What is Your Guess of a Bergevin "Re-Tool"?

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Pacioretty - Drouin - Gallagher
Perron - Kesler - Shaw
Lekhonen - Danault - Hudon
DLo - Pleks - Byron
Froese

Johnson - Weber
Alzner - Petry
Benn - Schlemko
Reilly

Price
Niemi

Based on Julien & MB's comments thus far, i suspect we are going to be overpaying for 2-3 vets, none of which will actually address the need we have effectively, and the young talent/depth (Mete, Juulsen, Scherbak, DLR) we do have will be relegated to starting the season as either call-ups (till byron/weber/shaw are healthy) or jettisoned.

Perron @ 6-7M
Johnson @ 5-6M
Galch traded for Kesler & a pick or mid-level prospect

all three would be terrible moves, but on par with reasonable expectations given MB's history, comments and playoff mandate.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Yes, as are expressions like "elite third liner", one of the biggest oxymoron's of them all, right up there with "jumbo shrimp", "clean coal" and "Bergevin smart".

My favorite is 'middle 6 player'. That's just another way to talk about a third line player you particularly like.

And I see the cult of Eller is still going strong. But the God did indeed deliver, so very good for him and his fans.

Eller Akbar!!

Reactions: Lshap

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Pacioretty - Drouin - Gallagher
Perron - Kesler - Shaw
Lekhonen - Danault - Hudon
DLo - Pleks - Byron
Froese

Johnson - Weber
Alzner - Petry
Benn - Schlemko
Reilly

Price
Niemi

Based on Julien & MB's comments thus far, i suspect we are going to be overpaying for 2-3 vets, none of which will actually address the need we have effectively, and the young talent/depth (Mete, Juulsen, Scherbak, DLR) we do have will be relegated to starting the season as either call-ups (till byron/weber/shaw are healthy) or jettisoned.

Perron @ 6-7M
Johnson @ 5-6M
Galch traded for Kesler & a pick or mid-level prospect

all three would be terrible moves, but on par with reasonable expectations given MB's history, comments and playoff mandate.

Please no-0goalInPlayoffs-Perron

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->