What is your favorite Canucks logo/jersey

heutZe

Sep 15, 2010
Norway
Best jersey in team history IMO

I just wish they would go full time to these and make a white version.

0927-van08a-burrows.png

This.

Other than the stick-in-rink logo and the V-patch, it's the thicker white stripes that makes it a better jersey than our home-unis in my opinion.

Make a white version of this one and don't change it!

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Bruins? Red Wings? Habs? A good logo should be simple. If a logo has a bunch of extra crap on it, it means that the foundation of the logo itself was not good enough and thus needed other elements to fill the void.

Good design in every discipline consists of basic elements. A good logo will speak for itself and the stick-in-rink is an example of that. It's not hard to understand why it get's so much praise.

I disagree. Chicago has a great logo and that is far from a simple design. In the Habs case, there is a great deal of history being referenced, thus I understand the simplicity of the CH. What does the stick-in-rink speak of? Not saying it is bad per se, just lacking in soul as someone else mentioned.

stickside

Oct 6, 2007
Favorite Dark: The current.. colors are so sharp. Love the shade of blue used.
Favorite White: The '94 skate... looked so good and clean on TV.

Chalk me up as another that doesn't care for the stick n' rink. So uncreative, with nothing going for it other than nostalgia.. in my humble opinion.

the '94 skate looked so good and and clean on TV cuz the lighting at the Pacific Coliseum was phenomenal in person and on TV.

Seattle Totems

Apr 14, 2010
This.

Other than the stick-in-rink logo and the V-patch, it's the thicker white stripes that makes it a better jersey than our home-unis in my opinion.

Make a white version of this one and don't change it!

Yep.

These stripes have better proportions and are so much more appealing visually. They look fantastic on TV.

The Canucks should thicken the stripes of their home and road Orca to match this uniform at the very least. The stripes on the old jerseys from the 70's were not the best template to go with.

Jack Adams

Mar 20, 2010
St. Louis

I love these. So much so that I own the away dark one. I like the colors scheme and the logo. I've been meaning to get Bure or McLean on it. I liked the home white ones too. The colors jumped out. When I think of the Canucks this is the jersey and colors I think of. I hope you guys go back to these eventually. Is this logo/jersey not liked by the organization?

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Is this logo/jersey not liked by the organization?

It's not that they're disliked by the organization (I think they embrace all of their main designs/colour schemes), it's just that the blue/green/white are our traditional colours and represent the Pacific Northwest.

Personally I like the black/red/yellow colour scheme but wouldn't want to see them wear the logo again because it's too dated. If they were to go back to that look I'd want them to freshen up that logo like they did with the stick-and-rink.

Last edited:

Jonesy1271

Feb 21, 2013
My jerseys

attachment

What about something like this? Kind of a blending of the old 70's uni's with the current alternates

Last edited:

Crows*

The skate logo, particularly the black is so sharp. It's too bad the logo is dated and is a skate. But it's nostalgic and those colors with the black are badass. Makes the team look like a villain. Love it

Alan Jackson

Nov 3, 2005
Langley, BC
As an aside, it realy bothers me that Smyl's #12 jersey in the rafters was changed to the green & blue. Colours he never wore.

I don't know why the current regime seems so down on the downhill skate logo. Many of the best players in our history wore those colours.

How awesome would it be to see the Canucks in those jerseys for a game or two? Maybe it's just me, but I grew up with that logo and I love it.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
The skate logo, particularly the black is so sharp. It's too bad the logo is dated and is a skate. But it's nostalgic and those colors with the black are badass. Makes the team look like a villain. Love it

The Vancouver Villains
emot-yarr.gif

ghvWkms.jpg

fkz0tr0.jpg

wss4Mp6.jpg

bottomlesspop

Nov 14, 2008
Vancouver
the solo johnny head makes sense logically but the actual shape of his head isn't strong graphically. I think that's why they put it in a V currently, to give it a more complete shape.

the stick in rink is a solid shape (rounded rectangle)
laser spaghetti is more or less a circle, which works
birthing whale is kind of weak, top-heavy logo but worked well enough (until they slapped the word VANCOUVER over it which was a huge misstep)

DustyMartellaughs

Flashing the leather.
Jun 12, 2009
Dawson Creek, BC
These jerseys are just incredible... the white pants just... it's win.

All I want, as many do, is for the Canucks to get it right and then just leave it the hell alone for the rest of eternity. This jersey, and a cream road jersey, would be IT. Everything else could be acknowledged occasionally as a retro jersey, but these are just instantly new and classic at the same time. Absolutely perfect.

Stupidity Tries

Feb 22, 2013
My all time favorite is the 40th anniversary jerseys. Glad that I have a Kesler 40th in my jersey collection :)

These should be our home and away jerseys:

van08a-kesler.jpg
van10b-sedind.jpg

These are my favourites too. I like the simplicity of the stick in rink logo and seriously, when you're called the Vancouver Canucks looking for a logo that matches the name is always going to be a hard task.

However, I'll be happy if they just stick to the current ones, I like them even though they're a little cluttered. I'm really not keen on the Johnny Canuck logo, it looks more like a junior team's logo than that of an NHL team to me.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
These jerseys are just incredible... the white pants just... it's win.

All I want, as many do, is for the Canucks to get it right and then just leave it the hell alone for the rest of eternity. This jersey, and a cream road jersey, would be IT. Everything else could be acknowledged occasionally as a retro jersey, but these are just instantly new and classic at the same time. Absolutely perfect.

You should see the reaction on the main boards. It seems like the idea of "good taste" among posters there equates to "CONTEMPORARY ULTRA GRAFX LOL!!!1"

One uneducated fan even went as far as to assume that the Canucks were manufacturing "fake heritage" with this jersey.

:shakehead

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad