Giroux - Tavares - Marner
Seguin - Schiefele - O'Reilly
Point

Rielly - Doughty
Vlasic - Burns
Giordano - Subban
Letang

Holtby/Price

Point who scored more goals this season than any other player from this list is not even on the 4th line.
While Marner (with his what 5 goals?) is on the 3rd.
So I guess Toronto uniform automatically adds 12+ goals to any player who wears it.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
Point who scored more goals this season than any other player from this list is not even on the 4th line.
So I guess Toronto uniform now automatically adds 12+ goals to a player stats.
I don't think anyone is going to the extent of making lines. I didn't. I just put all the people on the team that I thought should be.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
McDavid and Schiefele would definitely be on a line together

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think anyone is going to the extent of making lines. I didn't. I just put all the people on the team that I thought should be.
well, it was not answer to your post. I have no problem with your proposal to put Point on the same line with Marner. But I certainly do not follow the logic of "Marner is in, while Point is out of the lineup".

Mattavarner

Apr 17, 2014
So I guess Toronto uniform automatically adds 12+ goals to any player who wears it.
Judging Marner on his goal scoring ability is ridiculous, he leads the league in primary assists, hes a playmaker
People have different opinions, that just happens to be mine

Reactions: Dude Wheres Makar

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
well, it was not answer to your post. I have no problem with your proposal to put Point on the same line with Marner. But I certainly do not follow the logic of "Marner is in, while Point is out of the lineup".
It certainly isn't as egregious as you are trying to make it be. But trying to say Marner shouldn't be on the team because of his goal scoring is obviously you shifting goal posts to make Marner look worse then he is. You can argue that Point should be on the team(He should) without knocking other players down without an actual reason.

Palio

Dec 9, 2015

Or it could be that Marner is 3rd in the NHL in scoring, and the center on his line also centers his line on the Leafs? Pick someone else to go after, Marner deserves to be there

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
Judging Marner on his goal scoring ability is ridiculous, he leads the league in primary assists, hes a playmaker
People have different opinions, that just happens to be mine

Tom Wilson has higher PPG than McDavid. He is clearly a better playmaker. Should've put him on the 1st line with Marner. While McDavid and Point can watch the game from the press box and learn from the best.

^ typical comical situation on HF, when HF poster does not understand statistics. And suggests typical HF "brilliant" conclusion like: "assists are more important than goals" or "player A have more assists means he is better playmaker than player B".

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
Hall McDavid McKinnon
Tavares Crosby Schiefele
Marner Point Marchand
M. Tkachuk Monahan O'Reilly
Duchene Seguin

Reilly Burns
Giordano Letang
Vlasic Doughty
Subban

Holtby
Dubnyk
MAF
I would think Tkachuk would play for Team USA. I don't see Monahan being a fit for the Olympics. Too one-dimensional.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Marner will 100% be there. You cant just have a lineup of shooters, marner is one of the best playmakers in the league, hes there in the top 9 100%

Reactions: jj cale

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
It certainly isn't as egregious as you are trying to make it be. But trying to say Marner shouldn't be on the team because of his goal scoring is obviously you shifting goal posts to make Marner look worse then he is. You can argue that Point should be on the team(He should) without knocking other players down without an actual reason.

Having three times more goals than a competitor, while being the best in goals among all the players on the roster and still being out of lineup is literally egregious.

Leafs Fan 12

Jan 20, 2011
Tom Wilson has higher PPG than McDavid. He is clearly a better playmaker. Should've put him on the 1st line with Marner. While McDavid and Point can watch the game from the press box and learn from the best.

^ typical comical situation on HF, when HF poster does not understand statistics. And suggests typical HF "brilliant" conclusion like: "assists are more important than goals" or "player A have more assists means he is better playmaker than player B".

So what do you suggest we use to measure who the better play maker is besides assists? And I hope you realize that Marner was put on that line because he has chemistry with JT and some of the players get picked based on chemistry (see Kunitz making 2014 Olympic team).

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Mitch Marner / Connor McDavid / Nathan Mackinnon
Brad Marchand / Sidney Crosby / Patrice Bergeron
Jamie Benn / John Tavares / Tyler Seguin
Taylor Hall / Mark Scheifele / Mark Stone

HM: Point/O'Reilly/Giroux

Morgan Rielly / Drew Doughty
Mark Giordano / PK Subban
Marc-Edouard Vlasic / Brent Burns

HM: Chabot/Letang

Braeden Holtby
Marc Andre Fleury

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
So what do you suggest we use to measure who the better play maker is besides assists? And I hope you realize that Marner was put on that line because he has chemistry with JT and some of the players get picked based on chemistry (see Kunitz making 2014 Olympic team).

I suggest that we use some common sense and reality checks.
I have no problem with the chemistry approach if you put Point on the roster as well.
If you put Marner and left Point out - that's the home bias, statistics cherry picking and does not make any sense.

Mattavarner

Apr 17, 2014
I suggest that we use some common sense and reality checks.
I have no problem with the chemistry approach if you put Point on the roster as well.
If you put Marner and left Point out - that's the home bias, statistics cherry picking and does not make any sense.
ok, good to know "common sense and reality checks" make Point a better playmaker than Marner
how exactly does one measure "common sense and reality checks"? Im not too familiar with those advanced stats

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
ok, good to know "common sense and reality checks" make Point a better playmaker than Marner
how exactly does one measure "common sense and reality checks"? Im not too familiar with those advanced stats

maybe, just may be, by checking other stats as well, not only primary assists?

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
Hall McDavid McKinnon
Tavares Crosby Schiefele
Marner Point Marchand
M. Tkachuk Monahan O'Reilly
Duchene Seguin

Reilly Burns
Giordano Letang
Vlasic Doughty
Subban

Holtby