton yet he has not really been put in a position to succeed either. He is being passed on the depth chart and likely does not see getting an opportunity in Winnipeg. I can see him asking (quietly) for a trade sometime during the year.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Obviously not. I just feel Petan is not going to get an opportunity in Winnipeg. While he has not shown a ton yet he has not really been put in a position to succeed either. He is being passed on the depth chart and likely does not see getting an opportunity in Winnipeg. I can see him asking (quietly) for a trade sometime during the year.

Someone should let Petan know that he has been included in almost every trade proposal on the Jets board. I'm sure that would give him hope for the future. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad