What is your favorite arena/city to see the Bruins on the road?

What is your favorite arena to see the Bruins on the road?

• KeyBank Center Buffalo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wells Fargo Center Philadelphia

• Capital One Arena Washington

• United Center Chicago

• PPG Paints Arena Pittsburgh

• Total voters

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Going to another city to see the Bruins play is always fun but do you have a personal favorite?

To me, Centre Bell in Montreal tops the list. While it isn't the old Forum the atmosphere is electric and generally Bruins fans don't have a problem cheering there.

For road trip cities - Las Vegas is hard to beat. The arena is right on the strip and even a non-gambler can find plenty to do.

Nashville has become a favorite for visiting fans.

Philadelphia is the worst for visiting fans - they hate everybody and are proud of it but the city is worth visiting.

Buffalo is underrated - Niagara Falls being 20 miles away is a pull. Another underrated city is Pittsburgh.

Chicago is always a good place to visit.

Of course, we will always have a soft spot for Rogers Arena in Vancouver. :)

BruinsFan1990

Mar 29, 2016
Winthrop, MA
I've only seen the Bruins play in 3 arenas away from home (Ottawa, Montreal and Detroit).

For some reason I loved Ottawa the most. Yes, even more than Montreal. The arena is in the middle of nowhere, but the fans couldn't have been nicer the three times I've visited. Also, the city and its architecture is beautiful.

Detroit was my least favorite so far. Seeing a game in the Joe before it was decommissioned was cool, but I never felt safe there. The area around the arena is barely lit and my friends and I couldn't wait to get back to their place in Ann Arbor. Not to mention we had a couple of ***hole fans near us that had too much to drink.

If the Bruins play the Leafs in the first round I will be making the trip to Toronto. Next year I plan on crossing all of the New York teams off my bucket list.

Edit: I know this doesn't count, but I watched a preseason game down in Sunrise against the Nashville Predators. It made the news as being one of the least attended games? If you look at the picture in the article you can see my Uncle and I right on the glass next to some Predators fans. It was such a bizarre experience to say the least.

Florida Panthers explain embarrassingly low preseason game attendance

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
I loved the Belle but I was disappointed in the Habs fans when I went.

Boston at Nashville is next for me

Ive been waiting for 4 years for a weekend game at msg

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
So far, Nashville and Vegas. Easy to get to the arena, great fan experience, and a lot to do in the area. I haven’t been to a game in a Canadian city yet and am looking forward to that experience.

The actual arena in Sunrise is pretty nice but it’s in the middle of nowhere. Raleigh is also in the middle of nowhere.

Tampa is a really nice arena with a cool party deck serving $2 beers after the game. It makes me so mad when I go to other arenas that are Delaware North facilities and the concessions are so much better than what we have in Boston.

Reactions: Strafer

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Barclays cause I live in Brooklyn and tickets are always dirt cheap.

Other sadiums I've been to:
San Jose
Arizona
Philly
MSG
Colorado
Scottrade (St Louis)

Gonna try to get to Prudential and Nassau this season. Eventually wanna get up to the Bell Centre.

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
only ever seen them in Vancouver, couple games back in the old PNE Coliseum, i was too young to notice the amenities at all. A few games at GM Place/Rogers Arena, which is a nice enough building. Last 2 games i've gone to sucked though, losing 6-2 and 6-1

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Tampa is a really nice arena with a cool party deck serving $2 beers after the game. It makes me so mad when I go to other arenas that are Delaware North facilities and the concessions are so much better than what we have in Boston.

Something I learned years ago - When Delaware North has to earn a contract they are top notch.

They have the contracts at

Venues

AGGANIS ARENA
AMALIE ARENA Tampa
BRIDGESTONE ARENA Nashville
KEYBANK CENTER Buffalo
LITTLE CAESARS ARENA Detroit
NATIONWIDE ARENA Columbus
XFINITY CENTER Mansfield, Massachusetts

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I’m going later this month to watch Florida and Tampa.

I know nothing about the arenas

Any insight what to expect

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

The Tampa arena is five stars - Sunrise is a good venue but it is a pain to get to.

Reactions: DKH

Friar85

Dec 16, 2013

Eat before you head towards Amalie, dull neighborhood in the immediate vicinity. Not crazy about Sunrise either. Lots of chain places. Nothing special about either arena, but the weather is great.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
I didn't see the Bruins in Tampa, but Amalie Arena is awesome. Only places I've seen the B's on the road are Nassau Coliseum and MSG. Neither one is any good, but the Coliseum is better than MSG

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I got to see all the original six barns in the 60's.

Wish you people could have experienced that.

Something I will never forget and I'll take those barns any day of the week.

I saw hockey in 5 out of 6 and got a swine flu shot at the Olympia. The old MSG was the inspiration for Boston Garden

DuQjoCZXcAAsLI_.jpg

Friar85

Dec 16, 2013
I like the LA road trip. Stay in the South Bay kind of between the two arenas, love Manhattan Beach. Will often see Kings out on the town. Just a great place, other than sitting on the 405.

Friar85

Dec 16, 2013
I’m going to start hitting every away place in baseball and hockey as I face the reality of retirement in less than 2 years and need hobbies
Just retired and started a part time second career. It is wonderful, and the amount of hockey I watch now is ridiculous.

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
I’ve got to see them play in Montreal three times. They lost all three times but it was great time.

Montreal ( Forum,Belle) plane / bus

Hartford ... was a good time but it reminded me of going at the mall atmosphere. Sort of like being at the movies. But overall a good time. Went with a sports tour agency on a bus with B’s fans.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->