What is your opinion of Craig Button?

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Button on juniors is... somewhat interesting. He's good for the information but I'd ignore his conclusions based on said information and make my own instead. He also has big trouble changing his evaluations when evidence to the contrary appears.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
I enjoy his takes but he is a sell out click bait hack.

How is he either of those? He's wrong on some jr picks for example but he's clearly passionate about the game and tries to at least back up what he says as best he can. Not like that Jeff O'Neil guy who just spouts off angry stuff :popcorn:

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Comes across as personable. Sometimes I agree with what he's saying and other times I have no idea what he's talking about. There are moments where I wonder how he got a job in hockey. None of those moments comes to mind immediately though.

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
How is he either of those? He's wrong on some jr picks for example but he's clearly passionate about the game and tries to at least back up what he says as best he can. Not like that Jeff O'Neil guy who just spouts off angry stuff :popcorn:

The thing is ODog is nothing like Button and shouldn't be compared as such. ODog is a passionate hockey player and a die hard Leaf fan who broadcasts in the Leafs region, the largest hockey market in the world.

I can understand why you wouldn't like him but at least understand why he is on the air

yourbestfriend

May 28, 2010
He's more knowledgeable than every single poster on this board.
If any of us had to go onto national TV and voice our opinions on prospects, players or teams, we'd look like total idiots.

Is he going to get everything right? Hell no and that's not the expectation, but it's nice to have someone stray away from main stream opinions and stick to his guns regardless if anyone agrees with him or not.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
He's like a bad relationship that I keep going back to despite my better judgement :laugh:

That said, he is light years ahead of MacLean & Kypreos in terms of people I enjoy watching on TV

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad