What is your personal biggest "WTF?!!" moment in video games?

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
For me, it would have to be when I beat the first Metroid game for the first time and found out that Samus was a girl.

It was early on a Saturday morning, and I literally yelled "NO WAY!!!" so loud, I woke my parents up :laugh:

I honestly could not wait for Monday morning to come so I could tell everyone at school, that the super cool, rocket launching, laser blasting, bomb laying alien destroyer that we all wanted to be, was actually a chick :laugh:

Interesting side note: Apparently, Samus is modeled after Kim Basinger.

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
Hate to actually say the stuff.

Chrono Cross: Dragon Gods
Breath of Fire III: End of "young" Ryu story
KOTOR: Revan
SPEC OPS: Konrad

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
latest

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Bioshock is up there with its big twist. To quote a recent video game, you get played like a god damn fiddle. I'm not sure what is more shocking; the twist itself, or how masterfully it's laid out with it basically being in front of your face the whole time

Life is Strange is another good one. The end of episode 4 in particular. You're expecting **** to go down once you get to the junkyard, but i don't think you expect how it blindsides you, and then really screws with your mind when it reveals who was behind all the dark **** going on. The end of 3 is pretty shocking too in retrospect.

Last edited:

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
Bioshock is up there with its big twist. To quote a recent video game, you get played like a god damn fiddle. I'm not sure what is more shocking; the twist itself, or how masterfully it's laid out with it basically being in front of your face the whole time

Life is Strange is another good one. The end of episode 4 in particular. You're expecting **** to go down once you get to the junkyard, but i don't think you expect how it blindsides you, and then really screws with your mind when it reveals who was behind all the dark **** going on. The end of 3 is pretty shocking too in retrospect.

Life is Strange was so damn good.

TJ21

SURVIVED JIMBOCALYPSE - 12/5/2021
Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
Bioshock Infinite. I knew something was coming, just didn't know it was that. And like was said, it was all laid out in a fantastic way.

Zodiac

Jul 6, 2003
probably Ghosts n Goblins on the NES.

killing the final boss and finding out that you have to play through the game twice in a row in order to see the ending was a pretty good 'WTF' moment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->