What is your Team of the Decade?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
No I meant I'm baffled at how you managed to Auba over Suarez. Yet you followed it up with Neymar,Ibra and Kun over Suarez. Which is hilarious.
Auba is better than Suarez, whereas Neymar, Ibrah, and Aguero are all better than Auba. Common sense bruv.

Iniesta - Modric
Xavi was better than Iniesta and Modric. Xavi might go down as one of the best Espana players of all time.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Auba is better than Suarez, whereas Neymar, Ibrah, and Aguero are all better than Auba. Common sense bruv.

Xavi was better than Iniesta and Modric. Xavi might go down as one of the best Espana players of all time.
Nothing about that makes any sense. Kun isn’t better than Suarez. Auba being better is laughable. Just look at their production.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Nothing about that makes any sense. Kun isn’t better than Suarez. Auba being better is laughable. Just look at their production.
Lets simplify it because we're talking about too many players here...

I consider Aguero better than everyone we've discussed and thus why he is better than Suarez.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Lets simplify it because we're talking about too many players here...

I consider Aguero better than everyone we've discussed and thus why he is better than Suarez.
I’ll make it even more simple for you Suárez is better than Kun who’s better than Auba.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
In what way is he better than the glorious Kun?

He's a better finisher, better in the build up play and not injury prone. Kun is my 3rd favorite player of all time but he's clearly not better than Suarez. That much is obvious. Yet the original argument was not Kun but Auba who still havent gotten a response as to how he's better than Suarez.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Auba, who is very good but has never won a league trophy. Has only won the Pokal in his entire career. One shared golden boot too.

Suarez, who is world class (but definitely beginning to decline) and was for many seasons, who nearly led a team to a league win by playing at near Messi level, who won the golden boot in three different leagues, who won an international tournament this decade, who won leagues, who won the CL, etc.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Auba, who is very good but has never won a league trophy. Has only won the Pokal in his entire career.

Suarez, who is world class (but definitely beginning to decline) and was for many seasons, who nearly led a team to a league win by playing at near Messi level, who won the golden boot in three different leagues, who won an international tournament this decade, who won leagues, who won the CL, etc.
If you put Auba in the same situation as what Suarez had, he would've won five golden boots and multiple leagues.

And lol at the international comment, if Auba was a sellout like 99% of the rest of African players and played for France, he would be starting over Benzema and would've won a trillion trophies. But the lad decided to go to his roots and play for Gabon. That is major respect, that right there makes him better than Suarez.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Auba, who is very good but has never won a league trophy. Has only won the Pokal in his entire career. One shared golden boot too.

Hence my bewilderment. I mean what’s the point in even having these discussions with some. I’m better speaking with my nephew about footy. He’s 4

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
If you put Auba in the same situation as what Suarez had, he would've won five golden boots and multiple leagues.

And lol at the international comment, if Auba was a sellout like 99% of the rest of African players and played for France, he would be starting over Benzema and would've won a trillion trophies. But the lad decided to go to his roots and play for Gabon. That is major respect, that right there makes him better than Suarez.

The team he played on LFC was better than Arsenal or dortmund lol? A trillion trophies really I guess he’s the best of all time lol

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Auba isn't in those positions because he isn't as good or as gifted as Suarez. Not as good with the ball and didn't work as hard off the ball. There's only a few players who work as hard as Suarez. That's just how it is.

Not only is he simply not as good but he isn't even close to as good. There's a reason Auba is playing for Arsenal and not Barcelona. You can point out whatever stats you want to point out. Look at what the players have won, what teams they played for, and you have your answer. Some of you don't value winning nearly enough. That's really all that matters.

But there's still people who think that a team that hasn't lost in 33 games has an average midfield, so...

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
1 super year from VVD and it gets him on the team over the likes of Ramos, pique, Silva seems far fetched. Considering how much those guys won and how integral they were to their teams.
He's had like 4 elite seasons now.

Even dating back to his last year with Celtic, he was a 1 man wrecking crew.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
He's had like 4 elite seasons now.

Even dating back to his last year with Celtic, he was a 1 man wrecking crew.

He was good his first couple seasons at Southampton, but nowhere near where he was last year, which let’s be real is absolutely an outlier year for him. He’s still elite currently but last year was his peak season and I don’t think we see him perform like that for a full season again.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
He was good his first couple seasons at Southampton, but nowhere near where he was last year, which let’s be real is absolutely an outlier year for him. He’s still elite currently but last year was his peak season and I don’t think we see him perform like that for a full season again.
He was on the same level, I remember reading an analysis that he was the top PL defender those seasons. If he was an Ajax player, he would've got more respect early in his career.

Even Klopp himself said the following:

Jurgen Klopp says Liverpool are a 'proper force'

"But now it is clarified, the level he is at. He was the same level at Southampton, but the whole world was not watching."

Reactions: YNWA14

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Preface: I will never have Suarez in any team I ever make...

Ronaldo -Lew - Messi
Xavi - Pirlo- Iniesta
Marcelo - Ramos - Chiellini - Alves
Buffon

HM: Neuer, Kante, Aguero, Neymar, VVD, Robben, Ribery, Modric.... List could go on for ever, it was a really solid decade.

Reactions: Juve

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
He was on the same level, I remember reading an analysis that he was the top PL defender those seasons. If he was an Ajax player, he would've got more respect early in his career.

Even Klopp himself said the following:

Jurgen Klopp says Liverpool are a 'proper force'

He was really good at Southampton I’m not arguing otherwise. I’m just saying the level he was at last year was more of an outlier than this and previous seasons were.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
He was really good at Southampton I’m not arguing otherwise. I’m just saying the level he was at last year was more of an outlier than this and previous seasons were.
Was it though? As soon as he joined LFC they went on some huge clean streak run (with freaking Karius) in the league and made the CL finals.

I don't think it's an outlier.

Reactions: YNWA14

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Was it though? As soon as he joined LFC they went on some huge clean streak run (with freaking Karius) in the league and made the CL finals.

I don't think it's an outlier.

Well I would think so. He’s been great this year but clearly not at the same level as last year. Which is still one of the 2 best, if not the best CB in the world.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->