What is your favorite arena/city to see the Bruins on the road?

What is your favorite arena to see the Bruins on the road?

• KeyBank Center Buffalo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wells Fargo Center Philadelphia

• Capital One Arena Washington

• United Center Chicago

• PPG Paints Arena Pittsburgh

• Total voters

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
As much as it hate the Habs, I have to give them credit. Fans have always been good when I'm there in my Bruins gear.

MetM

Nov 29, 2009
Ottawa. Because you can always get excellent seats.

This, I live close and I can get first row tickets at good price too.

Montreal , as much as hate the team, is a beautiful city .. and the Bell Center is in another level. They have a sharp angle and the huge crowd feels so close to the ice also.

Vegas.. beautiful arena and you can walk right out after the game to continue the party. Location is perfect.

Killer B

Honey Badger don't care
Aug 28, 2008
Wisconsin
Best places that I've seen the Bruins play
Amalie in Tampa is my favorite. Where else can you see a game in shorts and flip flops? It helps that I've seen 5 games there and the B's won 4 of them!
Nationwide in Columbus. Great stadium, great fans and the area around the stadium is awesome!
Excel Energy - St Paul. Besides my wife getting hit in the head with a puck (in warm ups), an awesome place to see a game. The friendliest fans!

I used to like Chicago but now the prices are insane and the fans are obnoxious as Philly.

Places that look awesome / places I need to see a Bruins game
Las Vegas - What needs to be said. This place looks like a blast to catch a game. You could probably have some fun somewhere after the game as well.
Montreal - I'm looking forward to sitting in that crowd with my O'Reilly jersey on!
TD Garden - I've caught plenty of games in the old Garden but since I relocated in the mid 80's, I've never returned to catch a game in the new TD Garden.

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
I’m going later this month to watch Florida and Tampa.

I know nothing about the arenas

Any insight what to expect

I'm hoping to be at the game on the 25th if everything goes according to plan

Reactions: DKH

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
What an incredible looking venue. So, so close to the action no matter where you are sitting.
I’ve had season tickets for both Boston Garden and the old Madison Square Garden. The latter was, by far, the better. Gave up subscription when Rangers moved to the new Garden at Penn Station. Exact opposite of the old one. Ten rows up from the ice was the equivalent of last seat in stadium level at old MSG.

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
I’m going later this month to watch Florida and Tampa.

I know nothing about the arenas

Any insight what to expect

I’m going later this month to see the Panthers too.

It will be the first away game I’ve been to. Can’t wait.

meliz112

Feb 6, 2018
Boston, MA
I've been to 17/31 arenas with a strong preference for those in the North as I love winter and I like to combo Bruins road trip and skiing.

Vancouver is my favorite arena/city for experience. So much good food and breweries, and the arena was fun. Whistler is amazing and so close to the city.

Calgary was my favorite in terms of the other fans. I was not expecting much of a Bruins presence and was blown away by how many Albertans follow the team. The arena is horrible though, the stairs to climb to the balcony feel unsafe.

Next on my itinerary is Winnipeg, so that I can check off all of the Canadian teams. I'm also excited for Seattle to join the league.

Reactions: DKH

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I’ve had season tickets for both Boston Garden and the old Madison Square Garden. The latter was, by far, the better. Gave up subscription when Rangers moved to the new Garden at Penn Station. Exact opposite of the old one. Ten rows up from the ice was the equivalent of last seat in stadium level at old MSG.

@Ratty I was only in the old Garden once and it was ugly as the B's lost 9-2. I recall MSG just seemed so much nicer than the Garden as it had an escalator. The new Garden was terrible for hockey and even with the rebuilt it still isn't great.

The old site is now this

upload_2019-3-4_10-57-51.png

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I've only been to MSG and Nassau for away games but I'd love to go to Bridgestone in Nashville and Amalie Arena in Tampa.

Those may be my top 2 as far as arenas I would like to go to.

Even through the TV, you can see that Nashville has a college-type atmosphere. I wish there was more of that in pro sports. I’ve always thought the Bruins have one of the best, if not the best, home rinks during the playoffs. But it’s pretty low key until then.

I am more just curious about Amalie. Everyone I know who has been there raves about it.

Reactions: Alicat

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
so many barns I`ve been to but also so many I haven`t but I have to say, for anyone who hasn`t seen a game in Montreal, do yourself a favor.

For as much as I despise the team and their fans, there is no place to be that comes remotely close to game day than Montreal. The buzz in the city is tangible, I`ve likely seen 100+ games at both the Forum and the Bell Centre or whatever it might be called these days. Not all vs the B`s but it`s a great hockey city as much as it pains me to say. And for those who are single out there, it`s a "beautiful" city:naughty:

Went to the old Aud in Buffalo, really liked their fans, went to Nassau many moons ago, true dump but loved the fans there too

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The old Olympia in Detroit had the best sightlines in the NHL but the Wings had to flee the neighborhood which really got bad in the 70's

DancingToChinMusic.jpg

attachment.php

s-l1600.jpg

Reactions: MetM

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I’ve only ever seen Boston play in Edmonton, but I’ve always had a great experience. We get a ton of Bruins fans at those games, too. Probably 70-30 or 60-40 for Oil fan

Reactions: Ladyfan

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
If its not a hated rival's rinks it cannot match.I seen Bruins play in Calgary and Edm and its not the same as watching them in Toronto or Montreal cause of the hatred level for them within the division and years of fierce rivals.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Funny thing I only seen them in Vancouver and Florida, Vancouver multiple times, its kinda comical as they are probably 2 of the farthest rinks away from Boston.

Next up Las Vegas or Nashville, and one day to actually see them in Boston, one day!

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
What I have noticed in the past few years is that Boston teams are really hated in other cities because the city has won so much in the past 17 years.

But the only NHL arena that a Bruins fan needs to be on guard in is Philadelphia but it is even worse for visiting Rangers, Caps and Pittsburgh fans.

Boston and Philly are more alike than either city wants to admit. Philly is larger in population but that is because so many adjacent towns were forced to join the city in the early 20th Century. There are parts of Philly that are very rural.

@sooshii might be able to explain it.

Fox_Chase_Farm_01.JPG

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Just like to say that as a person who hasn't traveled all that much and hasn't had a chance to see any of these venues, I really am enjoying the posts and experiences everyone's putting up here.

My only regret is I always said I wanted to see a game at the old Forum in Montreal and never did it. Wish I did...

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Just like to say that as a person who hasn't traveled all that much and hasn't had a chance to see any of these venues, I really am enjoying the posts and experiences everyone's putting up here.

My only regret is I always said I wanted to see a game at the old Forum in Montreal and never did it. Wish I did...

There were a few games in the Forum I wish I hadn't been at :cry:

Back in the day they had an anthem singer that is was said was worth a goal a game to the Habs - He was the best I have ever heard

Last edited:

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
There were a few games in the Forum I wish I hadn't been at :cry:

Back in the day they had an anthem singer that is was said was worth a goal a game to the Habs - He was the best I have ever heard

Good point! In those days the B’s didn’t win too often up there

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018
Barclays center had a lot of traveling bruins fans and great restaurants outside it was a shame the building was not hockey friendly

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
American Airlines when I lived in Dallas. Because it was at least 1/3 Bruins fans lol.

Other than that, I went to college in NYC and went to a lot of games at MSG. All Bruins games when they were there (pre-season included). That was always a fun environment, but it's more fun at MSG when you can join in on the home team fun. I remember going to the Rags vs Pens after Crosby scored the golden goal and I credit myself with starting a Crosby Sucks chant (which was then followed by a USA chant). It was the longest and loudest series of chants I can remember in any arena. I can't imagine being a pro athlete and having thousands of people screaming I suck for easily 2 minutes straight.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
What I have noticed in the past few years is that Boston teams are really hated in other cities because the city has won so much in the past 17 years.

But the only NHL arena that a Bruins fan needs to be on guard in is Philadelphia but it is even worse for visiting Rangers, Caps and Pittsburgh fans.

Boston and Philly are more alike than either city wants to admit. Philly is larger in population but that is because so many adjacent towns were forced to join the city in the early 20th Century. There are parts of Philly that are very rural.

@sooshii might be able to explain it.

Fox_Chase_Farm_01.JPG
I’ve only been to the Forum, the Garden and the Philly venues. I’ve never had a hard time in Philly, but I always travel with a my own security force. :D

Reactions: Fenway

crimsonace

Mar 7, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
I've seen games in Chicago, Columbus, St. Louis & Toronto (and South Bend).

The old St. Louis Arena was a really cool and unique - if uncomfortable and cramped with really long bathroom lines - old barn.

Chicago - last game I went to there was in 2007. It was before Rocky Wirtz began turning things around. The place was empty and the building is huge, but we enjoyed it. Only time I've been there when it's full was for an NBA playoff game. It's loud, but the upper deck sightlines are far.
Columbus - every time I go there, the place is at least 1/3 Bruins fans. It's a great building with really good sightlines. Last time I was there was 2011 ... maybe I need to get back there next week.
St. Louis - fans are really nice, it's the only building where the organist still plays after the goal horn, sightlines are solid. Arena is one of the older ones in the NHL now. The "roar" from the fans is very reminiscent of the old Arena.
Toronto - at the time, it was really quiet but felt like you were participating in a cultural tradition - attended an HNIC game against the Penguins on my honeymoon. Didn't have any difficulties but I was a neutral fan just enjoying the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad