What is your personal biggest "WTF?!!" moment in video games?

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
KOTOR was incredible. I've tried dipping back in a few times but never get very far.

I remember playing through that and Jade Empire on the Xbox. Totally made that console worth having.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I think the most frustrating wtf was Hitman blood money, when I realized you die at the end and the credits are rolling, and the second most frustrating wtf, when I returned it to the blockbuster and found out that I didn't die, just had to wiggle the analog sticks to get out of the coffin.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
The Joker twist with the game pretending to be reset in Batman Arkham Asylum was a good, recent mind****.

Ha yeah I remember that really getting me I reset the game and was getting all pissed off because I was actually having my original PS3's gpu slowly dying and I thought that sealed the deal.

Replayed the game recently and for a second it almost got me again.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Alien Isolation. Thought there was only gonna be 1 Alien with the Developers talking about it being more like Alien then Aliens. Then late in the game you go down to the engine room and BAM.. a nest. Scary sh** had me pretty freaked out knowing my impending doom.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
The Joker twist with the game pretending to be reset in Batman Arkham Asylum was a good, recent mind****.

This was the first thing to pop into my head. It's the first and only time a game has freaked me out outside the context of the game itself. I've been startled by Dead Space and Amnesia and whatever other horror games I've played, but Arkham Asylum actually had me thinking my computer up and died on me.

Honorable mention to Modern Warfare for killing off the guy you were playing as with the nuke. I forget the specifics, but remember fighting to the helicopter to get extracted, them the nuke goes off. And you have to crawl out of the wreckage before you keel over. I'm not a huge CoD fan but that moment was amazing.

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
Alien Isolation was super underrated. Game was very tense with the robots and the Aliens

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Sephiroth killing Aeris/Aerith, for sure. The best part about that was that I was watching my friend play it (I didn't have a PlayStation at the time) and he named all of the characters after his family & friends...he named Aeris after his mother. wahwuh.wav

More recently it has to be Bioshock Infinite. That ending is glorious. The original Bioshock, too. Two of the best twists in gaming history in one series, pretty absurd.

A more negative 'wtf' moment would be the bait and switch with MGS2, which infuriated me to the point of returning the game.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
The first ever video game mind**** for me was the original Donkey Kong Country. King K Rool "dying" and you think you beat the game and then he gets back up to fight again.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Alien Isolation. Thought there was only gonna be 1 Alien with the Developers talking about it being more like Alien then Aliens. Then late in the game you go down to the engine room and BAM.. a nest. Scary sh** had me pretty freaked out knowing my impending doom.

The actual ending really shocked the hell outta me. Gotta be a sequel I think?

Alien Isolation was super underrated. Game was very tense with the robots and the Aliens

This. I played it on an Oculus Rift. Scared the **** outta me

Also wanna give a shout out to pretty much every thing in this game:

Eternal-Darkness_Cube_US_ESRB.jpg

Common Sense

Dec 29, 2010
Alien: Isolation was great for a few hours, but man it turns into a drag once you have the flamethrower and figure out the limitations of the alien AI.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
Bioshock Infinite for just mind**** of an ending for me.

As far as being incredibly scared, the winner would be the haunted hotel level in Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines.

And for insanely scary atmospheres, that has to go to the labs in the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series. You're just always at the edge of your seat and you jump at the slightest noise in that game.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Outlast Whistleblower. Not an omg what a twist! or wtf I didn’t expect that character to do this..

more a.. what the actual f is this, this is gross, or a disturbing wtf ..

When you go into The Grooms compound and see his weird pregnant man figure thing…its pretty messed up

Whiplash27

Quattro!!
Jan 25, 2007
Westchester, NY
Definitely the Revan reveal in Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic.

This one

This one was also a big one for me.

What a game! Once you got passed the fact that it ran like ass on 90% of graphics cards, but worth it!
I really want to try to replay it again, but every time I start I have a hard time getting past the graphics and interface.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
This one

I really want to try to replay it again, but every time I start I have a hard time getting past the graphics and interface.

It has definitely not aged well.

Honestly, it would be a fantastic candidate for a re-master. Both of them, actually.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->