What is your favorite arena/city to see the Bruins on the road?

What is your favorite arena to see the Bruins on the road?

• KeyBank Center Buffalo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wells Fargo Center Philadelphia

• Capital One Arena Washington

• United Center Chicago

• PPG Paints Arena Pittsburgh

• Total voters

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
Well, I'd have to vote Nashville since I've only ever seen them play here. :laugh: Once. :(

Can I say I'd like to see them play in Boston? :D
Wife and I saw the Bs there a few years ago on the season ticket holder away trip. Love the city. Preds fans took us out on Broadway after the game and showed us a great time. Great energy in the arena.

Reactions: Strafer

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Wife and I saw the Bs there a few years ago on the season ticket holder away trip. Love the city. Preds fans took us out on Broadway after the game and showed us a great time. Great energy in the arena.
It's a fun place for a game. Best game I ever saw there was vs Dallas, I think in 2013. Jagr was playing for Dallas. Preds came back to win. Weber fought somebody, Benn maybe? I need to dig up the box score.

08SeaBass08

Maybe next year.
Jul 8, 2010
Funkytown, Boogie Wonderland
I’m going to start hitting every away place in baseball and hockey as I face the reality of retirement in less than 2 years and need hobbies
Until we had kids, my wife and I (both teachers) traveled every summer. I've seen games in Seattle, Oakland, San Francisco, LA, Anaheim, Denver, Arlington, Kansas City, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Tampa, both New Yorks (old) and Baltimore. Great times at all, and most were fun places to visit. Our kids are getting close enough to road tripping age and my son likes camping, so I'll be hitting a bunch of new places in the next few years.

Sadly, I've only ever seen the Bruins in Colorado (I went to grad school in Boulder) and Montreal. The Montreal experience was sensational.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Amalie Arena in Tampa, Pre-game dinner at Columbia in Ybor City (1905 salad a must), a nice cigar, then on to the Arena. Easy to get to, downtown location.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I saw hockey in 5 out of 6 and got a swine flu shot at the Olympia. The old MSG was the inspiration for Boston Garden

DuQjoCZXcAAsLI_.jpg

What an incredible looking venue. So, so close to the action no matter where you are sitting.

Reactions: Fenway

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I’ve only ever seen the Bruins play on the road once. At the Pepsi Center in Denver a few years back.

The arena is whatever. The experience was amazing though because the arena was AT LEAST half Bruins fans. The amount of New England transplants out that way is amazing. At one point after a penalty was called on the Bruins, the guy in front of me (Avs season ticket holder) turned around and said “that’s the first time I’ve heard an arena boo for a minor penalty called on the visiting team”.

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Montreal-Chicago-DC in that order.

Also been to Toronto, Philly, Sunrise and Tampa, but they don't crack the top 3....although Bern's Steakhouse in Tampa is awesome....

Haven't been to a Bruins game in Nashville or Vegas, but looking forward to it.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
"
If the Bruins play the Leafs in the first round I will be making the trip to Toronto. Next year I plan on crossing all of the New York teams off my bucket list.

Edit: I know this doesn't count, but I watched a preseason game down in Sunrise against the Nashville Predators. It made the news as being one of the least attended games? If you look at the picture in the article you can see my Uncle and I right on the glass next to some Predators fans. It was such a bizarre experience to say the least.

Florida Panthers explain embarrassingly low preseason game attendance[/QUOTE]

"If you look at the picture in the article you can see my Uncle and I right on the glass next to some Predators fans."o_O
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
You're kidding right!?!?:eek:

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
I've been to a fair few... Let's see if I can get them all...

Winnipeg - Amazing atmosphere, great food and fans.

Minnesota - The State of Hockey doesn't disappoint. The X is a fantastic arena.

Detroit - Joe Louis - Old barn that was a great place to catch a game.

San Jose - Surprisingly good fans, good food, good sightlines.

Vancouver - Special for 2011... Good sightlines, good food, awesome city.

Tampa - The building is great, but the fans are insanely annoying. Noisemakers are minor league.

New York - MSG - Gets a lot of flak, but I've had good experiences here.

Ottawa - Like the stadium and the food, but it's so far from the city. Ottawa fans are fun.

St. Louis - It was...okay. Nothing stands out.

Florida - Meh. At least it's warm there. Fans are boring, the whole place is boring.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Washington - The arena really transformed the area and the fans are OK - just don't sit near horn guy :laugh:

Detroit - The new arena is spectacular and the city is now alive at night.

Newark - The arena is wonderful but downtown Newark is well Newark.

Reactions: Ladyfan and Strafer

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I’ve seen a few. Not sure i have a favorite

Bell Centre Montreal - massive. Electric atmosphere. Fans were super nice to me when the Habs won big, and super dicks when the Bruins won big.

ACC Toronto - also massive. Some atrocious sight lines and obstructions. Fans were super dicks to me and my then pregnant former bride

Scotia Ottawa - large but felt dated. Like a massive silent library with an ice surface. The arena is also in the middle of nowhere.

HSBC buffalo - felt a lot like a blue TD garden. I just remember buffalo was a crappy place to visit and parking was inexpensive. Crowd was surprisingly great when i was there.

Msg - been here a few times pre/during/post renovations. Never impressed. Doesn’t feel worthy of the hype and attention. Fans were dicks to me most times

Nassau - dated. A large minor league hockey arena is exactly what it feels like. I’ve only been there to see garbage Isles teams so i assume its better now.

Barclays - not for hockey. Happy they left. Just a terrible idea all around.

Prudential New Jersey - pretty bland. Lame crowd. Didn’t like the area.

Verizon Wireless DC - in a busy ass area. Arena was pretty cool and i saw Iginla pot his 30th of the year as a Bruin

The Igloo - i absolutely loved this place. The city was disgusting but the building literally dripped character. Seriously. There were leaks. Fans were jerks to me and then a family of STH stood up for me.

Whatever the Raleigh building is - loved this building. Fans were unbelievably welcoming. Parking was cheap or free (i forget) and the tailgating was a great time. We tailgated post game also to avoid crowds. Bruins lost to go down 3-1 in the second round series.

I think that’s it for me, Raleigh probably gets top honors just because of the fans.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Last edited:

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Side note, I am so tired of arenas and stadiums being a bunch of bank or business names. Give me something with character, not First National Bank of Nowhere Industrial Arena and Civic Center.

Stupid naming rights. :mad:

I'm cranky. Tomorrow is Monday. Sigh.

Reactions: Strafer and Fenway

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Anaheim is solid. Good arena, cheap and easy parking.

I've been to Wells Fargo for other events, but never a Flyers game. Have a soft spot for South Philly though, despite it all.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Yes it is

It was at 8th Avenue between 49 and 50th St - Today there isn't even a marker of any kind.

GettyImages-79158698.jpg

When the arena closed on February 12, 1968, these Bruins greats were on the ice IN UNIFORM - Eddie Shore, Bill Cowley, Dit Clapper, Milt Schmidt, Cooney Weiland, Johnny Crawford and Fleming Mackell.

The Last Rangers Game at the Old Garden - MSGNetworks.com

GettyImages-538704678.jpg
Super pictures Fenway. I love historical photos as in "Dirty Old Boston" on Face book. Thanks for the pictures!

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Last edited:

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
What an incredible looking venue. So, so close to the action no matter where you are sitting.

"The fans were right on top of you."

Boston Garden was built for boxing and other events, but primarily, it was built for hockey. The Bruins were the first ever American based NHL club (1924).

If you want to check their initial digs, visit Matthews Arena at my alma mater, Northeastern. Still stands to this day! Matthews Arena - Wikipedia

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
We have been to Montreal but not to a game. Toronto was the best so far.

Been to both arenas in Florida (twice) all three in Calif (twice), DC, Philly, Nashville, Vegas, Toronto and Prague in 2010.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->