What jersey number do you wear and why?

yotesfan92

Dec 21, 2005
I used to wear 97 because I really liked roenick as a kid, then I switched to 92 for no real reason, and now I am 48 for Danny Briere, because I have the exact same playing style. Small, Fast, Finesse with a little aggression

Geogaddi

Book Hockey
Nov 2, 2005
Dallas
Mainly 12 for Peter Bondra. The main reason i got into hockey when he was a rookie. Gotta give credit to the guy whom started my craze.

Doctor Hook

Mar 11, 2006
Boston
I was thinking that goalies can wear number 1, any number in the 20s above 26, and any number in the 30s-40s.

Any other number, and they'd be an anomaly.

technophile

Oct 10, 2005
Austin, TX
www.randomtree.org
I didn't pick a number until this year (first organized hockey). I was going to go with 13, because it's my wife's birthday (1/13/79), but someone on the team already had it. So I went with 79 instead.

In some ways, 79 is a better number anyway; virtually nobody else has it, and nobody really famous ever used it, so there's no issue there. It's all me. :)

Last edited:

WesMantooth

Jan 7, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
From 8th to 12th grade, I wore #92 for Rick Tocchet. I started playing in 8th grade right after Tocchet was traded to the Pens. Tocchet went back to 22 that next season, but I stuck with my 92.

After that, I switched to #2 at the PSU intramural leagues. Then when I played for Pitt, I picked #29 because I couldn't get #92 back. I also have a jersey that had #44 on it for some reason, I guess some other pick-up league I was in.

jacK

Sep 18, 2005
Michigan
#98, Kariya & Selanne are my 2 favorite players and are magic together, so I just combined their #s.

Lux Aurumque*

I've worn #27 (My birthday) and #12 (For Peter Bondra, my all-time favorite player).

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
I've had a lot of numbers over the years.

96 was the first I ever wore, Bure with the Canucks.

7 was my own personal favourite, but I got bored.

Since then I've wore quite a bit of numbers..

10 (Bure), 14 (Samsonov with the Bruins), 79 (Yashin)

And #57. Just because I was absolutely in love with Jozef Balej and he wore it with the Habs. He got traded tho and never really broke out, but anyway I'm wearing this season to honour him. Had the skills to be up there with the Bondra's, Stastny's and Hossa's of Slovakia. Maybe one day he'll put it all together who knows.

I also wore 76 (Balej's AHL number) for a short stint.

I like unique numbers better so I'll probably stick to 57, fits me pretty well.

barfy2000

Jun 23, 2005
Whitby, Ontario
I currently wear 3, cuz thats what i was given but have also worn:

4 because its my lucky number, 8 because i was born on the 8th, and 9 because of paul kariya....well i guess thats not too many...

Adam91

Dec 19, 2005
Toronto
91- stands out, original(only on teams with custom jerseys)
27- Kovalev
18- Hossa, just like how it looks on a hockey jersey lol
14- just seems like a fast number for some reason

Witter

Jan 11, 2006
Long isle
I've worn 12 one year, 14 for like 3, recently stepped to 17 because im feeling odd numbers so i decided 17 or 19

Seth Lake

Jun 28, 2005
Nashville, TN
#12 in honor of Ken Gernander from the Hartford Wolf*Pack/New York Rangers organization. Ultimate team player and a leader by example, Gernander was truly a classy player and one I always looked up to.

Goalie_Gal

Jul 15, 2006
I wear 80 because it's what they gave me (I joined the team after everyone else). If I had a choice I'd wear 27, because it's the number I wore in field hockey, and because I refuse to wear 30, 33, 35... typical goalie numbers, too boring. :p:

Sock Monkey

May 4, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
I wear 11 on my Thursday team because it is slimming along with our black jerseys. :) Really, I wore 11 in football.

I will wear number 4 on my new Sunday team because my little girl will be 4 shortly after session starts and she'll really like that I did that for her. Guess she's the center of my universe. :bow:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->