What is your preference, Centre Ice or Game Centre

shakazuzu

Feb 28, 2007
i had Game Center for the past two seasons and the frame rate is horrible. i went with HockeyStreams this year and i couldn't be happier. my advice would be to pay for the one day pass at HockeyStreams and check it out.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Since all the Sens regional broadcasts are blacked out for me, I had Center Ice for years. Back when it was a flat rate for CI for the year, it was a decent enough deal - but for the last few years Rogers has refused to sell you CI alone, and forced you to sign up for the super sports pack ($35/mo now, I think) which is basically all the major league versions of CI. I just don't give a **** about the other sports, so it was a total waste.
I have basic Cable from Rogers and I couldn't just rent the TSN package without having VIP Cable either. So I stream and am quite content without giving Rogers more money.

If Sportsnet wasn't on Basic Cable, I would say bye bye to Rogers all together, but I would miss my PVR's.

I wish Streaming was in HD!

Snick

Mar 3, 2006
Ottawa
I was checking the guide on Rogers today and it looks like there is a free preview on as of today, but I don't know for how long. It's showing that the Washington-Chicago game is on at 8 pm tonight on channel 461.

Jasper

Mar 16, 2002
So it sounds like hockeystreams is blackout free?

I had Game Center last year and it seemed to have some strange blackouts, i.e. for games that were definitely not on any possible tv channels around here. I have a VPN and that only seemed to work around the blackouts some of the time. GC was also a bit glitchy.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I have Game center live and I loveddd it. I would watch on Xbox too and the quality was absolutely brilliant. HD baby.

Sometimes it would buffer but I would switch feeds with back button then swtich back and everything back to normal.

I absolutely loved it so much I had to spend 150 again even as a broke student living in Toronto.

Jkz, I gt mulla

Healfezza

Sep 9, 2008
Red Deer
One more vote for Hockeystreams!

I just picked it up for the first time this year and love it. Since I live in Ottawa the blackout restrictions have been keeping me from getting Gamecenter for the last couple years (yes I know, you can proxy but I didn't feel like going through the trouble) but with Hockeystreams I don't have to worry about it.

With the DVR I can catch up to a game if I start late or watch it the next day or just watch live.

Anyone even know how Hockeystreams can get around blackouts and still be legal? Curious.

Cat Herder

Formerly BigSensFan
Sep 21, 2006
Belle River,On
One more vote for Hockeystreams!

I just picked it up for the first time this year and love it. Since I live in Ottawa the blackout restrictions have been keeping me from getting Gamecenter for the last couple years (yes I know, you can proxy but I didn't feel like going through the trouble) but with Hockeystreams I don't have to worry about it.

With the DVR I can catch up to a game if I start late or watch it the next day or just watch live.

Anyone even know how Hockeystreams can get around blackouts and still be legal? Curious.

I emailed and asked them. They are legit they say because they are in a region that the NHL does not have rights (Finland I think).

Nairbo

Nov 15, 2010
Does HockeyStreams use GCL as its feeds? If so I imagine their delays are a lot longer than 1-3 seconds?

The only thing holding me back from getting GCL is that 30-60 second delay

senorchang

Sep 15, 2011
Id highly recommend hockeystreams. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-F5ripwq92M especially for my purposes as I was able to download edit that easily. the quality is great as far as I have seen, very good frame rate as I am able to do slow motion stuff.

they have more games than gamecenter no blackouts plus all chl and ahl games as well as all hockey documentaries. they also have multiple feeds most games.

they usually broadcast from live tv so I dont think theres too much of a delay although some are from gamecenter. flash live says its 5-15 seconds delay and flash dvr is like 30-45. flash dvr allows you to pause and rewind etc.

best part is you can stream to vlc which makes for an even better viewing experience.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad