What jersey number do you wear and why?

Doctor Hook

Mar 11, 2006
Boston
That's interesting how a lot of the reasons were because of a particular player you admired. Thought I was the only one like that:)

Now if only I could grow a wispy red mustache like Wesley in the late 80s/early 90s...

stick9

Aug 12, 2004
That's interesting how a lot of the reasons were because of a particular player you admired. Thought I was the only one like that:)

Now if only I could grow a wispy red mustache like Wesley in the late 80s/early 90s...

Not the case here. There is no way I would wear 99. Although I did end up getting it default one year. We (as in my buddy and me) were late getting to the rink the night they gave out the jerseys. I swear he likes being late....but anyway. There were only two numbers left. He picked up 99 and said no way I am wearing that and grabbed the other one. So I we left wearing the Great One's tag. Man I got a lot of attention that season.

I wear either 7 or 9, but I'll take 13, 17 or 19. 7 is a cool number, 9 for Howe and Gretz, 13 because it spooky, 17 is my birthday, and 19 because of all the greats who've worn it.

vcx*

I always wore 27 as a forward, 9 as a defenseman. No real reason why, my memory might be foggy but i think my dad told me to wear 27 cuz mario wore it as a kid and 9 i just like.

Joretus

First jersey was 24 at age of 5-6 because of Makarov. Then later on when changed to more competive team I had 15&16. Had some reasons back then, can't remember anymore. I would never use number like 66, even if I would be in NHL as same playing partners are/were I wouldn't do it. Legends should have their numbers and just them.

Reckless Abandon*

31 and 17.

They cover every position that I could play in any sport, and they are my 2 favorite numbers.

Higgy4

Jan 18, 2004
Toledo, Ohio
I have worn #4 since I first put on a pair of skates. I wore it because I was a huge fan of Tony Horvath, who was a defensman for the now defunct IHL Toledo Goaldiggers. I have never NOT had the #4.

Funny thing is that Horvath stayed here in Toledo after his playing days were over and I have actually become quite friendly with him over the years. We coach in the same leagues occassionally and we always talk to each other when we are at the rink.

Tbone54

Jul 3, 2006
My Order is 54 - Just like the number...
4 - from when was about 10 used to wear this number all the time..
and got a new number this year 44... because 54 and 4 were taken...

Polska

May 25, 2004
Vancouver
Ppl always nicknamed me Pavel, or the Polish Rocket or something to that effect, so after a while I switched from 97 to 10 and I've stuck with it. Obviously being a big fan had a lot to do with switching and sticking with it all these years.
<<<<

Last edited:

JonathanK

McOptimistic
Aug 1, 2005
Edmonton, AB
i'm wearing 17 this year because the numbers for my team are 2-19, but for spring hockey i wear #21 because Jason Smith is one of my favorite all time d-men and it's also a great looking number IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad